First time Regent cruiser (had to cancel our Crystal cruise, you know why...)- questions

the_dylaness

Perhaps my TA should have mentioned the Regent Ambassador program to me (if I’m eligible). On the 14th I booked my first Regent cruise……for the second time. The previous booked cruise (Jan 2022) was canceled.

How do I get a referral? Thx!

8 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Perhaps my TA should have mentioned the Regent Ambassador program to me (if I’m eligible). On the 14th I booked my first Regent cruise……for the second time. The previous booked cruise (Jan 2022) was canceled.

How do I get a referral? Thx!

If you will send me an email, I will provide you with form and my info.

sbk at bellsouth dot net

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2022 at 7:45 PM, marne-c said:

As a waitlist booking, does it count as a "NEW, FULL FARE BOOKING" per the T&C's on the link you cited?

I doubt that you can apply for the Ambassador Credit until the waitlist clears and becomes a firm booking

On 2/24/2022 at 8:49 PM, marne-c said:

I still have a question for you!

I emailed, but no response 

34 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

I doubt that you can apply for the Ambassador Credit until the waitlist clears and becomes a firm booking...I emailed, but no response 

Thanks, @flossie009.  I expect you're correct about the Ambassador Credit.  Our big hope is that we GET a firm booking.  

I didn't seen an email from you, or anyone I didn't recognize, even in my spam file.  No problem -- it can wait.

--Marne

The Regent Ambassador credit request must be made within 14 of booking. I was disappointed my TA didn’t tell me about this, as you should be also. In my case, reading the Regent forum everyday , I caught this in time, but my/our TA should have been all over this from the start!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

The Regent Ambassador credit request must be made within 14 of booking. I was disappointed my TA didn’t tell me about this, as you should be also. In my case, reading the Regent forum everyday , I caught this in time, but my/our TA should have been all over this from the start!

Thanks, I recall that now.

Edited by TomBeckCruise

• 2 weeks later...

@WesW Thanks for posting about the excellent service you received from your TA.  I am actually planning to transfer my current Regent booking from my current TA (who I have used for years) because of their complete lack of assistance with a recent debacle with Flights by Celebrity.  Very sad about this, I've enjoyed working with their company for many cruises, but we are done.  I've never had any issues in the years I worked with them and never asked for any kind of help with anything besides this, but they have been so unresponsive I am leaving them.

How might one find such an awesome TA as the one you seem to have?

2 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

@WesW Thanks for posting about the excellent service you received from your TA.  I am actually planning to transfer my current Regent booking from my current TA (who I have used for years) because of their complete lack of assistance with a recent debacle with Flights by Celebrity.  Very sad about this, I've enjoyed working with their company for many cruises, but we are done.  I've never had any issues in the years I worked with them and never asked for any kind of help with anything besides this, but they have been so unresponsive I am leaving them.

How might one find such an awesome TA as the one you seem to have?

You probably won't get a reply as asking for a TA reference or referral is against Cruise Critic's rules...the best thing to do is to ask your friends or ask people you meet once you get on board.

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

You probably won't get a reply as asking for a TA reference or referral is against Cruise Critic's rules...the best thing to do is to ask your friends or ask people you meet once you get on board.

Yes, I understand... have been a CC member for nearly 17 years 🙂 Just wondering how they found them, because frankly, at over $20k, I'd like to not mess this particular cruise up by keeping with my current TA!

9 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Yes, I understand... have been a CC member for nearly 17 years 🙂 Just wondering how they found them, because frankly, at over $20k, I'd like to not mess this particular cruise up by keeping with my current TA!

Maybe the people on this forum can help you with your booking by sharing tips? Also, I don't think you can transfer a booking and have the commission go with it unless it is within 30 days of booking.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Does a booking need to be transferred within 30 days after making the booking or 30 days before the cruise?

30 days after booking to transfer booking and commission. Plus both TAs have to agree to the transfer. Or it won’t happen. 

Interesting that BOTH TAs must agree- never knew something like that could exist.  

I spoke with two luxury TAs today- both were very nice but both could not come close on the price or "amenities" (ahem, rebates) we had been offered, apparently something about transferring the reservation makes this part harder, I don't know.  I think it sounds like we will be sticking with our current TA for this one (or eating a couple thousand bucks, no thanks, already "donated" to Crystal) but I have a good idea about who I might use in the future.  Thank you all!

Edited by the_dylaness
  • Like 2

You can transfer a booking within 30 days (including commission) without the permission of the broker losing the deal. I have done it. Possible it was a "one off" but it was approved when requested.

Edited by Pcardad