Celebrity Move Up

closecruiser

57 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Got an invite yesterday for our April 21 Silhouette cruise, way earlier than normal.  I put in some bids and since on a B3B decided to try the April 8 and April 30.   It said

image.png.35c78f5f6f8ffe2f64b19519fba1c73f.png

Did they accept your bid?  Only on the April 21 cruise?

Nothing so far.   I'm in a CS and only availble for bidding was a RS and a PS.   Currently to RS available an no PH. 

In the past the earliest I have ever had a bid accepted was 14 days before sailing and the latest 48 hours. 

4 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Did they accept your bid?  Only on the April 21 cruise?

If you meant did the system accept the bid.  Yes, and I received an immediate confirmation of the bids.  I've heard from others on the Roll Call and FB that they also received invites.

25 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

What happens if you don't receive an invite to bid for an upgrade?  I have an upcoming sailing that is around 1/2 or 1/3 full and have not received an email to bid.

I didn't receive an email, but I checked under "manage booking" and scrolled down to find it. I just clicked on the button and saw what the possible offers were. It's very easy! Now we just wait...
**EDIT***

Turns out I DID get an email, but it went into my spam folder, even though I routinely get emails from Celebrity. It's coming from a different email address, so your spam filter might have grabbed it, too!

Edited by RetroSister
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you meant did the system accept the bid.  Yes, and I received an immediate confirmation of the bids.  I've heard from others on the Roll Call and FB that they also received invites.

Yes.  Only for April 21 cruise?  Thank you.

I am amazed that they are requesting bids so early.  Perhaps this is a temporary change?  It looks like a different way to reduce prices (or not) without affecting the price for those that have already booked.  Prevents people who have already booked from requesting a cost reduction.  

Good luck on your bid.  

Nothing so far.   I'm in a CS and only availble for bidding was a RS and a PS.   Currently to RS available an no PH. 

In the past the earliest I have ever had a bid accepted was 14 days before sailing and the latest 48 hours. 

Do you know how it works as to amenities if you get your upgrade? We are on Edge next week. We were successful on a bid from SS to RS. The area to enter the bids listed amenities. We would definitely use the unlimited specialty dining.  When we try to make a booking the system still wants to charge the cover charges.  Any experience with this?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

I am amazed that they are requesting bids so early.  Perhaps this is a temporary change?  It looks like a different way to reduce prices (or not) without affecting the price for those that have already booked.  Prevents people who have already booked from requesting a cost reduction.

By accepting bids earlier, they are increasing ship revenue: 

First, because people have more time to bid and potentially increase the rate for any given cabin (i.e., the more bids they take, the higher the probability of getting larger outlier bids), and

Second, like you said, if they fill the highest revenue cabins first, they don't have to reduce prices and refund as many already purchased fares.

Edited by misterkevin
Correction
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DQGal said:

Well I did it, put a bid in aqua class.

We put in a ‘Fair’ bid for a move up from an inside to a verandah on February 20 Equinox sailing.

Followed suggestion to bid on multiple categories so added a ‘Weak’ bid on a Concierge.

Verandah bid says expired and Concierge is pending.

I am unable to modify the existing bid or bid on other categories. 

Not sure if this is good or bad news but hope to find out soon.

25 minutes ago, eetonaee said:

We put in a ‘Fair’ bid for a move up from an inside to a verandah on February 20 Equinox sailing.

Followed suggestion to bid on multiple categories so added a ‘Weak’ bid on a Concierge.

Verandah bid says expired and Concierge is pending.

I am unable to modify the existing bid or bid on other categories. 

Not sure if this is good or bad news but hope to find out soon.

I put in the lowest bid for our inside cabin to a verandah and I have the same as you pending without being able to modify.  I've been told that means we've won the bid but no money has been taken from my account so I'm still waiting.  As a side - why not come over to the roll call?

50 minutes ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

I put in the lowest bid for our inside cabin to a verandah and I have the same as you pending without being able to modify.  I've been told that means we've won the bid but no money has been taken from my account so I'm still waiting.  As a side - why not come over to the roll call?

My bid says pending also for our 2/11 sailing.    Wonder if that really means we got it.   Fingers crossed!!    

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Yes.  Only for April 21 cruise?  Thank you.

Good luck on your bid.  

I think it may be just the poor bookings on this particular cruise and trying to free up some of the less expensive rooms so they can then discount them and not have to give Price Guarantee adjustments and credits.   Just my thoughts...

I've noticed the current prices are substantially higher than when I first booked almost 2 years ago.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, closecruiser said:

My bid says pending also for our 2/11 sailing.    Wonder if that really means we got it.   Fingers crossed!!    

You might click the link from your bid confirmation.   If your bid shows unavailable it could indicate one of 2 things.   If before 72 hours from sailing time and shows as unavailable for cancellation or change you probably got the upgrade.   If after 72 hours it is normal as listed below for the bid to show as unavailable for cancellation or change.

In the second scenario you will know for sure when your credit card is charged and an e-mail, or when you received the rejection which come exactly at 48 hours prior to the cruise. 

Provided that your offer has not already been accepted, you can change your offer up until 78 hours before departure.

4 hours ago, flviking said:

Do you know how it works as to amenities if you get your upgrade? We are on Edge next week. We were successful on a bid from SS to RS. The area to enter the bids listed amenities. We would definitely use the unlimited specialty dining.  When we try to make a booking the system still wants to charge the cover charges.  Any experience with this?  Thanks!

There is a difference between a Perk and an Amenity.   Your original perks will remain the same and points earned will be the original room type.   As for Amenities like Free Laundry, Unlimited Specialty Dining, Bar Setup, Monogrammed PJ's etc that come with the room -  you will get all of these.

If you have been upgraded to RS you don't do booking online you contact shoreside concierge and they will book for you.   You will hear from them about two weeks to 1 day before sailing.   Some are good some are so so.

You can also just ask your Butler or the Retreat hosts to get bookings for you. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

You might click the link from your bid confirmation.   If your bid shows unavailable it could indicate one of 2 things.   If before 72 hours from sailing time and shows as unavailable for cancellation or change you probably got the upgrade.   If after 72 hours it is normal as listed below for the bid to show as unavailable for cancellation or change.

In the second scenario you will know for sure when your credit card is charged and an e-mail, or when you received the rejection which come exactly at 48 hours prior to the cruise. 

Provided that your offer has not already been accepted, you can change your offer up until 78 hours before departure.

Guess we shall wait and see what happens......The suspense!!!!!!!

On an upcoming sailing next week, yesterday I bid on a MoveUp from an OV to a FV.  There were 11 FV's back aft available.  This afternoon I looked at inventory, and there were 8 available, and just a few minutes ago, there were only 2 available.  So they are busy  as we speak.    I'm not optimistic I will get one of the two remaining, but holding out for an AQ MoveUp that I also bid on.  Inventory appears to be fairly stable at this point.

15 hours ago, closecruiser said:

Guess we shall wait and see what happens......The suspense!!!!!!!

From the number of posts I can tell your REALLY want the upgrade and keep the faith in the Upgrade Fairy.   

We were surprised on our September cruise with rather low bids.  We were booked in AQ and won a RS on the first cruise and somehow I missed the e-mail of our second upgrade for almost a week and found we had been upgraded to the Penthouse.   It was beyond amazing.

• Like 1

I’ve bid for a Veranda from an inside for Silhouette 25/2. I did not receive any confirmation emails, but when I log in to the Move Up page I can see that my bid is pending. However I can still modify/delete it. Anyone had a similar situation to this? 

8 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

I’ve bid for a Veranda from an inside for Silhouette 25/2. I did not receive any confirmation emails, but when I log in to the Move Up page I can see that my bid is pending. However I can still modify/delete it. Anyone had a similar situation to this? 

That's normal.   Both bids I made a couple days ago for a cruise in April also show pending at the very top and I can modify or cancel.

The first signal you may have won a bid is if yo are no longer able to be cancel or Modify.   Saying that at 72 hours all bids are locked and can't be cancelled or modified at 72 hours prior to departure.  Notification of failed bid arrives exactly 48 hours prior to cruise.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

That's normal.   Both bids I made a couple days ago for a cruise in April also show pending at the very top and I can modify or cancel.

The first signal you may have won a bid is if yo are no longer able to be cancel or Modify.   Saying that at 72 hours all bids are locked and can't be cancelled or modified at 72 hours prior to departure.  Notification of failed bid arrives exactly 48 hours prior to cruise.

Fab- thank you.

We are flying out 3 days before the cruise so I don’t know what I will do if I win and I can’t print the new luggage labels!

21 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

Fab- thank you.

We are flying out 3 days before the cruise so I don’t know what I will do if I win and I can’t print the new luggage labels!

No worries.   The porters have blank tags and just fill in the information for you.   You could also possibly have the front desk print for you or many hotels have a printer and computer available for guests to print boarding passes.

I bought the clear cruise ship luggage tag holders about 5 years ago and still using them.   Very sturdy and you just slide the luggage tag in and out. 

• Like 1

Seeing that I booked through one of the Big Warehouse travel agents, I am not getting the Move Up offer emails.   I checked through the Celebrity website and it mentions checking back within 21 days of my cruise.  Does anyone know if they will allow me to enter a bid or am I completely locked out of this option?

Frankly I am happy with our location and such for our veranda on the 4/2 sailing on the Reflection but I love getting good deals and it seems like now is the time for cheap upgrades…

I bid mid January from Concierge to Aqua ( we wanted Blue and Persian Garden access since our friends cancelled).  Cruise date is Feb 14.  Showed pending with option to change until 2 weeks ago.  One week later it locked to pending then yesterday we got confirmation of upgrade.  Charge, email and room change all happened at relatively the same time.  Nice having it all changed a full week in advance so I could print out luggage tags prior to leaving town.  Good luck to all others currently pending!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Reisdawg said:

Seeing that I booked through one of the Big Warehouse travel agents, I am not getting the Move Up offer emails.   I checked through the Celebrity website and it mentions checking back within 21 days of my cruise.  Does anyone know if they will allow me to enter a bid or am I completely locked out of this option?

Frankly I am happy with our location and such for our veranda on the 4/2 sailing on the Reflection but I love getting good deals and it seems like now is the time for cheap upgrades…

My understanding is you are locked out.   You can however email CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com

and ask.   They respond very quickly and can also fix problem if needed.