Can't get a rapid antigen test within 90 days of testing positive - options?

archer_310

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

according to the SDM website, anyone who has tested positive within the past 90 days is not eligible to take their antigen screening:

Screening is available to anyone who meets the asymptomatic criteria. In order to be screened in the pharmacy you must:

• Be asymptomatic (you have no symptoms of COVID-19)
  • Have not been in contact with someone known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days
  • Have not been advised to quarantine in the last 14 days per the federal quarantine requirements
  • Have not been advised to get tested for COVID-19 through an exposure notification through the COVID-19 app
  • Have not previously tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days

Thanks for posting this. Our son rapid tested positive Sunday morning, the 20th.  He woke with symptoms, and we tested him immediately there after.  My wife and I are still currently rapid testing negative, we are doing the moth/nose swab combo.  He was booked for his booster on Monday, but that didn’t happen. 

From reading what you have shared, it seems as though the three of us could antigen test after the 14 day interval, which would be March 7th or after. We are curious if the two of us have had it asymptotically prior.  It would made the idea of travelling more appealing for us if we have had it even being double dosed and boosted. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

19 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks for posting this. Our son rapid tested positive Sunday morning, the 20th.  He woke with symptoms, and we tested him immediately there after.  My wife and I are still currently rapid testing negative, we are doing the moth/nose swab combo.  He was booked for his booster on Monday, but that didn’t happen. 

From reading what you have shared, it seems as though the three of us could antigen test after the 14 day interval, which would be March 7th or after. We are curious if the two of us have had it asymptotically prior.  It would made the idea of travelling more appealing for us if we have had it even being double dosed and boosted. 

It says that you and your wife could test at SDM after March 7th, but your son would have to wait until after May 20th (ish).  There are places that will do the rapid travel tests without the 90 day restriction, but not Walmart or SDM.  There are also places that will write a note (at the same fee as a rapid test), but I'm not sure how long you have to wait after symptoms.  The note is only useful for flying to the US within 90 days.

Having previously had it without knowing is probably good if you were planning on using the rapid tests to get home, but possibly an issue if you were using the PCR tests.  I don't think there is any substantial data of how long you would test positive on a PCR test with Omicron.

Well wishes to your son.

Edited by CKCruising
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Your link doesn't work, so I can't view what two questions you are speaking about. However, according to the SDM website, anyone who has tested positive within the past 90 days is not eligible to take their antigen screening:

Screening is available to anyone who meets the asymptomatic criteria. In order to be screened in the pharmacy you must:

• Be asymptomatic (you have no symptoms of COVID-19)
  • Have not been in contact with someone known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days
  • Have not been advised to quarantine in the last 14 days per the federal quarantine requirements
  • Have not been advised to get tested for COVID-19 through an exposure notification through the COVID-19 app
  • Have not previously tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days

The question asked is Has the Patient received a COVID-19 positive PCR test in the past 90 days  2022-02-23_12-10-30.png.6e398d2cb697e1206c1537c250e9ba47.png

It is a very specific question as opposed to anyone who has tested positive in the past 90 days.

The second question regards testing positive on at home kit in the last 10 days.

If you have tested positive and did not get a PCR  test and have not tested positive in the last 10 days on an at home kit, you can book an antigen test at SDM.

Edited by truckswain

19 minutes ago, truckswain said:

The question asked is Has the Patient received a COVID-19 positive PCR test in the past 90 days  2022-02-23_12-10-30.png.6e398d2cb697e1206c1537c250e9ba47.png

It is a very specific question as opposed to anyone who has tested positive in the past 90 days.

The second question regards testing positive on at home kit in the last 10 days.

If you have tested positive and did not get a PCR  test and have not tested positive in the last 10 days on an at home kit, you can book an antigen test at SDM.

There's definitely a contradiction between what you are showing and this SDM webpage. You might want to double check with SDM.

135846198_ScreenShot2022-02-24at12_53_56PM.thumb.png.47dd9e666372537ccc7de19e1c220b51.png

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:23 AM, OACAggie said:

Hey @archer_310, what are you going to end up doing? I am in same boat for our March cruise. I did book at SDM as is only place that I could get a time that fit our travel plans, but I would prefer if I did not have to skirt the 90 days issue. We will be about 75 days at that point.

With the changes for boarding re having had Covid, my wife and I managed to get a doctor's note, so we don't need to test.  Our son's pediatrician isn't doing the letters, so we're testing him at Rexall which doesn't have a stipulation about testing positive within 90 days.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm late to the conversation but we scheduled our tests at the local Walmart and two of the specific screening questions were:

"Understands that Rapid Antigen Screening is NOT recommended for individuals who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 90 days"

and

"Understands that Rapid Antigen Screening is NOT recommended for individuals who are fully vaccinated"

See a snip of the form below.

image.thumb.png.5fa4077d205d125450950c1897c947dc.png

When I questioned the pharmacist about this she said that there is a chance that you can test positive in either of the cases above.  I told her that we are fully vaccinated and tested positive about 70 days ago but have tested negative on both antigen and PCR tests since.  She said they are just making you are aware of the possibility.  It is a recommendation (not a requirement) and by checking these boxes you are acknowledging and accepting the risk but they will not refuse to test you.     

They will refuse to test you if you have symptoms, have been exposed in the last 14 days or have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.

Sorry but I must have missed something .....

Why is rapid antigen testing not recommended for fully vaccinated pple? 

Isn't rapid antigen testing what is most common for travel in and out of Canada / US / cruising??  Along with being vaccinated???

Edited by CruisinFinsUp

38 minutes ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Sorry but I must have missed something .....

Why is rapid antigen testing not recommended for fully vaccinated pple? 

Isn't rapid antigen testing what is most common for travel in and out of Canada / US / cruising??  Along with being vaccinated???

Outdated guidelines that both don't take into account the changing use of rapid antigen tests and in some cases conflate them with PCR. 

My answer to questions like this is always the same - when the arbitrary rule or guideline is stupid, just lie. 

Or do an at-home proctored test and avoid the stores altogether. 

Edited by cmich068
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cmich068 said:

Outdated guidelines that both don't take into account the changing use of rapid antigen tests and in some cases conflate them with PCR. 

My answer to questions like this is always the same - when the arbitrary rule or guideline is stupid, just lie. 

Or do an at-home proctored test and avoid the stores altogether. 

Thanks. 

We are boostered, never tested positive, and are finally hoping to cruise next week.  Booked antigen tests at SDM .....    we shall see!!!! 

Hi everyone. I thought I could share my personal experience about this topic.

I tested positive to COVID with a home test on February 6th. I went to a private clinic on February 7th to have a PCR test (so I could come back to Canada without test in the next 180 days).

On February 25 I went to SDM (Pharmaprix here in Quebec) to get an antigen test for my cruise. I lied when they asked me if I had EVER tested positive. 

I used my negative antigen test to board my cruise on RCCL Anthem on February 27.

I came back to Canada on March 6th with my positive result from February 7th.

• Like 2