Mardi Gras Parking Anxiety

Cinders411

We have never parked directly at the port before. We always did the hotel/park/cruise packages. We now live in Florida and it is unnecessary. We are sailing on the Mardi Gras and if I am correct that is Terminal 3? Is there also a parking garage right at the terminal building? I realize there are cheaper options but, we want to park right at the port, no shuttle. Do I need to make reservations for the parking garage? I have not sailed since 2019 and will admit I am very anxious about everything. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

There will be signage at the port to tell you which terminal is being used by the Mardi Gras, plus there are workers at the entrance to greet you and make sure you're parking in the right area. Yes, the parking is right there by the terminal building. No reservations necessary.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Relax, take a deep breath. There is no need make reservations for the parking garage. Just arrive as early as possible to get the better parking spots.

Parking for MG was very simple, yes it is Terminal 3. you drive in on ground level and you will be directed where to pull over and unload your luggage and then directed to drive up the ramp and there was  a gentleman there to assist with paying for parking (debit/credit card no cash). And then on around and park. Remember the 3rd floor is where the bridge is that crosses over to the entrance for check-in. Elevators are available on the right hand side for all parking levels.  If still the same they made us line up and were not allowing any one in unless it was your boarding time and were looking at boarding passes to verify

• Thanks 1

We cruised MG back in November and took a hotel shuttle to Pier 3, which is situated away from other cruise ships.  MG is currently the only ship in the Canaveral port that uses liquid natural gas for fuel,  so it docks discretely apart.

The parking garage has multiple levels and is suited to handle the volume of cars expected for any MG sailing.  As others have said, it is best to arrive and depart as early as possible to avoid traffic delays and congestion.

6 minutes ago, evandbob said:

We cruised MG back in November and took a hotel shuttle to Pier 3, which is situated away from other cruise ships.  MG is currently the only ship in the Canaveral port that uses liquid natural gas for fuel,  so it docks discretely apart.

The parking garage has multiple levels and is suited to handle the volume of cars expected for any MG sailing.  As others have said, it is best to arrive and depart as early as possible to avoid traffic delays and congestion.

Our arrival time is not until noon will that be okay for getting a decent parking spot?

The parking garage is very big. Most vehicles from the previous sailing will have already left before you arrived. Try getting a space on Level Three for the short walk over to the terminal. You should be having lunch onboard before 1:00PM.

• Thanks 1

When we sailed on Mardi Gras in December, we parked near the bridge over to the terminal building. But an employee wouldn't let us cross the bridge saying it was for people with disabilities only. Don't know if that's always the case. So, we took the elevator down to the ground floor which is where the check in happens. It's very easy to park there, so you'll be fine. And you'll love Mardi Gras!! When we got back to garage after the cruise, there was a LONG line for the elevator, and we got off the ship early!  We ended up hauling our luggage up the stairs to the third floor. I guess you'll need your patience for that part. Have a great cruise!