LIVE on Reflection 29 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

3 hours ago, TheGallopingMajor said:

We are sailing on the Silhouette later this month - can you please advise if you are able to disembark at the ports of call.  We are taking our grandchildren also who are under 12 .  Many thanks in advance.

I am currently on reflection, however I was on silhouette on my previous cruise. We did not miss any ports on Sillhouette  and so far the same is true of reflection.

If you are inquiring about which ports require a Celebrity shore excursions and which ports allow you up on your own, you will need to list the ports.  

You should also consult the Celebrity website, where information about each port’s requirements is currently listed and is up-to-date.

Edited by cruisestitch

On 1/31/2022 at 4:58 PM, Jim_Iain said:

That is soooooo cool to see again.   They haven't been publishing the In The Spotlight for quite awhile.    On our last cruise you had to go down about 10 layers on the TV and then right clicks to view each of the  Spotlighted Officers and Staff.

Was this in the Today on boarding.?

FWIW: We had the same in the 1st daily as we boarded Connie in November.

3 hours ago, countess5 said:

I may of missed it but have you been able to inquire as to the expected passenger capacity for next week?

Cheers! 

They generally do not know the number until the day of sailing due to last minute cancelations, positive COVID tests, airline delays, etc.  It is quite a fluid situation.

29 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

They generally do not know the number until the day of sailing due to last minute cancelations, positive COVID tests, airline delays, etc.  It is quite a fluid situation.

Yes, understood. After reading many threads, there is an expected number then what actually shows up. It would be nice to know the starting point going in to get an idea.

Cheers! 

5 minutes ago, countess5 said:

Yes, understood. After reading many threads, there is an expected number then what actually shows up. It would be nice to know the starting point going in to get an idea.

Cheers! 

The last cruise on Reflection reported 841 guests on board.

5 hours ago, countess5 said:

I may of missed it but have you been able to inquire as to the expected passenger capacity for next week?

Cheers! 

This cruise began at around 1400 booked and we have about 990 on board. The next cruise booked pax are under 1500 and there are already many cancellations.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

No information about the next cruise estimates yet.

Thank you, I know it’s a guess. Was just interested. We were on Edge in August/September and we had 1,092. Anything around 50% or less would be great.

Covid test tomorrow and after passing going to get pretty fired up to join you on Saturday! 

Cheers! 

PS Thanks WestLakeGirl for your thoughts too! 

9 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The captain just made an announcement that two guests have tested positive and the staff is in progress of contact tracing people that they might have been near. This was the first announcement of its kind on this cruise and we are on day five.

I'm sorry to hear this, but thanks for sharing. I hope those passengers don't develop serious symptoms, and that no one else was infected.

And this inspired a question: When we were on the Summit in August, each guest was issued a contact tracing bracelet at embarkation. Are they still using those? I don't seem to be seeing them when people post pictures from X ships. 

20 hours ago, hevnsprncs said:

We are sailing on the Reflection 2nd of April, could you inquire with guest relations when they'll be resuming the luggage valet program? Hope you are having a wonderful time.

Please consider joining our April 2 Roll Call.  It is a small group but growing!  See you onboard.

• Like 2

Are the buffets still served by staff, or did they convert back to self serve.  I was really hoping that change was going to be permanent, but am realistic how labour intensive it would be as capacity on the ships increase.  TIA

Edited by wendycook22
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wendycook22 said:

Are the buffets still served by staff, or did they convert back to self serve.  I was really hoping that change was going to be permanent, but am realistic how labour intensive it would be as capacity on the ships increase.  TIA

Buffets are not self serve at this time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2022 at 9:48 PM, helen haywood said:

Thanks for the reply.  I’m very familiar with the S Class but just wondered if a hand washing station might have been added.  

I was recently on the Silhouette.  They did add a hand washing station on one side in the aft of the Ocean View buffet at the beverage station.The two aft beverage stations were closed the entire 10 night cruise but the hand washing sink was available. 

On 2/2/2022 at 12:17 PM, cruisestitch said:

Figuring about 30% of potential occupancy seems to be a good back of the envelope calculation.

The low %’s are awesome, and will continue to be awesome….until they aren’t. IMO, it’s a race - bankruptcy vs. sensible protocols.  Something will ‘give’.

• Like 1