Proof of Vaccination

Sunchaser46

7 minutes ago, Sunchaser46 said:

Can anyone tell me if you had to provide a paper copy of your proof of vaccination to board a ship, or is the QR code on my services card app (B.C.) enough? Asking specifically for my upcoming Holland America cruise in March.

I used my paper copies, so unfortunately I can't comment on that situation.  I do have them on my phone, but brought paper copies just in case something happened with/to my phone. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sunchaser46 said:

Can anyone tell me if you had to provide a paper copy of your proof of vaccination to board a ship, or is the QR code on my services card app (B.C.) enough? Asking specifically for my upcoming Holland America cruise in March.

Paper copy. 

Same question was asked yesterday:

You can check the other thread mentioned for sure.  We boarded a RCCL sailing on Jan 20 and we were happy we had paper copies.  Since they aren't vax cards as most states have they were closely looked at.  Having the paper copies made that much easier.

You DO NOT have to have a paper copy of ANY of your documents.(except passport)

I have traveled by air from Canada to the Dominican Republic twice and then from Canada to New Orleans through Atlanta then boarded the NCL Breakaway in January/22 since having my full series of Covid vaccines, and the electronic version of every required document was accepted.

I don't even carry the paper versions, and no one ever asked to see them.

Most other travelers were also using their phones to show all of their documents.

1 hour ago, nurskerri said:

I have traveled by air from Canada to the Dominican Republic twice and then from Canada to New Orleans through Atlanta then boarded the NCL Breakaway in January/22 since having my full series of Covid vaccines, and the electronic version of every required document was accepted.

I don't even carry the paper versions, and no one ever asked to see them.

Most other travelers were also using their phones to show all of their documents.

NCL may be an exception. There have been several posts by passengers who have tried to use app-based proof but were refused board until they pulled out their paper documentation. Hopefully NCL's approach will be adopted by other lines in due course.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nurskerri said:

This is debatable. What is not is the fact that if one misplaces, has stolen, or finds inoperable the electronic device used to present proof, paper backup copies greatly simplify recovery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broberts said:

This is debatable. What is not is the fact that if one misplaces, has stolen, or finds inoperable the electronic device used to present proof, paper backup copies greatly simplify recovery.

Not to mention the fact that a single sheet of letter size paper is so easy to tuck in your carry on bag, just in case.

• Like 1

When I got my booster the pharmacy tech was on the phone when I left.  I just waved good bye and literally didn't even think about not having a hard copy.  I did call them and ask if they could mail it to me about 2 or 3 weeks ago still waiting.

Its on my Vaccine passport and the Federal vaccine document with QR code, so far not required but if it doesn't come this week I'll see about picking up a hard copy. I have screen shots and paper copies and the hard copy from the first two just not the booster.  Hoping it won't be an issue for my upcoming cruises.

If you log into your BC Services app you can download the full version of your vaccine status. it is what they call an international version. I have it set downloaded  to my phone and printed just in case.  The regular green version QR code only will not work. 

It never hurts to have a paper copy as others have said they don't take up any space. It would be a shame to get to the dock for check in & find out you don't have the required paper work. 

• Like 1