LIVE on Reflection 29 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

I think this is what @canderson is referring to... New Royal Caribbean Ships Break Even at 35 Percent Occupancy - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

There are many caveats as I read this. One, this applies to the new, larger ships (lower crew/pax ratio, more fuel efficient, higher revenue/pax). And two, I thought this was EBIDA/cash flow, so this means it is better than NOT sailing, but they aren't making enough to cover interest, depreciation, and other accounting-type costs...

• Thanks 1

Hi, 

Thanks for your informative posts. I am scheduled to board the Celebrity Reflection on Feb. 26, 2022. It is good to hear that they are no longer using the tracelets. I cruised aboard the Celebrity Summit in July 2021 and we were required to wear these. My tracelet kept falling apart and I repeatedly needed to get a replacement at Guest Relations.

Chuck

How were Roatan and Belize City?  Were both ports docked?  Did you go on any excursions at either of these ports?  If so, were they Celebrity excursions, third-party or self-directed?  There is a rumor that one or both of these ports will be substitute ports on the Mar 12 Reflection sailing.

8 hours ago, zonkerbc said:

How were Roatan and Belize City?  Were both ports docked?  Did you go on any excursions at either of these ports?  If so, were they Celebrity excursions, third-party or self-directed?  There is a rumor that one or both of these ports will be substitute ports on the Mar 12 Reflection sailing.

We were on this cruise and did not do a shore excursion in Belize.  However, in Roatan we had a very nice time on a Discover Roatan tour (not sure of exact name of tour).  We went to the Iguana Reserve and another reserve where there were sloths, monkeys and more.  We considered it a very good tour.  It was on a small bus with about 15 people. Everyone wore their masks on the bus.  There were a good number of empty seats.  I was told by guest services the tour bus capacity is limited by regulation for Covid.   It’s just nice break to get off the ship for awhile.  

I would like to say that the staff on the Reflection was absolutely wonderful.  They were so attentive and went out of their way to make the cruise enjoyable.  We had dinner in Laminae every night.  The meals were excellent and the staff was terrific.    Enjoy your trip,   

• Thanks 1