Apex Rooftop Garden or Fine cut steakhouse

toronto guys

I am wondering if someone can comment on the food quality at either of these restaurants. I have seen reviews from December 2021 with most saying they were disappointed in the Fine Cut steakhouse and that the noise from the main lobby was a factor.

Have not seen any reviews on the Rooftop Garden restaurant.

Any comments would be appreciated. We are on Feb 26, 2022 sailing

Thank you

I ate at both on Edge and Fine Cut had better quality food although the Rooftop Grill was good. There is outside seating at Fine Cut if you want to get away from the noise. That’s where I sat for my meal there and it was nice and quiet.

We just recently ate at both on Apex.  We enjoyed Fine Cut and the food was good and the music was not terribly loud.  It kind of made you feel that you were at a 4-star restaurant(no quite). We also ate dinner at Rooftop Garden for dinner - the food was good also but it was a more casual environment with varied menu similar to barbeque, etc.  We enjoyed it also.

I would say that I prefer Fine Cut for dinner and do lunch at Rooftop Garden. The only reason we did not was that we had read it could be very warm dining outside.

Two different types of menu and style.  Do both if you can.

Fine Cut has great food and service, we were disappointed with the Lawn Club, apps were wonderful, but the the entrees not so much, ordered a full rack of baby backs and what I got looked like rib tips about 1-1/2 x 3 inch pieces (2), way over seasoned with pepper and dry, re-ordered and not much better, brisket was tender but too much fat left on and small portion again.  Just be aware if you do Fine Cut and are seated near the openings by the Martini Bar at showtime it can be vety loud and bright.

Edited by wallyh4184

Both are excellent.  On my January cruise on Apex, a special dinner at Rooftop Garden occurred. My husband and I signed up for it as our first Rooftop Garden dinner. The dinner was 6 course, and was amazing! We both loved it. The atmosphere, outdoors at sunset and beyond, was amazing and romantic.  This is my only Rooftop Garden experience, but it’s wonder will make us for sure dine there again. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 4:30 PM, toronto guys said:

I am wondering if someone can comment on the food quality at either of these restaurants. I have seen reviews from December 2021 with most saying they were disappointed in the Fine Cut steakhouse and that the noise from the main lobby was a factor.

Have not seen any reviews on the Rooftop Garden restaurant.

Any comments would be appreciated. We are on Feb 26, 2022 sailing

Thank you

I prefer Rooftop over Fine Cut, much more relaxed vibe at Rooftop.  Also, IMO, the steak (and service) in Luminae is as good or better than Fine Cut.  You'll get many varied opinions, I'd suggest doing both and you decide.  

• 4 weeks later...

We have reservations for dinner on the Rooftop.   Just wondering if it is really windy up there when we are at sea.  We ate at a similar place on a previous cruise and remember our food literally flying off our plates!  It was memorable though.  

2 hours ago, wildcats40 said:

We have reservations for dinner on the Rooftop.   Just wondering if it is really windy up there when we are at sea.  We ate at a similar place on a previous cruise and remember our food literally flying off our plates!  It was memorable though.  

On the Edge Rooftop was usually very windy.

I just find the price point high for what you get--it's pretty much a sports bar menu.

Eden was amazing on the Edge & gets even better reviews on Apex--can't wait!

• Thanks 1