Grand suite Oasis of the seas

ranchette

There are two banks of elevators on the ship; one set is forward and one is midship. The suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen are on deck 17 and only accessible from the midship elevators. The entrance is actually right at the elevator lobby 

For convenience you would want to be as high up as possible and close to the midship elevators. But not on deck 14 which is immediately below the pool deck.

• Like 2

I suppose if you take the elevators the deck number doesn't matter, but I take the stairs so higher is better.

The stairs are tricky the first time because at deck 15 they move to between the elevator banks instead of outside the elevator banks.

I agree with @SG65CB's logic as we spend a lot of time in the Suite Lounge and at Coastal Kitchen.  If you anticipate spending a lot of time in Central Park, you might want to consider deck 8...no stairs or elevators needed to get to Central Park.  Same with Deck 6 and the Boardwalk.  I believe that all GSs are by the midship elevators so if you will use the elevator to access the SL, the deck is less important.  Some prefer a lower deck to minimize the amount of rocking if the seas get rough, but we've not noticed much of a difference.

• Like 1

I’m currently sitting in a grand suite on Oasis.  We’re on deck 6 and really like it.  One stair down to royal promenade, around the corner to boardwalk and 2 up to Central Park.  I can no longer do lots of stairs due to knee issues, so I’m always going to use the elevator for coastal kitchen and pool deck.  Seven can be an issue since the boardwalk sign extends up.  Because of this you can’t get from one side’s elevator to the other.  So if your cabin is starboard and you take the port elevator, you can’t get there from here!  You have to go up and over and down.  We stayed on 7 once, and late at night I never picked the right elevator!

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/12/2022 at 5:56 PM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

We were in 8660 in Sept. Great location. 

I’m dragging this up because I didn’t really want to start a new thread.  Can you tell me what is across from 8660?  It shows a gray area on deck plans.  I booked 8660 on Allure and noticed the gray area.  I’m hoping it’s not entrance/opening to the elevators area either.  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, slyster said:

I’m dragging this up because I didn’t really want to start a new thread.  Can you tell me what is across from 8660?  It shows a gray area on deck plans.  I booked 8660 on Allure and noticed the gray area.  I’m hoping it’s not entrance/opening to the elevators area either.  Thanks!

Its a crew stairwell

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, slyster said:

No it was a blank long wall and then a steward closet off to the right if your coming out of the cabin door. It was a great location.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416
  • Like 1