Poor customer service Re: lost items

Hello!  Maybe one of you has a suggestion.  Sailed on Explorer in December.  Disembarked on the 26th-within an hour discovered I left my IPAD in the room.  I was told to call CHARGERBACK (RCCL’s official lost and found dept) this was a $40 call , they immediately emailed a claim form to complete and return.  I did.

That same day, I received an email advising item was found! Yay!  They requested a CC for $39.99 for fed ex postage to return item to me.  I received an email indicating receipt of payment and a tracking #.

it is now 30 plus days, and I don’t have it. We have called and spoken to several reps who have nothing but ask for our booking number and incident#.

Is this how RCCL treats loyal customers, almost diamond plus, shareholders????

I do not know how to reach a reliable representative, do you? 

I am hoping RCCL sees this and responds appropriately!

@Floridamarie If you received a tracking number the issue is 1)they created the label but didn't actually ship it or 2) that this is now a FedEx issue. If you use FedEx tracking and under details it says "shipping label created"...That means it was never actually picked up by a driver or dropped off at a location.

"That same day, I received an email advising item was found! Yay!  They requested a CC for $39.99 for fed ex postage to return item to me.  I received an email indicating receipt of payment and a tracking #."

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Floridamarie said:

this was a $40 call

What do you mean by this?  Was it a 900 number?  Do you pay for long distance charges?  Chargerback is located in Nevada.  Where are you located?

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

According to the customer service.  They have record of the item and it has been assigned an incidence #.  They will tell you that while have it, they don’t know where it is.  We’ve talked to:

Ford

Xian

Fed ex does not have it in their possession 

you can see, we have gotten nowhere, and RCCL has not stepped up beyond letting us talk to customer service.  

1 hour ago, Floridamarie said:

Hello!  Maybe one of you has a suggestion.  Sailed on Explorer in December.  Disembarked on the 26th-within an hour discovered I left my IPAD in the room.  I was told to call CHARGERBACK (RCCL’s official lost and found dept) this was a $40 call , they immediately emailed a claim form to complete and return.  I did.

That same day, I received an email advising item was found! Yay!  They requested a CC for $39.99 for fed ex postage to return item to me.  I received an email indicating receipt of payment and a tracking #.

it is now 30 plus days, and I don’t have it. We have called and spoken to several reps who have nothing but ask for our booking number and incident#.

Your C&A almost tier level (🤣) and being a shareholder has absolutely nothing to do with your item you forgot getting more attention that you forgot to take with you. Since you have a FedEx tracking number it's between you and FedEx and they could care less about your C&A tier level. RC did their part in getting your item back to you. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

You should call Fedex if you have a tracking number.  If they tell you today that they have not received the package, then try Royal again. But things are crazy these days especially in shipping and travel. We are still getting packages from stuff ordered in Novemebr for Christmas.  

• Like 1

Have you tried the "Find My" app that is on Apple products? Also, make sure to mark as lost on the app. It sounds unfortunate; however, you may be able to file a police report. If you have proof (as you mention you do) that RCCL/Chargeback admitted to having possession and now can't find it...That may help with any insurance you have on the iPad to get replaced. I hope you backed up your data to iCloud or another storage option.

15 minutes ago, Floridamarie said:

According to the customer service.  They have record of the item and it has been assigned an incidence #.  They will tell you that while have it, they don’t know where it is.  We’ve talked to:

Ford

Xian

Fed ex does not have it in their possession 

you can see, we have gotten nowhere, and RCCL has not stepped up beyond letting us talk to customer service.  

I'm confused...are you talking to RCCL's customer service, or Chargerback's customer service?

So, I was curious about Chargerback and how it works. This link appears to say that the label was printed by RCCL. "When the shipping label gets printed by the venue where you left your item(s), you will receive an email notifying you your item will soon be on its way. This email will include a tracking number. If you do not receive a tracking number within 48 hours of filing your report, we recommend you contact their Lost and Found Department." "The tracking process will not start until the item has been picked up and scanned by the carrier (USPS, FedEx, etc.). Once it has been scanned, the tracking number will be active. If your tracking number is not active within 24 hours on a weekday, or on a Monday after a weekend, we recommend you contact the Lost and Found Department at the venue where you left your item."

Interesting concept to outsource this to a 3rd party. Seems if you are unable to get a tracking history past "label created" you are still in the hands of RCCL.

• Like 1

We are trying to help you.  To do so, you need to answer our specific questions.  FedEX says “they do not have it in their possession”. Does the tracking history for your tracking number show that a label was created?  What other tracking history shows for that tracking number?  Are you speaking to customer service at Chargerback or FedEx?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

So, I was curious about Chargerback and how it works. This link appears to say that the label was printed by RCCL. "When the shipping label gets printed by the venue where you left your item(s), you will receive an email notifying you your item will soon be on its way. This email will include a tracking number. If you do not receive a tracking number within 48 hours of filing your report, we recommend you contact their Lost and Found Department." "The tracking process will not start until the item has been picked up and scanned by the carrier (USPS, FedEx, etc.). Once it has been scanned, the tracking number will be active. If your tracking number is not active within 24 hours on a weekday, or on a Monday after a weekend, we recommend you contact the Lost and Found Department at the venue where you left your item."

Interesting concept to outsource this to a 3rd party. Seems if you are unable to get a tracking history past "label created" you are still in the hands of RCCL.

That multiple companies utilize this third party is interesting.  Perhaps the third party provides reporting forms and software that (theoretically) facilitates matching clients with the found items more efficiently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Floridamarie said:

I confused on the $40.00 call.  Your name indicates you are from Florida.

Diamond plus, is only for getting free drinks, not for lost and found.  They don't care about your status. A shareholder is a person that wants to make money in years of profit.  .

In a nutshell, you lost the the item, you somehow was charged by your phone company $40.00.  They took you shipping claim, assigned a number, and charged you for shipping.  But no package.  So all you need is to call (another $40 call?) and have them trace your issue.  My guess is that your item was not found, and therefore, ask for a refund of your shipping, and just accept that you lost it

Many hotels use this company to ship back lost and found items.  It saves their staff time and hassle to have to obtain shipping information, create the shipment, and send things out.

chargerback does not charge for phone calls.  The only charge is when you enter your CC to pay for shipping charges.  Depending on where you are, yes, it can cost $40 for shipping.

Perhaps the OP has tracked the package and realized that FedEx has it and it’s not Royal’s fault after all.

I’m sorry I have no idea what OP is.  I also do not understand what vital info you need that I have not revealed  Rccl charged for the phone call (we were at PR) airport and we were advised that to get the claim form it would take a phone call to rccl to report the lost item, from that call a claim form would be generated.  Frankly $40 to get my iPad back would be well worth.  

I made the point that I received an email that THEY HAVE MY ITEM.  BTW, it’s been 30+days, location no longer shows up.  

I appreciate your help, frankly, it is interesting that Rccl does not appear more transparent to their customers.  Instead they hide behind a call center that has no ability to escalate the issue .  As a company I would be embarrassed that our policy sends me in an endless circle.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

Many hotels use this company to ship back lost and found items.  It saves their staff time and hassle to have to obtain shipping information, create the shipment, and send things out.

chargerback does not charge for phone calls.  The only charge is when you enter your CC to pay for shipping charges.  Depending on where you are, yes, it can cost $40 for shipping.

Perhaps the OP has tracked the package and realized that FedEx has it and it’s not Royal’s fault after all.

Agree, service was used once. Had a large Stuffed Animal left at Hotel, my Daughters. She received it as Baby from her Mother before she passed. Took it everywhere we Traveled, Cruises, Hotels and even in for couple minor Surgeries. With 40yrs traveling never one to leave anything in Hotel or on Cruise, except this once. Took 8wks but got it back, paid for by the Hotel

• Like 5