Another LIVE E-class thread —- Apex 1/29/2022

mac_tlc

Lots of pictures of Sky Suites around—- here are a few more:

For those familiar with Royal, this Sky Suite (S2) is a bit more sq ft than a Junior Suite.

9CAB1605-8E8A-4020-A15E-9324041EFAE2.jpeg

Best part is that the bed faces the ocean. All SS’s except the aft S1s have an ocean facing bed.

A6A538D6-B3C3-4964-BCAC-3651EE9DF160.jpeg

While this balcony table is a little better than Edge, it’s still too small. S class has a functional table that can actually be used to have breakfast on. I’ll keep mentioning it on my survey until they respond 😀.

76DE08FA-8918-416F-BD1B-B76A008BFC8A.jpeg

Bathroom is really nice. Mirror slides open for an unobstructed view of the ocean. Shower is different than Edge. This one shoots water in a bunch of directions and places. Watch that step up! Step out can be a slippery one.

5799F1FD-F657-4B6C-A0AC-E56D1E3A8B84.jpeg

F0C68D31-E763-4EF2-A808-AC98AE848D13.jpeg

Toilet has a separate little stall with a door.

541B266F-FCD4-46DA-AEDE-67E330A0E10E.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 4

We are enjoying this same cruise immensely! We are six couples, all staying in Aqua. In fact the ladies in the group are in your pool shot! Can’t ever remember having a front row lounger…in 30 cruises!  Especially after arriving at 11…

Surprises for us…we LOVE the infinite veranda, we were not expecting that!  makes the whole room seem more spacious and light filled.

Eating in  Blu! Fabulous! We can order off all 4 of the dining menus…so many choices.originally we were going to sample all the dining rooms but we love our servers and the great location they set aside for our group all week. No doubt another benefit of cruising with a less than half full ship. 

lots of other fun little surprises too…yesterday a unexpected bottle of wine,today canapés delivered. 

so if you can’t quite swing the Retreat you may find Aqua class does very nicely. The ship itself is simply stunning. And the staff is spectacularly accommodating.

We. almost cancelled. Didn’t really decide until last weekend.So so glad we did not! Covid or not these are the Halcyon days of cruising.  All ports are open, by the way, even St. Thomas. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, ljk76 said:

We are enjoying this same cruise immensely! We are six couples, all staying in Aqua. In fact the ladies in the group are in your pool shot! Can’t ever remember having a front row lounger…in 30 cruises!  Especially after arriving at 11…

Surprises for us…we LOVE the infinite veranda, we were not expecting that!  makes the whole room seem more spacious and light filled.

Eating in  Blu! Fabulous! We can order off all 4 of the dining menus…so many choices.originally we were going to sample all the dining rooms but we love our servers and the great location they set aside for our group all week. No doubt another benefit of cruising with a less than half full ship. 

lots of other fun little surprises too…yesterday a unexpected bottle of wine,today canapés delivered. 

so if you can’t quite swing the Retreat you may find Aqua class does very nicely. The ship itself is simply stunning. And the staff is spectacularly accommodating.

We. almost cancelled. Didn’t really decide until last weekend.So so glad we did not! Covid or not these are the Halcyon days of cruising.  All ports are open, by the way, even St. Thomas. 

I hope they didn’t mind being shown all over the internet !! I’m always a little hesitant to post pictures with people in them who don’t know they are in it. 

We are seriously considering going to Blu one night this week. Good time to try it with a less than full ship.

Have a great time, maybe we will cross paths!! 

mac_tlc

We are on the far side of the pool…no one would ever recognize us, lol. 

if you do go to Blu on night we are the group on the far right wall. Just say you’re on Cruise Critic and looking for Linda! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

Love your photos! Just a wee correction the S3 sky suites don’t have the bed facing the ocean but they have a bigger balcony - on the Magic Carpet track. 
Wendy

You are correct! Forgot about the S3s! 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ljk76 said:

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the Infinity Veranda.   I've seen pictures and movies of it and it looks interesting.   We are bring Ian's sister along on a cruise on Apex in 2023 and I booked a AQ.   Since she and her husband have never cruised before I figured she wouldn't be disappointed as she had never experience a regular veranda.

Just had a superb dinner at Eden. Wonderful presentation. Excellent service. Probably only 1/4 full. 

Crab cake:

B659BD30-2316-4ABB-A483-689A21644C22.jpeg
Bazaar Bowl, probably best appetizer

09BF3990-B3AD-4D48-BA39-F33CF83EC31F.jpeg

Muligawtany soup:

F03C1AC9-DC4A-44F9-8B28-891B95B55BE9.jpeg

Lobster Casserole:

CAB27F2A-86C0-474F-9BD3-C6ED4713FB62.jpeg

Branzino- fabulous

746576A5-42AE-45A5-8B8D-695A6B8B9C3D.jpeg

For dessert, strawberry dessert, lemon tart and a tray of chocolates!!

2CFF7D59-0F2D-4950-A478-9645D0869202.jpeg

1547F6B4-7721-41EB-B8B6-49C5A9BAFD3F.jpeg

DF69D71D-8719-4E08-AEFD-1DCC29C00946.jpeg

Great meal, we may be returning later in the week!

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

All four doors to deck 6, forward and aft, port and starboard are closed.

Hopefully things will change by 2/19!’

Well, if they reserve those rooms for Covid, they'll have to put all of us in that area somewhere else.  Maybe even an upgrade!  Not that we'll have any choice.

In Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic today. This was a replacement for our original scheduled stop in San Juan PR. 

Won’t be getting off the ship today, maybe we will spend some time in the Solarium. 

mac_tlc

On 1/30/2022 at 9:59 AM, mac_tlc said:

Both forward doors to the staterooms, port and starboard, are closed.

CBFDB696-0923-47F3-BA69-8414C0DA7A51.jpeg

04EBFE53-8290-424B-93E3-DEA2B516DDFE.jpegThe aft door to the starboard side is also closed.

93620FEC-94DA-4C5C-BDC9-15964020A3F3.jpeg

The only portion of deck 3 that is accessible is the aft port side, rooms 3173 to 3199.

BE68C114-3DDD-4E82-8AA6-0EED15C2B1F7.png

Thanks for much for this, we're sailing next week in cabin 3140,  I just looked on the Celebrity website and there seem to be many cabins booked throughout the 3rd floor.  If these are being used as quarantine cabins I wonder where they will put all of us?!?!

13 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Thanks for much for this, we're sailing next week in cabin 3140,  I just looked on the Celebrity website and there seem to be many cabins booked throughout the 3rd floor.  If these are being used as quarantine cabins I wonder where they will put all of us?!?!

It's possible Celebrity blocked off most of the cabins on decks 3 and 6 when they realized these would be needed for isolation cabins. 

1 hour ago, Cruisegoer said:

I’ll take another walk around in a couple days to see if anything changes.

With only 1100 or so onboard, there are lots of available cabins. Maybe an upgrade is in order? 😜😜.

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

It's possible Celebrity blocked off most of the cabins on decks 3 and 6 when they realized these would be needed for isolation cabins. 

If that were the case I would expect all cabins to blocked off in those areas, instead this is the current deck 3 availability shown per Celebrity's website.

ApexDeck3 1-31-22.GIF

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

I’ll take another walk around in a couple days to see if anything changes.

With only 1100 or so onboard, there are lots of available cabins. Maybe an upgrade is in order? 😜😜.

mac_tlc

finger's crossed!