Specialty Coffee Elite Plus

crusin'k

17 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That was not my experience on the Apex in December. Even in Luminae it wasn't granted. This was confirmed by the Retreat host, and the host at Luminae. 

Another reason why I will rarely book Celebrity in the future. Elite Plus does not mean much anymore. I will be booking Oceania and lines like that. All the Elite + type benefits are included. Specialty coffee included everywhere.

9 hours ago, the penguins said:

Alcohol yes - collect it from the Passport Bar on the way in. Latte on the first night at the end of the meal when the tea/coffee lady comes round I ask for a Latte followed by "I know you have to go to Al Bacio so don't bother tonight but from tomorrow could you please pick one up anytime from when I order dessert thank you". Works every time (including the first night)  and the girl gets the gratuity on the drink and  an extra tip from me on the last night. It's a win win.

Yes, if sailing without a drink package I'll definitely bring a glass of wine from any of the bars into the Dining room (Not a big drinker, so one glass is fine at dinner).

Your solution to the specialty coffee situation is one workaround. What we will do is see whether we like the dessert offerings in the Dining Room that particular night and decide whether just to have dessert and then head to Cafe Al Bacio for just coffee or skip dessert entirely in the Dining Room and leave after finishing the main course and having dessert and coffee at Al Bacio. 

I do think it's odd that in Retreat Class specialty Coffee and Teas (Non-Alcoholic) at lunch and dinner in Luminae aren't included in the base fare (Yes included with Beverage Package). 

1 hour ago, spammie said:

When did the free specialty coffee drinks become a perk for Elite +?  We cruised in December and I was not aware of this.  

Many years ago now. I might be wrong, but I though it was added when they created Elite Plus.

When it comes to the S-Class ship. Blu is next to Tuscan Grille. TG is where Celebrity has the morning Elite breakfast with cappuccino, latte, espresso, etc. While I have not seen the espresso machine. I was told they have one portside between TG and Blu.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:00 PM, Charles4515 said:

Another reason why I will rarely book Celebrity in the future. Elite Plus does not mean much anymore. I will be booking Oceania and lines like that. All the Elite + type benefits are included. Specialty coffee included everywhere.

Good info for the Oceania board. 

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Good info for the Oceania board. 

They know on the Oceania board. There may be some on the Celebrity board who think they are getting great extras for being Elite +, extras and don't have the info that other cruise lines include them in the base fare..

Edited by Charles4515

• 1 year later...
On 2/1/2022 at 8:07 PM, Charles4515 said:

They know on the Oceania board. There may be some on the Celebrity board who think they are getting great extras for being Elite +, extras and don't have the info that other cruise lines include them in the base fare..

On 2/10/2022 at 6:36 PM, LuAnn said:

Thanks Charles!!

The base fare is a good bit higher on Oceana!

we always enjoyed Aspen Coffee after dinner in the MDR or at Cafe Baccio..It has gone off an on the menu  not sure of current status...

We serve it at home to guests..even have the glass cups with handles.

• Like 1

On past sailings, specialty coffees were on the dessert menu in the MDR.   Disappointing if they are listed but can’t get them as Elite +. 

A few years back a couple we were dining with were Elite + and she had confirmed that she could get her coffee at dinner in the MDR. Made of point of telling the waitstaff she. Ordering. 

22 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

On past sailings, specialty coffees were on the dessert menu in the MDR.   Disappointing if they are listed but can’t get them as Elite +. 

A few years back a couple we were dining with were Elite + and she had confirmed that she could get her coffee at dinner in the MDR. Made of point of telling the waitstaff she. Ordering. 

I always have a free (Elite+) latte in MDR at the end of the meal. I appreciate this is a long walk for the drinks person so on the first night I ask them to just bring me a Latte any time from when my desert is served.