Feb 19 Reflection Sailing - Port Change

wendycook22

In case anyone is interested.  I just received notification of an itinerary change for our February 19 2021 sailing on the Celebrity Reflection.  As I somewhat expected, San Juan was removed and a Sea Day was substituted. 

image.thumb.png.df67b90c92c77a56d697118d9a8514f3.png

Edited by wendycook22
  • Thanks 1

Why not also post this on your roll call?  BTW, with the current situation, port call substitutions and cancellations are common, and may happen on board as well.  SJ has been a dropped port of call for some time now.  While on a different cruise line, this was announced a couple of weeks prior to our recent December cruise.  We also had another en route cancellation due to issues at that port of call. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Why not also post this on your roll call?  BTW, with the current situation, port call substitutions and cancellations are common, and may happen on board as well.  SJ has been a dropped port of call for some time now.  While on a different cruise line, this was announced a couple of weeks prior to our recent December cruise.  We also had another en route cancellation due to issues at that port of call. 

Yes, it has been posted there.  This was an FYI in the event any cruisers with upcoming sailings on the Reflection was interested in how this port cancellation was handled on our sailing.  

Edited by wendycook22
  • Thanks 2

Just now, wendycook22 said:

Yes, it has bene posted there.  This was an FYI in the event any cruisers with upcoming sailings on the Reflection was interested in how this port cancellation was handled on our sailing.  

Exactly.  I appreciated seeing your post since I have the same itinerary in March.  It's helpful to see what changes have been made to other recent sailings so I can make backup plans.  Of course I know ours could have different changes or no changes at all lol, but I like to be as prepared as possible.

• Like 2

Just now, CruisnDeb said:

Exactly.  I appreciated seeing your post since I have the same itinerary in March.  It's helpful to see what changes have been made to other recent sailings so I can make backup plans.  Of course I know ours could have different changes or no changes at all lol, but I like to be as prepared as possible.

Yes, as do I.  I research extensively and tend to be "over prepared" (hubby's words not mine - lol) .  I like to share any information and pass it along to fellow travelers as I know how much I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Just now, CruisnDeb said:

I have no issue with the OP posting the information here - was just suggesting that it could be posted as well on the roll call.

As we all know, there are ongoing changes and cancellations being made to many itineraries, which will likely continue near term.  Just have to realize that with any booking and either accept it or reschedule.  

• Like 1

We are on the 2/5 sailing and were notified that instead of San Juan we will be stopping at St. Croix.  Other than that, our cruise has the same schedule as yours.  Celebrity may make that change on your sailing as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We are on the 2/5  Reflection and our stop in San Juan was cancelled and replaced with a stop

in St Croix.  

Still waiting to see what they will do on the 2/12 sailing with Grand Cayman and Falmouth.

Thanks to the OP for the information. I also know these things are very fluid, but am watching with interest as our March 19 sailing approaches.

And I have to say that a change to St. Croix would actually make me very happy, because we have a very dear friend who lives there whom we would love to visit. 🙂  And, although we enjoy San Juan, we've been many times. 

Keeping my eyes peeled. 

• Like 1