Aquaclass on Millenium - Eat in Blu Only or Book Specialty?

ChrisNY2

I'll be sailing on Celebrity for the first time in a few weeks - the 4 night on Millenium. I'll be in Aquaclass. Should I plan to eat all my dinners in Blu, or are any of the specialty dining options better and worth booking? It's a pretty short cruise, so 4 nights in Blu might not get boring!

We live Blu and would not pay for specialty dining on a 4 night cruise.  Blu is the primary reason folks pay extra for a AQ cabin. 
Millenium only has Tuscan Grill, Italian steakhouse, which we find so-so and LePetit Chef at Qsine, 2 seatings Nightly,  set menu that is served timed to a cartoon.  They also a Sushi on 5 ala carte pricing.

• Thanks 1

Like you, I have not sailed on Celebrity yet but will next week.  Booked an Aqua with Blu (for one reason) because I heard so many good things about the  meals.  I am trying to maintain a "life healthy" eating habit so it just seemed to fit.  

But... the menu's came out on our app recently and...well, I'm not lovin the choices each night.  I've got a "wait and see attitude" right now and I know that as a back up I can order from the MDR menu as well on Millie.  This would give me the best of both worlds 🙂.   Hoping to be pleasantly surprised!

• Like 1

Choices not always great in Blu. Other than Rack of Lamb and Filet Mignon was not impressed. Weird lobster rendition really terrible. Ordered some food from the main dining room. Fish was not good in Blu or Petit Chef but they may have been having supply problems. 

• Thanks 1

We were on Millennium in October for two weeks and loved Blu for breakfast and dinner.  Great staff (Linda at check-in stand, waiter Juan and assistant Mika, if still there...really outstanding).  Just about all our meals were very good IMO (but we're not foodies). We liked the quiet atmosphere.  As noted above, you can also order from the MDR menu, as well as the children's menu, which has a small filet my wife ordered several times.  We also had dinner at the Tuscan Grill once...also very good.

• Like 1

I am doing Aqua class on Equinox in November and I have heard the breakfast are very good.

I will look at the daily menu in blu and decide on a day by day basis.  

this will be my first time doing Aqua class and on my 3rd X ship.

I do wonder if the waiters in Blu really hate it when folks want to order from MDR menu?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I am doing Aqua class on Equinox in November and I have heard the breakfast are very good.

I will look at the daily menu in blu and decide on a day by day basis.  

this will be my first time doing Aqua class and on my 3rd X ship.

I do wonder if the waiters in Blu really hate it when folks want to order from MDR menu?

Ordering off the MDR is more work for the servers in Blu and that's why we never do it.  You have a good idea in looking at the menu for the night, beforehand.  That way if you don't see anything you want, you can always opt for a Sp restaurant or eat in oceanview.

11 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Ordering off the MDR is more work for the servers in Blu and that's why we never do it.  You have a good idea in looking at the menu for the night, beforehand.  That way if you don't see anything you want, you can always opt for a Sp restaurant or eat in oceanview.

agree. I would be shy about asking for something not on the menu.

BTW I like your name TEABAG.   cute

4 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Most, if not all the specialty restaurants are open on sea days for lunch you want to give them a try.  I loved Sushi on Five.  Tuscan Grille was fine - it was a lot of food for lunch time.   ;  )

That's a good idea! I'll probably do Sushi on Five one day for lunch!