LIVE on Reflection 29 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

We should have been on this cruise, as the one  before, but cancelled due to not interested in wearing a mask on a cruise and because of high cases reported during holiday cruises. Air was another concern. Going on EQ in May whatever the situation is then, tho'! Will enjoy your reports, as always. 

Have a wonderful cruise!

We board in three weeks!  

I curious if you happen to be in the area if they are quarantining on deck 3 (3119 is a cabin in our group) if that cabin area is in the quarantine area….they are curious if they will be relocated.

First off, deck three is closed off so they are using that for passengers and crew if necessary.

Now, onto the report about boarding. It was as fast as I have ever had. If there was a lounge, there was no chance to see it. Show my documents, show them again, show them three times and I was on the ship.

It began to get difficult then. At the third showing of my documents, the check-in lady said that I had been upgraded. Well that’s all well and good, but I am on back to back and had the same room for both cruises. Really not interested in an upgrade unless they will do both of the cruises. So off to guest relations I went immediately on setting foot on the ship.

They will “request “that I stay in the same room on the next cruise. She did check and it is available, but apparently that has to be okayed by your side and of course it being Saturday, who knows how many days that will take. I asked if I could just go back to the room I had been assigned, and Ocean view. She said no, they are trying not to have people in enclosed spaces. And yet that’s the room I’m assigned for the next cruise, so explain that.

Touched up to the new room, no sea pass card. Trudged back to Guest relations, got a card, entered my room, none of the amenities that are supposed to be there were there.  

So I headed to the Captains Club desk where I found out that there is a concierge embarkation  lunch today, although the expected invitation was not in my room.

And where might my suitcase be? It was tagged to go to the original room. I wonder when I’ll find it.

Well I will try not to be a negative Nelly and let you know how things are going on reflection this week.

• Thanks 1

I can only imagine the logistics on the ship side when guests get upgraded and notified while boarding.  Sorry to hear you are having to run around.  But it sounds like you were upgraded to a balcony.  I hope it's in an acceptable location.  I totally understand the reasoning.

I look forward to your reports.  Enjoy the cruise!

I'd be interested in the number of guests onboard once you are underway.

Also, what you wind up doing in the changed ports, other than Nassau.  I think this itinerary includes Belize and Roatan.  

We will be boarding in four weeks.  Currently the sailing still shows Jamaica and GC, but I expect a change, possibly to Roatan and Belize.

Thank you,

Tom

In the midst of confusion, a favorite bartender who has not seen me for over three years just came up to me and greeted me by name. They are not allowed to hug a passenger but his greeting was as warm as a hug. And this is what Celebrity is all about.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We have found when having to change cabins it is quite easy. I know you don't want the disruption but they move your hang ups without packing them. You just need to put your other clothes in the suitcase. 

When we walk back on board after turnaround everything is moved. We have to change cabins on Silhouette in March but it is just right next door. Still a bit of disruption. 

Hope all works out.

Cheers! 

My back-to-back Choice was my favorite cabin on the ship, chosen well over a year ago. This is an example of “when is an upgrade not an upgrade?”  

It also harks back to a question people often ask on these boards “can they move you from one room to another without telling you.” Yes, I had no notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

My back-to-back Choice was my favorite cabin on the ship, chosen well over a year ago. This is an example of “when is an upgrade not an upgrade?”  

It also harks back to a question people often ask on these boards “can they move you from one room to another without telling you.” Yes, I had no notice.

That is a shame, we all have our favorites.  

Still enjoy yourself!

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

First off, deck three is closed off so they are using that for passengers and crew if necessary.

Now, onto the report about boarding. It was as fast as I have ever had. If there was a lounge, there was no chance to see it. Show my documents, show them again, show them three times and I was on the ship.

It began to get difficult then. At the third showing of my documents, the check-in lady said that I had been upgraded. Well that’s all well and good, but I am on back to back and had the same room for both cruises. Really not interested in an upgrade unless they will do both of the cruises. So off to guest relations I went immediately on setting foot on the ship.

They will “request “that I stay in the same room on the next cruise. She did check and it is available, but apparently that has to be okayed by your side and of course it being Saturday, who knows how many days that will take. I asked if I could just go back to the room I had been assigned, and Ocean view. She said no, they are trying not to have people in enclosed spaces. And yet that’s the room I’m assigned for the next cruise, so explain that.

Touched up to the new room, no sea pass card. Trudged back to Guest relations, got a card, entered my room, none of the amenities that are supposed to be there were there.  

So I headed to the Captains Club desk where I found out that there is a concierge embarkation  lunch today, although the expected invitation was not in my room.

And where might my suitcase be? It was tagged to go to the original room. I wonder when I’ll find it.

Well I will try not to be a negative Nelly and let you know how things are going on reflection this week.

Thank you!

Hopefully it works out and you don’t have to change rooms. Looking forward to hearing more about your sailing. Have a wonderful time, despite the slight hiccup on the room upgrade. 

6 hours ago, LidoBoy said:

I can only imagine the logistics on the ship side when guests get upgraded and notified while boarding.  Sorry to hear you are having to run around.  But it sounds like you were upgraded to a balcony.  I hope it's in an acceptable location.  I totally understand the reasoning.

I look forward to your reports.  Enjoy the cruise!

I'd be interested in the number of guests onboard once you are underway.

Also, what you wind up doing in the changed ports, other than Nassau.  I think this itinerary includes Belize and Roatan.  

We will be boarding in four weeks.  Currently the sailing still shows Jamaica and GC, but I expect a change, possibly to Roatan and Belize.

Thank you,

Tom

We are between 1200 and 1300.

Bad weather in the Northeast cause some passengers to miss the ship and I won’t get a final count until tomorrow.

I won’t be able to help with information about the ports because I seldom go ashore and don’t plan to on this cruise

What was your favorite cabin that you originally chose? What makes it your favorite? I always enjoy reading about the different aspects that people look at when they decide on their preferred spot on the ship. I’ll be following this thread as we are on Equinox on Feb 20th and it’s always great especially in these tumultuous times to follow the cruise of a well respected poster such as yourself. Thanks for taking the time to bring us along. 

7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

In the midst of confusion, a favorite bartender who has not seen me for over three years just came up to me and greeted me by name. They are not allowed to hug a passenger but his greeting was as warm as a hug. And this is what Celebrity is all about.

When we started going to Vegas it amazed me that the next time we went there that the BT recognized us and knew our names when they see thousands of people every year.  We became friends with many and went to their houses for parties, dinners and etc.  Some even visited us in Mi Then I started to think about it. I sat at there bar for their whole shift playing VP for 3 to 5 days or more.  This is more time than I spend with many of my close relatives and friends  in a year

It yis the same on a ship.   I could sit at a bar 3 to 4 hours every day and night.  

i attended many seminars and almost all said to listen and pay attention when you are introduced to someone.   Make a mental note for association to remember  their name.  It works.   It is unbelievable the amount of people that I recognize and recall their name.  The only issue is when I haven’t seen them in many years and their bodies changed but even then I can usually tell by their voice.   The human brain is amazing 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

We did a B2B on the Reflection in Mar 2020.  We went from AQ to SS.  The SS was a aft cabin with a large balcony and a large  overhang from the deck above.  It was directly under the Bar.   We were in the Retreat Lounge for our 2nd cruise turnover and given our cabin keys.  I looked at it and it wasn’t the same same cabin.  I wasn’t happy as I wanted the cabin we choose.  The host said that she thinks we will be very happy.   We were move (upgraded) to a Royal Suite.   The person that had it couldn’t sail due to medical issues and because the ship wasn’t sailing at capacity due to the Covid scare they wanted to condense the cabin areas.  We were at the back of the ship and there weren’t many passengers there.   It was fabulous for the 3 days that we got to use it before the cruise was ordered to come back and canceled 

It was the greatest cruise ever.   We got refunded the money plus future cruise credit.   We took some of  the money that was refunded and bought 100 shares of RCCL stock at $39/share.   For us it was fun money as it was already money we planned on spending.  The stock has doubled and we have benefited on the shareholder benefit on 6 cruises so far. 

Celebrity has been great for us. It is the only  cruise line we do today.    If we would have started with them we would have been Zenith.  We have top status in Princess and Carnival ( Yes Carnival.   We had fun on the 20 cruises we took with them,).  The first cruise on Celebrity had us. We were in AQ.    My wife said after the first day that she only wants to sail on Celebrity 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Rayhorn said:

What was your favorite cabin that you originally chose? What makes it your favorite? I always enjoy reading about the different aspects that people look at when they decide on their preferred spot on the ship. 

I like the ocean view cabins in the front, overlooking the bow of the ship. They are far away from everything and force me to walk, which is good for me.

• Like 2