Travel insurance for British Isles cruise.

hollyjess

33 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

Thinking of booking  British Isles cruise but the companies I have tried say they do not cover UK cruises. Can anyone advise please?

Cover for you,  was one company that arranged cover and included cruises to nowhere. 

https://www.coverforyou.com/travel_insurance.php

Edited by LifeonMars

We have just renewed our annual insurance with Staysure because we have booked a British Isles cruise.  They cover UK for cancellations, illness ( including Covid )that prevents you travelling, they don't cover you on the Round Britain cruises for treatment in NHS surgeries, clinics and hospitals, they also don't cover private medical care in the UK.

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have just renewed our annual insurance with Staysure because we have booked a British Isles cruise.  They cover UK for cancellations, illness ( including Covid )that prevents you travelling, they don't cover you on the Round Britain cruises for treatment in NHS surgeries, clinics and hospitals, they also don't cover private medical care in the UK.

I'm with Insure and Go and the situation is the same.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hollyjess said:

Thinking of booking  British Isles cruise but the companies I have tried say they do not cover UK cruises. Can anyone advise please?

Is it a British Isles cruise with every port of call in British Isles or are there ports of call at Southern Ireland and France i.e. Princess because even though they are called British Isles cruises because they call at foreign ports then normal cruise insurance is suffice. The problem with last years cruises and insurance problems encountered was because they didnt stop at any ports of call or only ports within British Isles and eventually most insurance companies covered them in the end. We have done 5 so called British Isles cruises with Princess and doing another in June and have been insured with differing insurance companies and had no problems because they always call at Ireland and France.

Edited by majortom10

4 hours ago, hollyjess said:

The travel area is called Europe.  This includes the UK geographically. Specify including cruises.  If you live in the UK and are entitled to treatment under the NHS, a cheap policy including cruises should suffice.  Generally your risk will be whilst on the ship and at non-UK ports. You have to weigh up what pre-existing medical conditions you have and whether you think you can last until you dock at a UK port in the event of an episode.  If you have a heart condition etc. you will need something of a superior class of cover.

Regards John

• Haha 1

This came up a lot last year when the first UK only cruises started, some with no port calls at all.
Most of the insurance policies came up with special cover for these, as the normal conditions did not cover medical costs for UK holidays (as you are expected to use the NHS). Speak to the company and check if they can still offer this cover, for example I have insurance via Nationwide and the confirmation of cover specifically covers "emergency medical and repatriation costs when travelling on a cruise including UK cruises"

The problem is that you may face costs for initial medical treatment on the ship and possible evacuation to land.

Edited by AlanCruise

16 hours ago, hollyjess said:

I use holiday extras cruise annual Europe insurance - it covers everywhere in Europe and the UK - I explicitly asked them if it covered the UK as it’s not that clear.

not sure if you can get just the UK though - probably not.

Edited by paulatsea