Private transfers Southampton to Heathrow

asnaleah

3 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We have used Smithsforairports and were very pleased.

Unfortunately Smiths are no longer. They were our favourite transfer company and we had used them for years. It’s no surprise really considering no one was travelling for around 18 months. The only other one I know of is Airport Cars who operate out of Southampton Airport. No experience of them though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, surreymum said:

https://www.trenchardtravel.co.uk/

I’m pretty sure this was the company we used for transport from Surrey to Southampton and then return after our cruise last year. They were reasonably priced, friendly, efficient and provided a vehicle that could comfortably fit 6 of us plus luggage.

This sounds good. Thanks for the advice!

9 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We have used Smithsforairports and were very pleased.

Are they still in existence?   I went to their website to reserve a car last night and get a message that the site has been deactivated.   I also used them and was impressed.   We got caught in customs at Heathrow (only 2 agents and about 6,000 passengers).   He waited 3 hours for us and didn't charge us or waiting time.   We way over tipped him.

https://smithsairportcars.co.uk/

• Like 1

I have also been looking around after unsuccessful with Smith's .  I  got a quote from Blacklane (Google search  and I know nothing about them)   Rate was 200 Pounds Stirling for an E Class type car.  Still looking myself.   I drop by the Southampton forum.

I checked the UK Forum and only one current thread there  which I include below -  Thought my researched could be leveraged by others.   My search is for May 7 (Saturday)- Southampton to Heathrow Terminal 5 with an 8:45 pick up for a 1:45 flight.

Blacklane -   200 UKP  Mercedes C Class only Executive type cars

Blackberry -  156 UKP  no car specified

AquaCar  -  Said doesn't have service (I put in City Cruise terminal to Terminal 5 Heathrow)

WestQuay  -    105 UKP - no car specified

18 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Need advice about private car transport from Southampton to Heathrow. Thanks!

Aquacars’ website appears active. Have used them Southampton-Heathrow and reverse. Service in 2019 was very good. Aquacars.co.uk. Give ‘em try. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

There is usually a fair few taxis at Southampton dock. It is pretty civilised too in comparison to Port Everglades. 

Our local taxi company in Hamble (15 minutes from the docks) I imagine would do a transfer too. Always reliable. 
https://www.vikingcars.co.uk/

For £200 I would do it too😜

It is a shame the train does not go to Heathrow.  It does to Gatwick. 

• Haha 1