Another LIVE E-class thread —- Apex 1/29/2022

mac_tlc

On 1/30/2022 at 6:22 AM, mac_tlc said:

No problem. I’ll add deck 6 to my morning walk!!

mac_tlc

Deck 6 should still be blocked off, however, if you are in one of the 4 retreat cabins on 6, you are allowed access. I have been told by higher ups that all passengers with the exception of the Retreat guests will be moved.

Edited by neverlaysup

15 hours ago, MikesDream said:

I’m looking forward to my February 12 sailing. I’m packing my walking shoes since I am in an aft cabin. Could you possibly find out if the spa is offering a seven day pass and how much it cost to purchase on the ship? I’d like to get a spa pass and a facial but I was wondering if it was a better deal to book it on the ship or book it in advance? Thank you so much. I am looking forward to sailing and the edge class and your daily posts are really getting me excited!

I am on that sailing as well. On our previous sailing (1/8-15) a seven day Thermal Suite pass was $230. We actually just upgraded from our Porthole veranda to AQ at customer service for $200. Cheaper and we had BLU.

• Like 1

Welcome to St. Kitts. Another beautiful morning. Will probably just get off to take a walk around. Same excursion rules as St. Thomas. Unvaccinated under 12 need to be on a Celebrity tour. 

B8BB7A9E-7FA1-4500-870E-87015A606941.jpeg

113AD8CC-022E-4BA5-82E2-FDA573745672.jpeg

D114A489-A4E0-47DD-96AB-F9318A534C10.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

I am on that sailing as well. On our previous sailing (1/8-15) a seven day Thermal Suite pass was $230. We actually just upgraded from our Porthole veranda to AQ at customer service for $200. Cheaper and we had BLU.

Interesting. Did you upgrade at customer service on the ship, in the port or over the phone? We seriously considered bidding up or moving to Aqua class, But we have two aft cabins on the same deck. I loved aft cabins and being close to my traveling companions. I wonder if We could offer to pay the upgrade and keep the aft cabins?

This is our first time to St. Kitts. I wandered around the port area. It was very nice and almost all shops/restaurants are open. 

7E7756FB-CE30-46DE-8E03-F7530841F382.jpeg

290F91EB-8D71-4BE3-91C8-EDC85E199ECC.jpeg

617EC4B8-40EF-47F9-B014-5A3D8F4BBE8A.jpeg

69300F02-8E50-401C-A4D5-0915C60E6631.jpeg

BF2D27B2-7DC3-41CB-B3A4-79A2B498E682.jpeg

E3363A36-394C-49C9-84A5-EBCA553F316E.jpeg

68CFFB3E-2F39-4ACB-ADB6-48520EACC895.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MikesDream said:

Interesting. Did you upgrade at customer service on the ship, in the port or over the phone? We seriously considered bidding up or moving to Aqua class, But we have two aft cabins on the same deck. I loved aft cabins and being close to my traveling companions. I wonder if We could offer to pay the upgrade and keep the aft cabins?

We boarded the ship, went to our porthole veranda cabin and dropped stuff off. This was our first time on the Apex so we walked the ship to tour it and ended up in the spa and took the spa tour. At the end, the girl asked us if we wanted to buy a spa pass for $230 each and we said we would think about it. I ended up walking downstairs and going to customer service to inquire about a room upgrade. I was told it was $200 for AQ or $800 for SS. Since my wife wanted the spa, it was cheaper to upgrade on the ship to AQ than buy a spa pass and it was $200 cheaper than the minimum move up bid prior to boarding. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mac and thank you for posting while on your vacation! We are scheduled to board on the 12th and your pics are making us super excited! I see you are in St Kitts today and we are scheduled to visit as well on our itinerary although when I just looked at the app I no longer see St Kitts showing up as a port. If you have time would you mind asking if there are any plans to not go to St Kitts in two weeks? If not no worries, while we will miss going there I’m sure we will find things to do onboard! 
Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Cheers!

4 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

We boarded the ship, went to our porthole veranda cabin and dropped stuff off. This was our first time on the Apex so we walked the ship to tour it and ended up in the spa and took the spa tour. At the end, the girl asked us if we wanted to buy a spa pass for $230 each and we said we would think about it. I ended up walking downstairs and going to customer service to inquire about a room upgrade. I was told it was $200 for AQ or $800 for SS. Since my wife wanted the spa, it was cheaper to upgrade on the ship to AQ than buy a spa pass and it was $200 cheaper than the minimum move up bid prior to boarding. 

Was the upgrade $200 per person of $200 per cabin?  Either way... great deal.

After a great dinner at Lumimae, getting ready for the show, Tree of Life.

A8F788BD-1C8B-4C30-9A8A-02B7BBB0CF52.jpeg

Regarding the crowds at Lumimae, there aren’t any. Certainly not at the times we have gone. Seems like less than when we were on the Edge in October. 

Our waiter is Hernando and his area is all the way to the front of the restaurant. While it is a little more crowded at the other end, by the entrance, it’s still only 1/4 to 1/3 full, at most. Few if any folks along the inside wall away from the window.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

5 hours ago, Martini Queenie said:

Hi Mac and thank you for posting while on your vacation! We are scheduled to board on the 12th and your pics are making us super excited! I see you are in St Kitts today and we are scheduled to visit as well on our itinerary although when I just looked at the app I no longer see St Kitts showing up as a port. If you have time would you mind asking if there are any plans to not go to St Kitts in two weeks? If not no worries, while we will miss going there I’m sure we will find things to do onboard! 
Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Cheers!

I noticed on the app that it shows three sea days after St. Thomas. I bet that will change. I will ask the Captains Club rep tomorrow if they know anything.

mac_tlc

14 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

After a great dinner at Lumimae, getting ready for the show, Tree of Life.

A8F788BD-1C8B-4C30-9A8A-02B7BBB0CF52.jpeg

Regarding the crowds at Lumimae, there aren’t any. Certainly not at the times we have gone. Seems like less than when we were on the Edge in October. 

Our waiter is Hernando and his area is all the way to the front of the restaurant. While it is a little more crowded at the other end, by the entrance, it’s still only 1/4 to 1/3 full, at most. Few if any folks along the inside wall away from the window.

mac_tlc

Wanna say Hernando (from Colombia?) is who was phenomenal last week at making sure my vegan wife was taken care of. If you see him again tell him hi from the Collins. Thanks 

On 2/1/2022 at 9:45 AM, MikesDream said:

I’m looking forward to my February 12 sailing. I’m packing my walking shoes since I am in an aft cabin. Could you possibly find out if the spa is offering a seven day pass and how much it cost to purchase on the ship? I’d like to get a spa pass and a facial but I was wondering if it was a better deal to book it on the ship or book it in advance? Thank you so much. I am looking forward to sailing and the edge class and your daily posts are really getting me excited!

Here are the price sheets for the spa:

2B43AFE0-B610-4E6D-AAEE-8AB0A656A2EB.jpeg

CF15DC32-1085-4D52-991E-CA6A2CC3EEBC.jpeg

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, cltcruisers123 said:

Wanna say Hernando (from Colombia?) is who was phenomenal last week at making sure my vegan wife was taken care of. If you see him again tell him hi from the Collins. Thanks 

We will mention it to him tonight! 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1