Masks no longer required / No more testing at pier

WNcruiser

6 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

I should clarify that they will offer testing at the pier, but at a cost of $99 per person (See bottom of the notice). 

At their price point, I am suprised by the nickle and diming approach, though it did seem labor intensive when we sailed on Splendor in Nov.

• Like 1

We are sailing on March 7, 2022 from Miami and have not received any notice yet!!(If Regent is reading this ,please use our correct email address!!!)

Flying from Toronto on Sat.March 5th but have to get our test within 24 hours for flying to USA.

Since we always go in 2 to 3 days ahead of a cruise during winter months wish Regent would give us a 72 Hour leeway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Well darn, got the mail this morning for our July Splendor cruise.  For us, flying from Canada (at least as of this month, February), this complicates things.  We will have to test before we board our flight to Copenhagen (requirement to fly), then test again when we reach Copenhagen prior to boarding, since as usual, we are doing a few days pre-cruise in that city, and our departure is outside the 72 hour window.  Good to see that testing at the pier is available.

As for mask-wearing, note that masks are highly recommended, just not required.  (With my experience this winter here in Florida, that means perhaps 10% masks will be worn--gheesh).  

Wendy,

With regard to testing I.e requirement to fly, is this something required by the Canadian Gov? I only ask as Denmark recently removed all restrictions for fully vaxed travellers so no testing would be required to enter the country 

18 minutes ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

We are sailing on March 7, 2022 from Miami and have not received any notice yet!!(If Regent is reading this ,please use our correct email address!!!)

Flying from Toronto on Sat.March 5th but have to get our test within 24 hours for flying to USA.

Since we always go in 2 to 3 days ahead of a cruise during winter months wish Regent would give us a 72 Hour leeway.

We are on your cruise    :O)

Got the email this morning.

1 hour ago, Gcto said:

yes, on paper that is correct, but I still don't see this as the solution for many, especially when flying to Europe or FE to catch a ship. Depending on what test you take and where you take it you will not have the results immediately. So you will fly and leave home before you have the results. Then you wait..and hope all is well... but...how will you get the results ? Ah, phone...yet you are in Greece and your phone doesn't work, connect, etc, or you don't have the right data plan ...or...heck you don't have a smart phone 🙂  So you still will have to use the test at the pier.   Yes, there are some fast result test sites mentioned in the Regent mail, but not everyone has access to those depending on location and...(sorry to say) mobility.   So I don't think any of that will really prevent us from leaving home, testing positive when at a foreign port and then having to quarantine. It's a risk we'll either have to take or not cruise at the moment. 

Rapid tests with results in minutes or hours are available everywhere nowadays, or use the supervised home test that Regent mentions in their memo. With the 72 hour lead time you should not have a problem getting the test to fly and then using the same one to board the ship. Only exception would be if you were spending several pre-cruise days in Europe or the Far East. Then you would need a second test before boarding (available at the port at a cost). This looks like a very positive move to me. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CJANDH said:

Rapid tests with results in minutes or hours are available everywhere nowadays, or use the supervised home test that Regent mentions in their memo.

This is a very USA based response ( which is fine if you live there). Regent has guests in countries where there may be limited home based testing and the companies that Regent partners with may not apply outside of the US. So it may not always be that simple.  Right now, getting a PCR test to confirm that you tested positive is difficult in some jurisdictions as mass testing is being reduced/limited. If you tested positive in the weeks before your cruise and need “ recovery proof”( which is often a positive pcr test result + physician/ medical proof) then good luck. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Well darn, got the mail this morning for our July Splendor cruise.  For us, flying from Canada (at least as of this month, February), this complicates things.  We will have to test before we board our flight to Copenhagen (requirement to fly), then test again when we reach Copenhagen prior to boarding, since as usual, we are doing a few days pre-cruise in that city, and our departure is outside the 72 hour window.  Good to see that testing at the pier is available.

As for mask-wearing, note that masks are highly recommended, just not required.  (With my experience this winter here in Florida, that means perhaps 10% masks will be worn--gheesh).  

Copenhagen airport has a testing site in terminal 2 so you can get the test when you arrive. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I hope they end it as soon as possible...but they will still be required if Regent sails into the territorial waters of a country that requires them. 

I get that but for US to US cruises if the ports do not require why should Regent? Also, if on a cruise that departs before 3/1 but disembarks AFTER 3/1, does that mean on 3/1 the mask mandate disappears? And if not, why not? I realize I'm posting rhetorical questions but it's food for thought.

We don’t sail until the end of August,  I expect any policy (regent,airline,country) to change at least three times before we get anywhere near the plane.  I will worry about this and any health forms the month before we leave.   We went to Hawaii twice in 2021 and the rules kept changing,  we just followed them as needed - everything worked out fine.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sunprince said:

No worries, I was not being critical of your post.  I just find that sometimes Regent communicates as if all their customer are in the US and not spread across multiple countries. 

I received the same generic email yesterday which looks like following the comments in this post, it has been sent to all booked passengers irrespective of which country you are based.  What I personally find frustrating is the email only has links which are only relevant to our American friends. Living in the UK, with a confirmed reservation for April 2022 I was hoping RSSC would offer a personal email informing of their preferred provider and advice in UK for pre embarkation PCR/Antigen.   I appreciate things may changed and accept I can pay $99 at the port but at the moment feel RSSC are not offering any assistance to non USA customers. 

• Like 2

Now that Regent has done this I expect other luxury lines to follow, otherwise they get my next booking as I am unable to wear a mask due to a disability and I'm having a dreadful time with another luxury line.

And wouldn't you know it, I received a repeat of the standard Regent sail update for my 2/21 Explorer cruise reiterating that masks must one worn inside at all times except when eating or drinking. Talk about hurt. The same day they announce masks will no longer be required inside a scant few days after we embark. Hope they use some common sense on this when we board.

Aloha,

I join you in this wish. We board 2/14 and I will report back.

I realize that a lot of the issue is mine ( difficulty in uploading photo) but I am finding the Regent process onerous. After receiving final cruise documents, there is getting the additional bar coded form. Now today I received an email from the antigen testing company   to pre-register and get another bar code form. I have sailed on another line  since covid and their ‘ticket’ process was the same as pre covid. This seems convoluted.

• Like 1

Great news for those embarking in March, unfortunately we will still have to run the gauntlet of a quayside test, even though we will already have been tested the previous day, to fly to the US. Hopefully all will be well!! We can live with the masks, as we wear them indoors here at present.

We have been told for so long that masks are mandatory and really help fight against the virus so I’m so surprised to read now regent are lifting this restriction.   I wish they had said this before I made my final payment as I’m really not keen to be on a cruise if no-one will be wearing a mask.  I know it can be my choice to wear one though if no-one else is it just wouldn’t feel right and I’m not looking forward at all now to our cruise in April😢

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scottie920 said:

I received the same generic email yesterday which looks like following the comments in this post, it has been sent to all booked passengers irrespective of which country you are based.  What I personally find frustrating is the email only has links which are only relevant to our American friends. Living in the UK, with a confirmed reservation for April 2022 I was hoping RSSC would offer a personal email informing of their preferred provider and advice in UK for pre embarkation PCR/Antigen.   I appreciate things may changed and accept I can pay $99 at the port but at the moment feel RSSC are not offering any assistance to non USA customers. 

If it’s any help we also are in the UK and will be on Voyager April 25th and will probably use https://www.expresstest.co.uk/london-heathrow-airport/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvJaYya3z9QIVQ-rtCh1DdgaVEAAYASAAEgLsVfD_BwE#Book

We used them in October and found them ok

It’s the PLF’s I hope will be removed before we sail…

22 hours ago, Easterncommand said:

Wendy,

With regard to testing I.e requirement to fly, is this something required by the Canadian Gov? I only ask as Denmark recently removed all restrictions for fully vaxed travellers so no testing would be required to enter the country 

Yes, it's a Canadian goverment thing.  We haven't relaxed much yet, but hopefully will have by July.

20 hours ago, kandersen said:

Copenhagen airport has a testing site in terminal 2 so you can get the test when you arrive. 

Thank you.

All day I have been hearing news reports of various states doing away w mask requirements in full or in significant areas. One state removed mask requirements for businesses, inside dining, etc but will re-evaluate school

masking in a month. NJ said no masks for schools as of early March. I suspect that it is going to be confusing for a while and that many will wonder if this is wise. And many may be reluctant to unmask.

I am comfortable w Regent since vaccination remains required…just wish that the change was immediate since we are sailing in Feb and wearing the mask until Feb 28 feels like pandemic drama.

Of course, individuals are entitled and invited to continue wearing masks per their comfort.

• Like 2

For the last two years, I have been an avid proponent of masking in crowded places like the supermarket and airport but since everyone must be vaccinated to book and board on a cruise I really am loathe to wear a mask on a tropical cruise. It's such a buzzkill. We are sailing on Splendor and departing one day before the March 1st change. I really hope they apply the no mask needed policy to our cruise. I've been regretting booking this trip ever since I read that everyone is expected to be masked the entire time when not eating or in your cabin. Anyone know if March 1 is across the board the day they lift the mandate, or is it only for cruises departing after March 1?

42 minutes ago, cicirider said:

For the last two years, I have been an avid proponent of masking in crowded places like the supermarket and airport but since everyone must be vaccinated to book and board on a cruise I really am loathe to wear a mask on a tropical cruise. It's such a buzzkill. We are sailing on Splendor and departing one day before the March 1st change. I really hope they apply the no mask needed policy to our cruise. I've been regretting booking this trip ever since I read that everyone is expected to be masked the entire time when not eating or in your cabin. Anyone know if March 1 is across the board the day they lift the mandate, or is it only for cruises departing after March 1?

Cicirider, this is copied from the notice I got.  It says voyages beginning on or after March 1.

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor,

The Regent Family looks forward to welcoming you aboard. As you prepare for your journey, we would like to inform you of a few updates to our health and safety protocols. These updates are expected to significantly streamline the check-in process at the pier, allowing for reduced wait times and minimizing person to person contact, as well as make your onboard experience more comfortable.

For voyages beginning on or after March 1, 2022, the following health and safety protocols will go into effect.