Which ships are best for Yacht Club?

hiccups

Apologies if this has been covered before--I did a search but couldn't find this topic specifically.  We haven't sailed on MSC yet, but have heard great things about Yacht Club.  I realized our status match will expire in the coming year, so thought perhaps it's time to consider a booking.

In Yacht Club threads I've read in the past, some posters prefer YC on certain ships compared to others (I assume possibly the newer ships).  Which ships would be recommended?

We usually sail in a balcony cabin, so if there are ships where balconies and suites are also a good option, we'd consider that, too.  I just find MSC's booking choices a little confusing, and thought YC might be worth the splurge based on the reviews.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

We sailed Davina in YC, can not recommend enough! The service was fantastic. Staff throughout the ship was super. We had a fantastic time!!

We always sailed NCL before, now sold with MSC YC. Cabins very roomy, lounge perfect for the night cap and snack.

We enjoyed Le Muse at aft, the food was so good, needed the after dinner walk. :))

Had to postpone our Feb 6th cruise but have rebooked on the Meraviglia for next Feb. We are completely sold on the MSC YC in every aspect - no complaints.  Quite certain you will enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have only done YC on Grandiosa in Europe. We are finding out now from reviews and comments that we did not get the full experience because they didn't do a lot of things that other people got, but I would still recommend it to anyone. Point being: even a less than stellar YC experience is worth it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hiccups said:

In Yacht Club threads I've read in the past, some posters prefer YC on certain ships compared to others (I assume possibly the newer ships).  Which ships would be recommended?

In terms of service and quality, all ships offer the same exquisite experience in Yacht Club. That said, having sailed 25 nights in Nov/Dec past on Seaview, there is no doubt that staff morale is currently low because of Covid restrictions. Crew cannot go off the ship, are continually masked and under strict protocols.....it was still a fantastic experience, and didn't affect our enjoyment in any way, but be aware of this fact!

The YC enclave is extensive on every ship with YC, but varies as follows:

• Style 1 - On Divina, Preziosa and (I think) Splendida the YC restaurant is fully aft so a walk is required. Everything else is in the enclave which is forward.
  • Style 2 - On Meraviglia and Bellisima, maybe a couple of others the YC restaurant and lounge are entirely separate one deck apart.
  • Style 3 - On the newest ships i.e. all the Seaxxxxxx names, there is a magnificent staircase linking the restaurant and lounge. This makes for a much airier lounge experience where you can see down into the most forward area of the lounge and hear any musical accompaniments in the lounge. A by product, for those who love people watching, you get to see what is being worn by others as they flounce up the staircase for dinner in the evening....my wife is a people watcher, and loved that!

I am unsure where Virtuosa and Grandiosa YC sits in terms of those 3 different layouts. It is either style 2 or 3 and I'd guess (possibly wrongly) it's style 3.

No matter which, I would not hesitate to recommend YC on any ship. Obviously if mobility is an issue it's best to avoid style 1 as no one wants to arrive out of breath or somewhat disorientated at their restaurant having undergone a longish walk and detour (in inclement weather) between a few decks.

• Thanks 1

Some people rally dislike the walk aft to the Divina restaurant. Personally I think it is good to 1) add a few steps and 2) get out of the lovely YC bubble. Note you can do the walk outside or inside. 

Also I find the Divina restaurant to be much prettier and spacious. And the ship is smaller, the YC is smaller, and much more intimate.  The YC pool deck dining is a little more restricted as a result of the smaller space. 

bottom line, you can’t go wrong!  On balance though Divina is our favorite. 

• Thanks 1

Another vote for Divina.  Being forced to walk the length of the ship to get to the restaurant opened up our eyes to so many wonderful things the ship offers outside of the Yacht Club.  We discovered a couple of entertainers that we really enjoyed  who were stationed in the main part of the ship. Truthfully, it is hard to leave YC...everything there is so special. It's good that you have to make the total ship transit each day.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

In terms of service and quality, all ships offer the same exquisite experience in Yacht Club. That said, having sailed 25 nights in Nov/Dec past on Seaview, there is no doubt that staff morale is currently low because of Covid restrictions. Crew cannot go off the ship, are continually masked and under strict protocols.....it was still a fantastic experience, and didn't affect our enjoyment in any way, but be aware of this fact!

The YC enclave is extensive on every ship with YC, but varies as follows:

• Style 1 - On Divina, Preziosa and (I think) Splendida the YC restaurant is fully aft so a walk is required. Everything else is in the enclave which is forward.
  • Style 2 - On Meraviglia and Bellisima, maybe a couple of others the YC restaurant and lounge are entirely separate one deck apart.
  • Style 3 - On the newest ships i.e. all the Seaxxxxxx names, there is a magnificent staircase linking the restaurant and lounge. This makes for a much airier lounge experience where you can see down into the most forward area of the lounge and hear any musical accompaniments in the lounge. A by product, for those who love people watching, you get to see what is being worn by others as they flounce up the staircase for dinner in the evening....my wife is a people watcher, and loved that!

I am unsure where Virtuosa and Grandiosa YC sits in terms of those 3 different layouts. It is either style 2 or 3 and I'd guess (possibly wrongly) it's style 3.

No matter which, I would not hesitate to recommend YC on any ship. Obviously if mobility is an issue it's best to avoid style 1 as no one wants to arrive out of breath or somewhat disorientated at their restaurant having undergone a longish walk and detour (in inclement weather) between a few decks.

Yes, Virtuosa is style 3 with the staircase. It's the only one we've tried but we loved it and are booked again in May.

• Like 1