Panama Full Transit B2B LA Not Possible?

eyelash

I've been wracking my brain on the Princess website trying to find a cruise that starts in LA and does a full transit of the Panama Canal to Ft. Lauderdale and then departs Ft. Lauderdale the same day to go back through the Canal to LA.  I'm not picky about whether it travels the historic or new locks either direction, but prefer a larger ship like the Emerald over the Island Princess.  We'd like to go in Jan 2023 or later.

Am I missing something or does Princess just not offer this possibility?  Any info appreciated.

4 hours ago, eyelash said:

I've been wracking my brain on the Princess website trying to find a cruise that starts in LA and does a full transit of the Panama Canal to Ft. Lauderdale and then departs Ft. Lauderdale the same day to go back through the Canal to LA.  I'm not picky about whether it travels the historic or new locks either direction, but prefer a larger ship like the Emerald over the Island Princess.  We'd like to go in Jan 2023 or later.

Am I missing something or does Princess just not offer this possibility?  Any info appreciated.

Emerald December over the holidays. I know cause I am on it. I live in Lauderdale so flying to LA a few days early. Oops sorry doesn't go back to LA I don't think

Edited by rabin1

5 hours ago, triple7tahoe said:

Check the Ruby sailing on February 25th. Many folks from a NorCal TA going both ways on the cruise. We will be on only to FLL but have friends going both ways with a couple of the folks doing Hawaii on each end for 60 days at sea 🙂

San Francisco - Ft Lauderdale - San Francisco is close enough!  Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Trish Ahoy said:

Yes, I know of a back to back Panama Canal cruises on the Emerald Princess that leaves Los Angeles on January 17, 2023.  Arrives in Ft. Lauderdale on Feb. 1 and then returns to Los Angeles on Feb. 16, 2023.

Thanks for the suggestion.  The layover period in Ft. Lauderdale is a little too lengthy for us on this one.

1 hour ago, eyelash said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  The layover period in Ft. Lauderdale is a little too lengthy for us on this one.

No layover. It leaves FLL for LA on Feb 1 (same day it arrives) and arrives back in LA on Feb 16.

12 hours ago, eyelash said:

Leave LA Jan 17, 2023 to FLL and return Feb 1 FLL to LA back to back in Emerald Princess is available. 

A good spreadsheet of all the current Princess cruises can be found at Princess Chatter.

Do a search for it on Google.

It's updated frequently & makes for easy planning.

Edited by MissP22
  • Like 1