Another LIVE E-class thread —- Apex 1/29/2022

mac_tlc

3 hours ago, CruzeBoozer said:

Thanks I have seen the folded towels placed at times.  I was referring to the last pic posted where they are covering the chairs and it appears there may be a bag and chair clips etc. as if people who are not there using them are reserving them.

Ah, I see. There were 4 people already up at the Sundeck when I wandered through at about 7:30am. Not to say they were going to stay there ....

mac_tlc

On 2/5/2022 at 6:31 AM, mac_tlc said:

And so we wrap up cruise #42. It was a wonderful time on a fabulous ship. We really do like the Retreat experience on E-class. 

A few shots pulling into Port Everglades :

AFA66173-A09D-4850-B653-EA682CD80816.jpeg

67F121CE-7A2E-47A6-BC5A-2B9DA6EAE21A.jpeg

4B981DBF-B4CB-4BA8-B525-8FC0BBDBA3E1.jpeg

6D1F0E94-41B6-4BD8-9102-6E4E8FBC83BF.jpeg

I will be posting all of my pictures to my FLIKR account within the next few days. I’ll post the link here.

Until next time, March 27,2022 onboard the Celebrity Edge. Please join us for a trip to the Western Caribbean!!

mac_tlc

I can’t until after May 25…but let us know when we can join u after that!!

10 hours ago, KKB said:

I can’t until after May 25…but let us know when we can join u after that!!

I updated our current future cruises in my signature. The one in that list that probably won't happen is the Transatlantic on the Brilliance of the Seas, but it may be replaced with something out of FL late in the year. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

Mac_tlc:

Thank you for a great trip report. It brought back great memories of our Apex cruise in December. I would like to ask you about a topic from another thread regarding Luminae. From your experience eating dinner at Luminae were you aware of another selection of entrees and starters called Everyday  Items? Did you see a printed menu of these choices or did your waiter ever mention to you the availability of alternative starters and entrees? It's being discussed that it's available fleetwide as alternative starters and entrees for dinner in Luminae. On some ships the waiters in Luminae actively give a printed menu, either a separate one altogether or an additional page in the main Luminae menu, or it may be verbally relayed that these additional choices are available. On my cruise in December on the Apex none of those things regarding alternate starter and entree choices were done. I would truly like to know what your experience is on this matter. Thanks! 

7 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Mac_tlc:

Thank you for a great trip report. It brought back great memories of our Apex cruise in December. I would like to ask you about a topic from another thread regarding Luminae. From your experience eating dinner at Luminae were you aware of another selection of entrees and starters called Everyday  Items? Did you see a printed menu of these choices or did your waiter ever mention to you the availability of alternative starters and entrees? It's being discussed that it's available fleetwide as alternative starters and entrees for dinner in Luminae. On some ships the waiters in Luminae actively give a printed menu, either a separate one altogether or an additional page in the main Luminae menu, or it may be verbally relayed that these additional choices are available. On my cruise in December on the Apex none of those things regarding alternate starter and entree choices were done. I would truly like to know what your experience is on this matter. Thanks! 

The Lumimae menu itself makes no reference to the availability of the “Classics” items and we were not given any printed info. We knew because we had sailed on the Edge twice in 2021 and our waiter there told us. We had sailed with him on Equinox  and were saying how nice it was on S-class to have the entire MDR menu available. 

Not sure if our Apex waiter made a point of it, but I don’t think he did. There are four apps available (onion soup, escargot, shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad) and four entrees. We ordered the onion soup every time we were in Luminae. There are four entrees available also. 

mac_tlc

36 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

The Lumimae menu itself makes no reference to the availability of the “Classics” items and we were not given any printed info. We knew because we had sailed on the Edge twice in 2021 and our waiter there told us. We had sailed with him on Equinox  and were saying how nice it was on S-class to have the entire MDR menu available. 

Not sure if our Apex waiter made a point of it, but I don’t think he did. There are four apps available (onion soup, escargot, shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad) and four entrees. We ordered the onion soup every time we were in Luminae. There are four entrees available also. 

mac_tlc

Thank you for your reply, That was my experience in Luminae on the Apex in December. So to clarify, the four starters and four entrees you mention are in ADDITION to the Luminae's nightly offerings but are not mentioned anywhere or told to you, you just have to 'know' about it? On our December cruise it was the first time ever sailing in Retreat Class, and like you experienced no mention was ever made of alternative starters and entrees. Since we're new to Luminae we didn't know about this alternative choice. Had we known there would have been nights that either myself or my husband would have chosen something other than the printed Luminae offerings.

On 2/7/2022 at 7:37 AM, mac_tlc said:

Sorry to post this here, but I figured it was the best way to let you know since I cannot find your email address, ugh!

Mama passed away yesterday. We are heartbroken, but glad she is at peace now.

The Edge cruise last summer with her was magical for so many reasons--obviously as our last cruise together it will always be cherished (as with all the others).

But we got to meet you as well. So glad you were able to meet her. 

I've noted your cruises next winter (STILL considering the Edge in fall 2023 also...) that fit in our schedule, and I am going to see what I can do to cruise together again--but you will have to settle for my husband. 

We are now able to cruise the Apex in March--bittersweet to be sure.

Dad will hopefully be moved into assisted living the week before & my brother is here so I can comfortably go.

Take care--hope to see you in person soon. But certainly, will be watching for your comments & trip reports here.

Edited by KKB

14 hours ago, KKB said:

Sorry to post this here, but I figured it was the best way to let you know since I cannot find your email address, ugh!

Mama passed away yesterday. We are heartbroken, but glad she is at peace now.

The Edge cruise last summer with her was magical for so many reasons--obviously as our last cruise together it will always be cherished (as with all the others).

But we got to meet you as well. So glad you were able to meet her. 

I've noted your cruises next winter (STILL considering the Edge in fall 2023 also...) that fit in our schedule, and I am going to see what I can do to cruise together again--but you will have to settle for my husband. 

We are now able to cruise the Apex in March--bittersweet to be sure.

Dad will hopefully be moved into assisted living the week before & my brother is here so I can comfortably go.

Take care--hope to see you in person soon. But certainly, will be watching for your comments & trip reports here.

So sorry to hear about Mom. sent you an e-mail.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

Well, it took a bit longer than I anticipated but I have finally uploaded my 300 or so pictures from this voyage to my FLICKR account, just click on the picture below.

A lot of the last 50 or so are from around the ship on the morning of day 7 -- hence the lack of people. Lots of pictures of the Retreat Sundeck and Retreat Lounge. 

Celebrity Apex - Eastern Caribbean - 1/29/2022

Edited by mac_tlc