Price Adjustment after Final Payment

CruiseNut24

I did last week.  32 days before my cruise I emailed my Princess vacation planner about the price change and asked if we could rebook with new sale fare.  She did it right away and the money we saved ($850!) was put to FCC.  Now we just need to pick our next cruise. 

I did for my cruise that ends tomorrow. The first rep I spoke with made it seem like it should be a simple process. But she couldn't get it to work. Another rep ended up canceling the original booking number and rebooking me under another booking number. Before doing so, she did not explain the implications--receiving a refund for part of the fare and a future cruise credit for the rest. The problem with doing it that way was that the future cruise credit wasn't immediately available to apply to the second booking number.

There are 3 ways for this to work under normal circumstances:

1) Easiest - If the price of the promotion or fare type you booked under drops after final payment, then yes its pretty easy to get a refund for the difference after final payment.  This happened to me a few weeks ago.

2) Harder - If there is a new promotion that comes out or is like a "drop and go" fare, and its sufficiently less than your current fare AND any cancellation fees, then you can get a "refund" also.  It will require the agent to basically cancel your old booking and rebook you.  If its less than 45 days before sailing and you have EZair booked, those flight tickets might be lost and you may have to rebook at the current rates as well as incur cancellation fees with the airlines.

3) Hardest - hope that the agent and the agents manager on the other end of the phone will cut you a deal.

Help me understand:

I just rebooked a cruise within 8 weeks of embarkation.  Almost all of the refund was applied to my summer cruise. All but $211. I now have that as a FCC on my home page but no number. Original FCC expiry date was 5/1/2023. Will I have the same date? In other words, does it refund to the original credit# or does it generate a new #? I want to put it on the 3/2023 voyage. Asked PVP but she's new .... also missing 20 goodwill (apology) OBC but she's well aware of that

Edited by Ombud
Just did this today. Also asked brand new PVP.

On 2/14/2022 at 6:39 PM, Ombud said:

Help me understand:

I just rebooked a cruise within 8 weeks of embarkation.  Almost all of the refund was applied to my summer cruise. All but $211. I now have that as a FCC on my home page but no number. Original FCC expiry date was 5/1/2023. Will I have the same date? In other words, does it refund to the original credit# or does it generate a new #? I want to put it on the 3/2023 voyage. Asked PVP but she's new .... also missing 20 goodwill (apology) OBC but she's well aware of that

Everything showed up today. So 24 hr turnaround time. 2 confirmation emails & 1 phone call. But that call was only to let me know her hours are 10-7pm. Last PVP's hours were 6-2pm. So her responses might seem late but are on time (my interpretation)

Today I tried to refare a cruise with about 70 days to embarkation but was told it was for new bookings only.

The new fare was a Drop and Go fare. The difference in price would have been significant but less than the cancellation fee for the current booking.

I've re-fared a March cruise twice since final payment. We lost OBC on the first re-fare and specialty dining on the second re-fare. The down side of the re-fares is that the difference in fare was issued as FCC which has to be used by the end of the year. The plus side is I get to go on another cruise in 2022 with a nice chunk of FCC applied.

Before contacting Princess or my CVP for the re-fare I made sure that the prices were not marked as new bookings only.

22 minutes ago, WAussieSFO said:

I've re-fared a March cruise twice since final payment. We lost OBC on the first re-fare and specialty dining on the second re-fare. The down side of the re-fares is that the difference in fare was issued as FCC which has to be used by the end of the year. The plus side is I get to go on another cruise in 2022 with a nice chunk of FCC applied.

Before contacting Princess or my CVP for the re-fare I made sure that the prices were not marked as new bookings only.

When I look through the terms displayed online at the Princess web site they do not specify if they are for new bookings only.