Final payment date changes.

mumcat

We are booked on a cruise in mid-July 2022. The final payment is due 90 days prior to sailing but a few fellow passengers have said on Roll Call that several weeks ago they received notification that the final payment date has been amended to 60 days prior. We have not received any notification at all and my emails to our Regent agent have been ignored.  The change seems to be happening on a rolling basis . Has anyone else had this change applied to their cruise sailing in 2022?

38 minutes ago, mumcat said:

We are booked on a cruise in mid-July 2022. The final payment is due 90 days prior to sailing but a few fellow passengers have said on Roll Call that several weeks ago they received notification that the final payment date has been amended to 60 days prior. We have not received any notification at all and my emails to our Regent agent have been ignored.  The change seems to be happening on a rolling basis . Has anyone else had this change applied to their cruise sailing in 2022?

Yes, we had an email about the 60 days for our April cruise.  Our TA required payment about 3 weeks before that. 

We received this letter last month for our July 8, 2022 cruise:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: JANUARY 20, 2022

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. To provide you with additional flexibility, we are modifying our payment schedule for your voyage departing in July 2022 — for any reservations that have not yet been paid in full, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

For reservations where final payment has already been made, cancellation penalties will not start until 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

Invoices will not reflect the new final payment date. Final payment reminders are automatically sent based on this date, please disregard these notices.

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact us using the phone numbers below.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard this July.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers:

• United States / Canada: 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368) or (954) 776-6123
• United Kingdom: 023 8082 1390
• Rest of Europe: +44 23 8082 1350
• Australia / New Zealand / Asia Pacific: 1.300.455.200
• Latin America / Brazil: 0800 400-3132 or +1 (954) 940-7486

Our July 15, 2022 Voyager sailing from Southampton, UK final payment due date was moved to May 16, 2022.  It is not reflected on the website under your booked cruises profile.  I have Regent's letter and one from my TA advising of the new final payment date.

Might be time to get a new TA.

For our April sailing our TA new about the time change or payment and she tried everything she could to get Regent to give something in official writing. Didn't happen and the website still doesn't show the new final payment date. I don't blame my TA - it's just a fix that the website needs. 😀

2 hours ago, mdunne48 said:

Our July 15, 2022 Voyager sailing from Southampton, UK final payment due date was moved to May 16, 2022.  It is not reflected on the website under your booked cruises profile.  I have Regent's letter and one from my TA advising of the new final payment date.

Might be time to get a new TA.

Don’t think your TA has anything to do with updating Regent’s website.

Our Regent cruise is mid September 2022. Our final payment date is April,  so we are way more than 90 days out. I would be very happy if they moved that to June. We have a TA, and we haven't heard anything about a change in dates, and I don't expect one.

I suspect it may have to do with when you booked. If you took a chance with a booking while covid was already a problem, there were incentives. Those of us who were stupid enough to book well in advance, not anticipating covid, but who like to plan in advance, get to pay the full payment very far in advance. We already postponed this cruise from last September before full payment was due last April since no cruises were sailing at time, and each month there was a new date for restarting.

• 4 months later...

Our December 2022 cruise had final payment due at 150 days.  It is a B2B for a total of 24 nights.  Is that why we had to pay sooner?  Or maybe it depends on the terms in place when the cruise was booked?  We booked ours in Jan 2022.

Edited by SusieQft

According to the Regent site final payments are:

120 days before for cruises of 14 nights or less

150 days for 15 nights or longer

I think the 90 days out were special circumstances because they were still dealing with covid cancelations and trying to keep more people from canceling.