Can you tell me more about Chankanaab?

jbrinkm

Has anyone been here recently that could tell me about it? I'm wondering if there is a schedule of shows, or things to do that don't cost extra once you are there. We'll have snorkeling gear, and are planning to snorkel, but what else is there to do? We also won't need food. Is it worth just walking around at the park? 

Have not been recently but pre-virus Chank offered a small beach, pool, separate snorkel area, sea lions and other shows, plus some nature trails.  Admission fee was about $20 per adult.

If you just want to snorkel from the shore and enjoy good drinks check out the Money Bar.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:54 AM, JohninDC said:

Have not been recently but pre-virus Chank offered a small beach, pool, separate snorkel area, sea lions and other shows, plus some nature trails.  Admission fee was about $20 per adult. If you just want to snorkel from the shore and enjoy good drinks check out the Money Bar.

We booked a Cabana at the southern end (Money Bar was our 2nd choice) so we'll spend most of our time in the cabana and/or snorkeling - either somewhere in the Park or down by the cabana end. We got discounted tickets and snorkel gear and a fruit plate along with the Cabana. In fact the discount almost paid for the Cabana as admission is now $26 or $18(kids). I'm just wondering what we would actually do in the park? Maybe the teens would like the pool, and I think we'd all enjoy an animal show or two. Do you know how often they do the animal shows?

• 7 months later...
On 2/3/2022 at 4:15 PM, jbrinkm said:

We booked a Cabana at the southern end (Money Bar was our 2nd choice) so we'll spend most of our time in the cabana and/or snorkeling - either somewhere in the Park or down by the cabana end. We got discounted tickets and snorkel gear and a fruit plate along with the Cabana. In fact the discount almost paid for the Cabana as admission is now $26 or $18(kids). I'm just wondering what we would actually do in the park? Maybe the teens would like the pool, and I think we'd all enjoy an animal show or two. Do you know how often they do the animal shows?

how did you book your cabana? I see it described on website, but did not see a place to actually book. I found massage packages, etc but no cabana

43 minutes ago, rtrtx2 said:

how did you book your cabana? I see it described on website, but did not see a place to actually book. I found massage packages, etc but no cabana

You book directly from this site.

https://thecabanabeach.com/book-now/

i think they are sub-contractors. Fees are rising again but no where near their initial price.

Edited by c-leg5

It's a big place with very little shade when moving around, especially if you're coming from the far end of the cabanas (we had #2). We were there on a sunny day in April and it was HOT. We ended up not really even spending much time at Chankanaab, just a quick walk through the Mayan area, BUT I also popped over to Paradise Beach for a bit in the morning with the kids to do the inflatables (hubby stayed at Cabana because he had to be on a work call 😞 ). If you want the Cabana and plan to spend a good chunk of your day in Chankanaab, I'd recommend booking a Cabana near the border line - the higher numbers - for closer access, but we found the Cabanas to be a great place to hang out even without the park, especially if your main goal is sitting on the beach and doing some snorkeling. 

Edited by jbrinkm
tried to fix strange formatting