Another LIVE E-class thread —- Apex 1/29/2022

mac_tlc

Wishing you calm sea, good weather and many pleasant emotions I want to ask if it is possible to check if there is access to cabin 3188. We have a reservation for March 5. We can't wait after such good photos and positive comments. Fortunately, we are first on the Millennium from 21.02, so there is little time left.

8 minutes ago, Valentin53 said:

Wishing you calm sea, good weather and many pleasant emotions I want to ask if it is possible to check if there is access to cabin 3188. We have a reservation for March 5. We can't wait after such good photos and positive comments. Fortunately, we are first on the Millennium from 21.02, so there is little time left.

I will take a walk down to deck three this morning and check it out.

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, scrabble6 said:

Following, I'm also on Apex currently.  In the theater last night the cruise director announced there are 1140 pax on board,  and around 1100 crew.  

Thanks ! We did not make it to the theatre last night and was wondering about the passenger count. Seems very uncrowded, at least where we were yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Thanks ! We did not make it to the theatre last night and was wondering about the passenger count. Seems very uncrowded, at least where we were yesterday. 

I am more concern about dinning at Luminae on the 1st. night.

I will be on February 5th.

Edited by verizon

9 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I will take a walk down to deck three this morning and check it out.

mac_tlc

Sorry to bother you, can you also check deck 6 to see if there are areas still blocked off? I’m wondering if our cabin will be moved for our Feb 19th cruise.

25 minutes ago, verizon said:

I am more concern about dinning at Luminae on the 1st. night.

I will be on February 5th.

We went last night. It wasn’t bad. We went early, about 5:45. It did get a bit more crowded by the time we left. Here are a couple pictures. We were seated near the end away from the entrance so these are looking back towards the entrance. 

It was very rocky and there may have been a couple who didn’t make it.

We were along side the window and that white chair in the picture is the middle two-top table next to us. They did seat someone there about halfway through our meal. 

0789131F-AF95-4C7D-954A-3A66C8B9BC83.jpeg

32CECE08-EFEC-439C-94EE-70E4536A3896.jpeg

There was a card in the room gently suggesting that you go early or late on the first night.

Edited by mac_tlc

18 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

Sorry to bother you, can you also check deck 6 to see if there are areas still blocked off? I’m wondering if our cabin will be moved for our Feb 19th cruise.

No problem. I’ll add deck 6 to my morning walk!!

mac_tlc

24 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We went last night. It wasn’t bad. We went early, about 5:45. It did get a bit more crowded by the time we left. Here are a couple pictures. We were seated near the end away from the entrance so these are looking back towards the entrance. 

It was very rocky and there may have been a couple who didn’t make it.

We were along side the window and that white chair in the picture is the middle two-top table next to us. They did seat someone there about halfway through our meal. 

0789131F-AF95-4C7D-954A-3A66C8B9BC83.jpeg

32CECE08-EFEC-439C-94EE-70E4536A3896.jpeg

There was a card in the room gently suggesting that you go early or late on the first night.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by verizon

1 hour ago, Valentin53 said:

Both forward doors to the staterooms, port and starboard, are closed.

CBFDB696-0923-47F3-BA69-8414C0DA7A51.jpeg

04EBFE53-8290-424B-93E3-DEA2B516DDFE.jpegThe aft door to the starboard side is also closed.

93620FEC-94DA-4C5C-BDC9-15964020A3F3.jpeg

The only portion of deck 3 that is accessible is the aft port side, rooms 3173 to 3199.

BE68C114-3DDD-4E82-8AA6-0EED15C2B1F7.png

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

27 minutes ago, crystallake said:

We are on 2/19 cruise also on deck 6.

All four doors to deck 6, forward and aft, port and starboard are closed.

Hopefully things will change by 2/19!’

8416AC88-F31A-401B-A3E9-32A602887EF3.jpeg

C6A42878-EF1A-4F71-90B0-FBCB46F3F6DF.jpeg

4430A979-B54B-47F7-B4BC-DCD50333D86F.jpeg

25B46F1D-F2DE-4D28-9385-36E1CE14FBC9.jpeg

• Thanks 2

I appreciate you taking the time to check. I’m hoping there will be at least a week between using that area for isolation and having active passengers occupy the area. Although I’d hate to lose the veranda, I’m sorta hoping we get moved. 

I hope today is a warmer day for you! 

Thanks for your reports and really enjoying the pictures.  

I noticed on the Daily that masks are now required at all times outside your room, including the solarium and gym.   By the way it is written they would also be required outside.    Is this being complied with?    Just curious.

7 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I appreciate you taking the time to check. I’m hoping there will be at least a week between using that area for isolation and having active passengers occupy the area. Although I’d hate to lose the veranda, I’m sorta hoping we get moved. 

I hope today is a warmer day for you! 

I have heard from some folks who tested positive on board that their cabin was intentionally left vacant the following week. That sounds like a prudent move, especially since the ships are not full. 

mac_tlc

2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I have heard from some folks who tested positive on board that their cabin was intentionally left vacant the following week. That sounds like a prudent move, especially since the ships are not full. 

mac_tlc

I am wondering if this is a legal CYA move to avoid lawsuits ?

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for your reports and really enjoying the pictures.  

I noticed on the Daily that masks are now required at all times outside your room, including the solarium and gym.   By the way it is written they would also be required outside.    Is this being complied with?    Just curious.

Since it was so chilly yesterday we didn’t venture outside. Indoor compliance has been very good. 

We went to the show in The Club last night and maybe one or two didn’t have the mask on. 

Cruise director Lauren mentioned on her TV daily show this morning that they are having a silent disco session outside tonight in the Rooftop Garden specifically so you won’t have to wear a mask. 

We will venture out today and I can anecdotally report back.

mac_tlc

Just now, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

That’s great know! Eases our nerves a bit. The testing requirement, plus the questions from concerned family members (Are you sure you want to go?) has me a bit off kilter. However, I’m determined to have my week of warmth and relaxation. Reading live reports such as yours is very reassuring. Thank you for reporting on your experience!

16 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

That’s great know! Eases our nerves a bit. The testing requirement, plus the questions from concerned family members (Are you sure you want to go?) has me a bit off kilter. However, I’m determined to have my week of warmth and relaxation. Reading live reports such as yours is very reassuring. Thank you for reporting on your experience!

This is our fifth cruise since the restart, but first since Omicron. I’d be lying if I told you we weren’t apprehensive for all of them, especially this one. 

It’s pretty easy to distance on a 1/3 full ship. We do feel safe on board, but you never know. 

It will be very tough getting back to full ships!

mac_tlc

23 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

Good for you for still going on your cruise!  Have a great time, and you seem very prudent so I am sure you'll be safe!!!

A couple of pictures from the pool deck .plenty of loungers available. 

2393C67A-0E60-4B85-804A-37AA7CC282DB.jpeg

863FFA9A-0CC3-484B-A808-A2A981EDE71C.jpeg

C2C384DB-F02A-4F92-B98C-966BBB695F13.jpeg
The solarium has a few more folks, but not crowded. Retreat sundeck is more crowded —- not shoulder to shoulder but more crowded. I’ll get some pictures of that area some morning when I can wander around and not get people in the pictures. 

Another change from the Edge are the whirlpools in the Solarium. On Edge, there is one, next to the pool. On Apex there are two, one on each side of the pool and they are located nearer to the wall behind the pool. Pictures available soon ! 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

The only portion of deck 3 that is accessible is the aft port side, rooms 3173 to 3199.

Interesting. I'm booked on the starboard side of Deck 3 for 3/5. I received the Move Up e-mail but will wait to see if I get moved anyway. If not, I'm happy where I booked. (I mean, if that area is opened up to regular passengers.)