Upgrade offer

azjim66

Found an upgrade offer in my planner for our upcoming Panorama cruise on 2/19. A spa balcony 14218  for $398.  We currently have an interior with a walkway view 6201. Almost $400 seems like alot. Debating this

I had a balcony booked on Radiance over spring break. They offered me an Ocean Suite for $304, or a Grand Suite for $480. I took the OS offer. We took the same offer on our last cruise, and the extra room with the Ocean Suite was pretty nice.

• Like 1

I also received an upsell on my 2/19 sailing. An inside to Havana aft-facing, which I would have taken in a heartbeat...had I not been sailing with my 8 year old son. 🙄

Not sure what the point of that offer was. To make me feel bad, lol? 😆

We also received an "upgrade" offer.  We are in an interior on lido.  The upgrade is for deck 9 in a balcony for $272.  We just really like interior as well as being on at least lido deck.  The price difference isn't bad.  But the "upgrade" is below the lido and I would be afraid that would not be a pleasant area!

Anyway I personally think an "upgrade" is something that you would find worth the additional cost!  If you are happy in your current stateroom I'd save my money and spend it elsewhere!

happy cruising!

Ours is a 7 day cruise and we decided to take the "Upsell" to the Havana aft extended balcony.  We got a great deal with OBC originally so this was a no Brainer  for us.  We usually get a balcony  but we had a an inside on deck 6 (6201)with a walkway view to the secret deck. It looked like a cool spot but this was too good of an opportunity to try the Havana thing and an aft balcony.  A little over two weeks away and can't get here fast enough!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mumofsons said:

When do they put these upsells on your planner? Do you get some kind of message from Carnival?

They are on your planner or you get an email.  However, the offers disappear as soon as others take them.  The offers are usually based on your original booked stateroom.  It is never based on your VIFP status, what you added as a "celebration" or how nice you are, the offers go to people who are in staterooms they need or want to resell.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mumofsons said:

When do they put these upsells on your planner? Do you get some kind of message from Carnival?

We've received an upsell offer so late, they called me up while we were at the airport waiting for the flight the day before our sailing.