Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

10 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Until the blue fades back to white. 

Yup, same here.  Looks like the URL or webservice call that is supposed to happen upon button click either isn't happening, or doesn't exist so it can consume it to display.  Yes, testing to make sure things like that work is what I do for a living (not for HA or it would work!).  🙂

-gregma

• Like 7

Yep, my email to HAL IT customer support last Saturday about this issue has been ignored so far, and we leave tomorrow.

So at this point, I'm giving up on the menus. I'll deal with it (or not) after we get onboard..

I don' know about the updated app, but when I was on Eurodam in January, a lot of things didn't appear until embarkation day. It seemed useless, even the day before embarking. Once onboard, I could see my restaurant bookings, tours, etc. Dining room and Lido menus were only available for the current day, but that wasn't an issue for me. 

So maybe Navigator will come to life for you once you're on board. 🤞

10 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Yep, my email to HAL IT customer support last Saturday about this issue has been ignored so far, and we leave tomorrow.

So at this point, I'm giving up on the menus. I'll deal with it (or not) after we get onboard..

At least you can see the menus on the TV on the ship.

BTW - what is the email address for HAL IT "non-support" that you are using.  Maybe if all of us flood them with emails something will get done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KroozNut said:

If you have internet on your cruise and have the inclination, a report on how the App works onboard would be highly appreciated!  I can envision long lines a the Front Desk.......   Have a really great cruise!  Best wishes.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

It is just baffling that HAL who wants us all to use the app can't get their act together and make this app work correctly. 

But I think it does work reasonably successfully onboard, which is it's prime purpose.  Also, when onboard the app itself is not required as your browser is used.

I have just looked at the MDR menu shown on my Navigator App and it is showing the St Patrick's Day specials.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just got off the Eurodam on Tuesday. There were many complaints about how the Navigator app was not working properly. Example…marked in My Itinerary 4:30p Trivia. Navigator sent me a reminder at 7:30p that 4:30p Trivia was about to start. This happened for everything I added to my itinerary and from talking with others I wasn’t the only one this was happening to. Then I kept getting notices that I had messages but when I checked there were only the old messages in the Chat area.

All of this was, of course, when I could get anything to work in my cabin, 4062, on my phone. iPad would work fine in cabin but not phone. I wasn’t alone with this either. Even had someone from Guest Services come to cabin. She couldn’t get phone to work either.

• Thanks 2

Look under "Connect" tab then choose "Let us know" to move to "Feedback."

Just sent my email to ask when menus would be available again.  If HAL support gets several hundred emails, a response might be forthcoming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nw gardener said:

New update for the app, my Android phone can now access menus.  No problems found  (so far 😉) with the newest version. 

Looks like HAL got our emails about the menus.  Just updated the app on my Android phone and menus are back!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...