Random/ Regular testing once onboard?

Blossom3

Celebrity would likely not call on any port that required all passengers to be tested.  It would be a logistical nightmare as well as very expensive.

Only passengers tested are those who are doing B2B and they are tested the day before the end of the cruise.

11 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Celebrity would likely not call on any port that required all passengers to be tested.  It would be a logistical nightmare as well as very expensive.

Only passengers tested are those who are doing B2B and they are tested the day before the end of the cruise.

We are on the Silhouette TA calling into Bermuda, I believe they still require testing?

23 minutes ago, Blossom3 said:

Hi, are Celebrity doing regular testing once onboard or just if it is a requirement to go ashore?

Passengers—-no regular or random testing

crew—- weekly testing

At this point in time Celebrity is not visiting any port which requires testing

1 minute ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Passengers—-no regular or random testing

crew—- weekly testing

At this point in time Celebrity is not visiting any port which requires testing

My cabin attendant as well as other crew members told me they are tested every 7 days as well as B2B guests. I just got off the Edge Sunday also took a cruise in November no issues whatsoever and oddly enough I usually get a sore throat by the second day of my cruise so it appears the sanitizing and hand washing works.

11 hours ago, TeeRick said:

If you have been contact traced to somebody who tested positive on board then you will be tested.

Or if you go to medical with symptoms.

I believe those are the only ways to get tested onboard for guests not doing a b2b. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, D C said:

Or if you go to medical with symptoms.

I believe those are the only ways to get tested onboard for guests not doing a b2b. 

Yes but due to the now well known outcome of being sent to the Red Zone or Penalty Box (Go Directly to Jail-Do Not Pass Go), I truly believe that many passengers with minor symptoms do not go voluntarily to Medical.  

• Like 2

Just now, TeeRick said:

Yes but due to the now well known outcome of being sent to the Red Zone or Penalty Box (Go Directly to Jail-Do Not Pass Go), I truly believe that many passengers with minor symptoms do not go voluntarily to Medical.  

I suspect you're correct.

1 hour ago, D C said:

I suspect you're correct.

That is true on last week edge sailing captain announced 1 positive then 2 days later another 2. Guest relations said 670 were onboard.  It was almost like having the ship to ourselves. 

I think it is a combination of Omicron numbers truly plummeting, booster doses becoming more common, and some passengers not reporting to Medical with minor cold symptoms for risk of isolation.  This will lead to very few reported positive tests on board.