CALL FROM OCEANIA AFTER BOOKING THROUGH AGENT?

Faival

We have just booked  an Oceania cruise through a UK agent.  Today I received a phone call from Oceania in Southampton enquiring if they can be of any help. It was not convenient to take the call at the time and we are now wondering if this is normal. 

Before I got my profile in their systems set up correctly, every time I would save an itinerary on the website, I would get a phone call or an email from an O or Regent agent. Now they know to leave me alone (and not waste their time).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Telling them once was not enough. 

depends on the person you get

When I put a cruise to look at later  someone called

I told her I have a very good agent  & she I guess looked at my file  & said "Oh Yes   I see  that now sorry to have bothered you"

Have had no problems since  & that was a few years ago

They may stop calling you and emailing but the amount of catalogues sent has been mind boggling. Such a terrible waste of resources and finances. I have already booked a cruise with Oceania and will book another down the road. But, do not need all of this  clutter.

22 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

They may stop calling you and emailing but the amount of catalogues sent has been mind boggling. Such a terrible waste of resources and finances. I have already booked a cruise with Oceania and will book another down the road. But, do not need all of this  clutter.

Hey, it keeps those Gulf Coast paper mill employees working!  😉

We started receiving the brochures many years ago, never sure how they started. We believe someone (relative) gave out our name and address. It seemed like we got a different one every 2 weeks and it became a joke. We never really considered sailing with them, but decided to take a chance on a Bermuda cruise. We were instantly hooked, and booked 4 more cruises while onboard our last cruise. We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise in March as the other 3 were cancelled.

Back to the brochures, we now have a use for them. When we see cruises listed that we are interested in, we tear out the page. We will be taking these on our next cruise as reminders, and comparing any "special" pricing available with onboard booking.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Ask your TA to request they stop mailing them  ..it worked for me