Is there an electrical plug in the Silver Spirit bathroom?

Lagunachris

We were on the Whisper in Dec and were surprised to find that there was not a plug in the bathroom

for our nightlight.  The step up to the bathroom in the dark can at times be challenging.

Can someone tell me if the Silver Spirit has a bathroom with an electrical plug?  We will be sailing

on the Spirit in May.

Thanks.

Why didn’t you plug it into the shaver outlet? Surely your night light doesn’t draw much power like an iPad or laptop charger would.  Shaver outlets are fairly standard, if limited-power, 110 V AC sources.

With that said, hopefully LesB will chime in here as I remember him posting pictures of practically every electrical outlet in a Silver Spirit suite three years ago or so.

Edited by Stumblefoot
Shout out to LesB

I'm sure there is - I have plugged my nightlight in in the bathroom of every SS cruise I've done and that includes several on the Spirit. And the Whisper for that matter, not sure why you didn't find an outlet?

It's the shaver socket of course, being a bathroom there isn't, nor would you expect, a 'regular' electrical outlet. Nighlights draw such a small current that the shaver socket is adequate - I have equipped myself with an LED one that is 120v, 0.3w - not much power needed there!

Edited by jollyjones
  • Thanks 1

There are also small LED "tea lights" that can provide a small glow to help you see in the dark, without it being overly bright.  I know you can find a pack of them at WalMart and other locations.  The advantage is that they are battery powered, so you can place them around the cabin as you wish -- perhaps to illuminate a "path" to your nighttime destination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to those who responded, we did not know the shaver outlet could be used.  Once in Rome my friend plugged something into the shaver outlet of a small hotel and she blew a fuse -that  incident always made us shy away from using the shaver outlet.

Something like a hairdryer would definitely blow a fuse but nightlights are usually pretty low wattage.

Shaver sockets allow something like 20 - 40 watts, look at your nightlight and see what it draws. My LED light is 0.3 watts, even an old fashioned incandescent bulb would probably only be 4 or 5 watts. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

I always take a pack of battery operated LED tealights on cruises. They are just right for the bathroom as you can see where you're going but they're not bright enough to keep you awake. 

Edited by Clodia
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Especially when your lights don't work!😉

I never travel without a flashlight.  Useful on airplanes if you need to find something you dropped, in hotel rooms and elsewhere.  There are some pretty good ones with enough LED power, available for under $20.  And small - maybe 3-4 inches in size.

28 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

I never travel without a flashlight.  Useful on airplanes if you need to find something you dropped, in hotel rooms and elsewhere.  There are some pretty good ones with enough LED power, available for under $20.  And small - maybe 3-4 inches in size.

I Just wasn't expecting to be in a suite that had no lights for 4 days with no prospect of them getting fixed. Fair enough when you go camping.......

• Like 2

On 2/11/2022 at 3:26 PM, FlyerTalker said:

On a ship, I usually plug a low-draw LED nightlight into the shaver outlet.  

Newer ships now have handy low light floor lighting that activates when people get up, to help guide pax from the bed to the bathroom.

Note also if you have iphone, you may not even need a separate little flashlight,  as there is the iphone "flashlight" app.  You can swipe up to activate the icon off the homescreen without even needing face or thumb recognition (depending on your model). So if you have an iphone you always have near you, you always have a flashlight near you  (as you noted, light is very handy when dropping things on a plane -- especially into the crevice near the seat, unless what you dropped is the iphone! 😳)