Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

Is anyone having problems logging into the app today? It was working fine this morning but now keeps saying "There was a problem connecting to the network. Please try again later."

I've cleared data and cache, uninstalled and reinstalled...

Edited by fatpig

My Navigator says there is a problem connecting to the network.  Try again later. Well I did and later didn't work either,  I will be on the Zaandam on 5/6, Wonder if that matters.

• Like 1

I'm not having any problem getting into the app, but I have been getting this annoying message lately when trying to click on dining venues and sample menus - "oops, page not found" with a button to return to the home page. 😐

38 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I'm not having any problem getting into the app, but I have been getting this annoying message lately when trying to click on dining venues and sample menus - "oops, page not found" with a button to return to the home page. 😐

I just tried and got the menu no problem.  (I have an iPhone) 

Edited by canadianbear

On 3/9/2023 at 10:17 AM, VMax1700 said:

Currently my Android (Samsung) phone is showing version 4.15

I went to the Play Store and when I look for the Navigator App it tells me 'this App won't work for your device'. I am currently at Android version 8 on a 7 year old Samsung S7 edge. 

recently upgraded phone to S21FE and Navigator has updated to 4.26.0

• Like 1

FYI…the email is navigator.support@hollandamerica.com

not that you’ll ever get a reply. I sent an email months ago and they’ve never replied.

And, the last five reviews in the Google Play Store are all one star with everyone complaining that the app is the worst. They are not wrong.

2 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Yes, I've come to the conclusion the the app is essentially useless.

Would some what agree. I would give it 1-2 stars pre-cruise and upgrade to 4 star once on board.

Not much use prior to cruise except for boarding pass. Most other things were not useable.

Once shipboard I found it useful as most things worked fine. Able to see dinning menus, statement, and excursions booked. Was able add things from the events schedule to my daiy schedule, the reminders we got were helpful. On menus it seemed the did not update the dinner meal till around noon, but breakfast and lunch were done when I checked early morning.

• Like 2

We are having issues uploading our pics.  My DW is getting the dreaded cannot connect and logon.  I've even deleted the app and tried reinstalling it and still the problem exists.

It's difficult to have confidence in the app.  We just printed copies of our Boarding Pass because we lack confidence with the app.

11 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

We are having issues uploading our pics.  My DW is getting the dreaded cannot connect and logon.  I've even deleted the app and tried reinstalling it and still the problem exists.

It's difficult to have confidence in the app.  We just printed copies of our Boarding Pass because we lack confidence with the app.

I’m having the same problem.  I was tired of getting notifications that I had a dinner reservation tonight so I thought I’d delete it a add it back.  I haven’t been able to log in since and that was a couple days ago.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m having the same problem.  I was tired of getting notifications that I had a dinner reservation tonight so I thought I’d delete it a add it back.  I haven’t been able to log in since and that was a couple days ago.

Perhaps it's a Canadian thing?  😆  We are still having problems today.  My DW tried logging out and hasn't been able to log back in for several days.  On my device it opens to the start page but the circle of death is there.  The problem seems to have happened after the app was updated to upload pics.  I just tried downloading and installing it to my iPad and cannot log in and still receiving the "can't connect to the network" error.

• Like 1

We began trying to register on the app yesterday.  Total frustration, on both phones.  Were able to get just so far, then the process just stopped.  Does this sound like a common problem (I haven't read all the previous pages of comments.)  Can we just get our TA to print our boarding pass, if she is able to do that?  Do we really have to have the Navigator app???

1 hour ago, beach spring said:

Can we just get our TA to print our boarding pass, if she is able to do that?  Do we really have to have the Navigator app???

If your TA is willing to print your boarding pass, and send it to you, that is all you need. My former TA used to do that for me all the time. 
No, you don't 'need' the Navigator app. It may or may not be nice to have, but there is a work-around for everything it does. Not everyone has a smart phone, and they are still able to cruise.
I don't use it, and won't use it. 

1 hour ago, beach spring said:

We began trying to register on the app yesterday.  Total frustration, on both phones.  Were able to get just so far, then the process just stopped.  Does this sound like a common problem (I haven't read all the previous pages of comments.)  Can we just get our TA to print our boarding pass, if she is able to do that?  Do we really have to have the Navigator app???

Do you actually need a printed boarding pass - can't you just show it on your phone? We travel prior to cruises and I can't be bothered trying to get boarding passes printed at hotels anymore. 

2 hours ago, beach spring said:

We've printed the boarding pass - but only the first 2 pages as it is on page 2 that the bar code is placed.  For us, it will be easier to hold up a piece of paper than to constantly open a phone and then an app to find the barcode.  

This is another example of where expensive technology has not provided any noticeable improvement over a single sheet of paper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbr663 said:

We've printed the boarding pass - but only the first 2 pages as it is on page 2 that the bar code is placed.  For us, it will be easier to hold up a piece of paper than to constantly open a phone and then an app to find the barcode.  

This is another example of where expensive technology has not provided any noticeable improvement over a single sheet of paper.

Thank you. That is just one more thing I don't want to juggle. Paper, easy. I go on my desktop computer for all this.

• Like 1

For anyone wanting to print off their boarding pass please remember that your boarding pass must contain the bar code on page 2.  When I originally completed the online checkin I received a Preliminary Boarding Pass and that Boarding Pass does not have a bar code.

To obtain your Boarding Pass with a bar code you will need to log in to Check In Online on HAL's site again.  Once there under Step 2:  Check In For Your Cruise select All Guests and then select Continue.  

On the next page you should see green check marks on the following tabs across the top of the page:  Guest Info, Passport, Flights, Contacts, Account, Contract.  The last tab Docs won't have a green check mark.  Simply select the Docs tab and a new page will open that will allow you to print the boarding pass and luggage tags for each guest.  Select Boarding Pass under each guest's name and you will download an updated Boarding Pass with the bar code now on Page 2.

Page 2 of the Express Docs is your actual Boarding Pass.  I simply printed Pages 1 - 2 double sided so I still have one sheet of paper.  The paper can easily be folded to make it easy to present for scanning.  You should be able to simply print Page 2 if you like.

As at this point you have downloaded the Boarding Pass, I moved a copy of it to my iCloud account where I have a shared Cruise Folder where I have pdfs of all the docs that we need.  I have it as a backup and it is relatively easy to open it on my phone and on Page 2 the bar code can easily be scanned if needed. 

It really depends on what is easy for you and how you work with your devices.  I am boarding in Vancouver and I have read several posters state that you will be asked to present your boarding pass bar code multiple times through the boarding process.  One piece of paper in my hand will be easier for me than having to go through multiple steps to open it on my phone.

I’ve been having trouble with the Navigator app for 2 days now. We board Nieuw Statendam in Amsterdam on Sunday. Grr! I’ve never had any trouble with the app in the past. 

I tried logging out and back in. It didn’t work. I deleted it then reinstalled it. I’ve turned my iPhone off and back on several times. I sure hope they fix the problem soon.

Edited by Taters

On 3/22/2023 at 3:32 PM, ShipWalker said:

Version 4.24.1 is now available for both iphones and Androids.

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

As of May 9, it shows 4.26.0; I'm using Android device.

I am always only able to see current day menu. Was on Eurodam last week (April  29 - May 6) and it was that way.

Some features only work onboard; designed that way, doesn't mean it's not working/broke, just means it's functioning as designed although we may not like it.

Don't like being tied to phone while on vacation but it (and TV) is great for being aware of ships time.

Screenshot_20230509-222225_Navigator.jpg

2 hours ago, cbr663 said:

It really depends on what is easy for you and how you work with your devices.  I am boarding in Vancouver and I have read several posters state that you will be asked to present your boarding pass bar code multiple times through the boarding process.  One piece of paper in my hand will be easier for me than having to go through multiple steps to open it on my phone.

It's not multiple steps to open my phone - its my thumb opening the device. If I don't have internet then I will have the barcode in my photos. If I do have access, I'll have already have opened the app and have it ready - its not like I won't have queued somewhere before.  What does my head in is people fumbling with their phone and trying to find the app - when they've just had 20 min in line to do all that! 

I will print paper if I'm leaving from home - but that's rarely the case as we usually have to fly long-haul . We leave home 6 days prior to our next cruise - last year i we'd been away for 2 months prior to our second cruise. 

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Don't like being tied to phone while on vacation but it (and TV) is great for being aware of ships time.

Does that work even if you are on shore  on an excursion connected to local cellular service? ie your phone may have a different time than ship's time. 

Edited by lissie