Carnival cancelled my paid in full cruise

GOIN2C

D H and I booked Carnival Sunshine on 01/24/2022.  We are paid in full, prepaid gratuities and bought insurance through CCL.  We are booked in balcony.

I did the vaccination info online. We are fully vaccinated and boostered   , also, we have sailed twice this past fall on Mardi Gras and Horizon.  

Yesterday I received an email saying we are not eligible to cruise as we will not be fully vaccinated 14 days before out cruise!!!
We were cancelled.  our cruise is not on our profile and our booked room is back on available staterooms 

we have cruised CCL many times and are Platinum.  
I have called and am waiting over half hour to talk to someone

What the heck, Carnival…..

Edited by GOIN2C
  • Like 1

• GOIN2C changed the title to Carnival cancelled my paid in full cruise

No.  I received the following letter.  I have sailed two cruises this fall  DH and I are fully vaccinated and boostered.  The vaccine info was submitted prior to them deleting my cruise. we never applied for exemption.  This it

s totally Carnivals error.  On hold  with CCL 

now for 90 minutes trying to rectify

open.aspx?ffcb10-fec717707d65027b-fe3415
To view this email as a web page, go  here.
View Online
http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/60bffcb2-0550-4c34-9717-ae4801c365f8.jpg
UPDATE ON YOUR EXEMPTION REQUEST

BOOKING NUMBER: T01KZ2
SHIP: CARNIVAL SUNSHINE  
SAIL DATE: 02/19/2022

Dear Carnival Guest:

Thank you for your patience while we processed all bookings that required a vaccination exemption for your sailing.  

We have received a vaccine attestation and/or exemption request that indicates that either you, or a member of your traveling party, will not be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to sailing. As you know, exemptions are very limited and capacity-controlled based on the total number of vaccinated guests projected to be on your sailing.   Unfortunately, we have reached our limit and are not able to clear your booking to sail.  We sincerely apologize for this disappointing news. The reservation for all guests booked in your stateroom will be cancelled and a full refund will be processed to your original form of payment. 

We remain optimistic that requirements for cruising from the U.S. will continue to evolve and our approach to future sailings will become more flexible.  We hope you will consider rescheduling your cruise as we have ship itineraries open through 2024. To reschedule, please contact 1-800-CARNIVAL, your Personal Vacation Planner or your Travel Advisor. 

All of us at Carnival appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you aboard in the future.

Sincerely,

Arlene Brown
Senior Director, Guest Care

http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/8f151793-2154-433e-91fb-766729f720e1.jpg 6b6378aa-5066-468d-91d4-12f52536e6fd.png   http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/5ec19a3a-e023-49b4-8bba-3c25c00e97a3.jpg   3b0c2da9-287a-483f-9cbd-224d6dc68704.png   8834bdee-8325-4c56-956d-1a0288cfe89d.png http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/eb3528b1-1004-436d-b4c2-c652d7f3c4cb.jpg http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/b9080fa5-6a9f-4e78-864e-3ac2e3570359.jpg

Contact Us  •  About Us  •  Privacy Notice  •  Unsubscribe

I speculate someone messed up on the vaccination dates versus the booking date.  14 days before a 2/19 cruise is 2/4, which is this coming Friday, 2/4.  Booking was made on 1/24 which made 2/4  only 12 days after booking date.

Hopefully OP gets this straightened out,  With 2 prior cruises in 2021 the vaccinate date should be well before the booking date.

• Like 1

Yesterday someone reported it was nearly 4 hours on the phone to receive a refund.

1 hour ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Perhaps a date, entered incorrectly, triggered the cancellation. That could happen easily, as it’s all online.

This is likely, perhaps the 2nd dose date and booster dose date got transposed or something similar which automatically triggered the unvaxed status, cancelled the cruise and sent out the canned cancellation due to being unvaxed letter.

OP because your cruise was cancelled I wonder if you can start over and book with a PVP then have that PVP straighten out this mess and get everything transferred t you new booking?

Not sure if that can be done but if so it would make it easier to communicate with Carnival.

• Like 2

I have a sailing last month, here are my options, no dates required.  Regardless if the OP accidently selected "no" or if it was a CCL glitch (you'd imagine if there was a glitch many more disappointed cruisers would post here) it was coded as a "no".

Disclaimer, the screenshot below was from Feb 2nd, it may have been different before and may be different in the future.

image.png.e2e0740833bfbbaa9967a430bc7b8d5c.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 1

After almost 4 hours on the phone, and at least 5 employees, I got it straightened outMy room was already sold  but was given a bit of upgrade

i was fine with all of my vaxes.   It was totally Carnivals misdoing.

it’s such a shame to be having theses issues 

I hope Carnival gets things straightened out without losing good customers.

Edited by GOIN2C
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, GOIN2C said:

After almost 4 hours on the phone, and at least 5 employees, I got it straightened outMy room was already sold  but was given a bit of upgrade

i was fine with all of my vaxes.   It was totally Carnivals misdoing.

it’s such a shame to be having theses issues 

I hope Carnival gets things straightened out without losing good customers.

Glad to hear this all worked out for you. It IS a shame to be having these issues. Enjoy your (slight) upgrade and happy cruising!

• Like 5