On Riviera Now Jan 28; 2022 to Feb 7

catgirl411

6 hours ago, ToxM said:

As long as the captain gets us there safely I don’t care if I don’t talk to them. CD is there to be the top face of the crew/officers and that’s good enough for me. I will seek out the GM or HM if I have a serious problem, but more often than not to thank them or single out a crew member for praise.

Do we get another thread for the new voyage? Really enjoying reading these - thank you everyone! I promise I will try and do something at least half as good for Sirena’s restart cruise.  

We'll be on Marina on Feb 23rd.  This will be our first cruise on O.  My wife's 60th birthday is on Feb 28th.  We're not "schmoozers" so I agree with your assessment.  We've only cruise Celebrity and those folks are OBSESSED with Capt. Kate.  

We never met the Captain on Riviera in January, but his noon nautical mini-lessons were interesting.  I really don't need to ever meet the Captain but I would contrast the availability of the CD, HD and Exec. Chef on Azamara, which is very helpful to give feedback that can be acted upon immediately.  Oceania is a well-oiled machine, but it does feel more like a machine than Azamara.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 1:59 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Chef Steph held an open preview meeting on the first day of the 1/14 cruise (which was a sea day).  Those who had paid were assigned to a session but had the opportunity to switch to a more convenient time, and also to add an additional session on a different topic.  Those who hadn't signed up before were then allowed to sign up for 2 sessions and waitlist for more.  Everybody got basically what they wanted [although the 'Jacques' sessions were full].  We hadn't signed up ahead and still got Fish, Red Ginger, and World Traveler.

18 minutes ago, Irish Pups said:

Where are they having the sign ups for the demos, it sounds interesting, especially for sea days. Thank you

In the Culinary Center on an early cruise day.  It will be listed in the "Currents" daily program.

BTW, when you quote a post, you need to click below the quoted box before you start typing.  That way you will preserve the quoted text and clearly add your new text outside the quote box.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

In the Culinary Center on an early cruise day.  It will be listed in the "Currents" daily program.

BTW, when you quote a post, you need to click below the quoted box before you start typing.  That way you will preserve the quoted text and clearly add your new text outside the quote box.

Preserve the quoted text lol.

No other way to say it I guess.

10 minutes ago, Nymich said:

I liked the use of the word Preserve. Makes me think what I type is precious lol

What you type is precious!  But more importantly, messing with the stuff inside the quote box makes it appear that the original poster said something other than what they actually said.

PS – I'm a retired Librarian.  Messing with the historical record is a big no-no for me.  When I worked at Columbia University, we were subscribers to the Bolshaya Sovetskaya Entsiklopediya which the USSR was publishing over a long period of time.  Somewhere along the line we got a huge glue-on page with instructions to stick it over a certain page in the 'B' volume – thereby replacing the biography of a now-disgraced Soviet apparatchik with an innocuous article about farm machinery.  Of course we did NOT do that – but it made me very sensitive to the 'rewriting of history.'

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

We never met the Captain on Riviera in January, but his noon nautical mini-lessons were interesting.

He was often found in the Deck 14 Smoking Lounge by Horizons on the 12/13-23/21 cruise, along with many of the senior staff. Sometimes 4-6 of them sitting around tables in the very back of this area.

20 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

What you type is precious!  But more importantly, messing with the stuff inside the quote box makes it appear that the original poster said something other than what they actually said.

PS – I'm a retired Librarian.  Messing with the historical record is a big no-no for me.  When I worked at Columbia University, we were subscribers to the Bolshaya Sovetskaya Entsiklopediya which the USSR was publishing over a long period of time.  Somewhere along the line we got a huge glue-on page with instructions to stick it over a certain page in the 'B' volume – thereby replacing the biography of a now-disgraced Soviet apparatchik with an innocuous article about farm machinery.  Of course we did NOT do that – but it made me very sensitive to the 'rewriting of history.'

In all fairness, especially to people that might be new to CC the quote feature does not work as easily as it did before the upgrade they did a couple of years ago. I've been using CC for 18 years or so and find frequently while quoting someone the cursor jumps into the quoted box, or sometimes erases it all too easily.  This is with the current setup. I can see how someone not used to it can have issues. Just my experience. It could be my wonky HP with Windows 10. 

Then there's that thing where it quotes the whole thread, love that one. 

• Like 1

Just now, ORV said:

In all fairness, especially to people that might be new to CC the quote feature does not work as easily as it did before the upgrade they did a couple of years ago. I've been using CC for 18 years or so and find frequently while quoting someone the cursor jumps into the quoted box, or sometimes erases it all too easily.  This is with the current setup. I can see how someone not used to it can have issues. Just my experience. It could be my wonky HP with Windows 10. 

I agree, but it is what it is.  And you can now click in the middle of a quoted paragraph and it will split it into two [as I just did] so you can comment on the parts separately – I think that is a feature that was added in the new website.

Just now, ORV said:

Then there's that thing where it quotes the whole thread, love that one. 

The only fix for this is to log out, delete your CC cookies, and log back in again.  Come to think of it, I haven't had to do that lately.  [Knock wood...]

I agree, but it is what it is.  And you can now click in the middle of a quoted paragraph and it will split it into two [as I just did] so you can comment on the parts separately – I think that is a feature that was added in the new website.

I think I've got it now. Hey I learned something. 

The only fix for this is to log out, delete your CC cookies, and log back in again.  Come to think of it, I haven't had to do that lately.  [Knock wood...]

Is it a return? A right click?

Ok, I see now, it's a double return. At least for me. 

18 hours ago, Lane412000 said:

Can you tell me if the cooking classes were offered during the cruise?

On the 1/14-1/28 cruise, all of the hands-on courses were converted to demonstrations. Any money paid was returned and the demos were free.  I believe that it was the same on the  1/28 trip.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RonNYNJCT said:

On the 1/14-1/28 cruise, all of the hands-on courses were converted to demonstrations. Any money paid was returned and the demos were free.  I believe that it was the same on the  1/28 trip.  

Yes, it was the same on the 1/28 cruise. 

• Thanks 1