First time solo cruising

CharmCity2000

I am looking forward to my first solo cruise.  I selected 6:00pm dining.  When I travel with my kids I always pick any time because I never know who is going to be where at what time.

For assigned dining—will I be seated with the same people each night?  Will I be seated with other singles?

Guest BasicSailor

You may request seating with the same people. If you're not actually happy with the people your seated with just ask to move when you arrive.

when i cruised solo they would try to put you at a table of other solos 

Usually at a large table

On Spirit class it would over in an side room

we joked we were at the kiddie table😅

Great time, always met a few solos that would click 

But 1 time i was put a table with a family and another couple besides another solo

It was fine but prefer solos

I just cruised solo, back in November, for the first time on a two week cruise. I sat on a big table (table for 8 or 10) with other solo cruisers and we absolutely had a blast. While I rarely saw any of them outside of dinner, several of us did shore excursions together and hit several great beaches. We still keep in touch and plan on doing the same cruise next year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CharmCity2000 said:

I am looking forward to my first solo cruise.  I selected 6:00pm dining.  When I travel with my kids I always pick any time because I never know who is going to be where at what time.

For assigned dining—will I be seated with the same people each night?  Will I be seated with other singles?

If you choose assigned dining, you will be seated at the same table.  If you have a conflict with tablemates, you can ask to be reseated.  Most of the time, solo cruisers are seated with other solos but occasionally couples.  I have only been seated with a family once, along with another solo cruiser.  

I've cruised solo a couple of times but each time I selected YTD and had a table to myself unless I met someone and we ate together. I also have only booked the cruise for one in the past. My questions are:

1. Since I booked this cruise for 2 (hoping to find a companion by cruise time) if I don't fill that spot will the standard no-show at the dock be allowed since there isn't a 2nd person listed.

2. With YTD if I elect to share a table on the HUB can I specify to only share a table with other solos?

TIA

26 minutes ago, BrianMD said:

2. With YTD if I elect to share a table on the HUB can I specify to only share a table with other solos?

TIA

No. It's a slider you slide to yes you want to share a table. Sometimes at dinner even that doesnt happen unless I went early. 

I had more luck with table sharing during brunch and had a blast. Often turned out to be same like minded people.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

No. It's a slider you slide to yes you want to share a table. Sometimes at dinner even that doesnt happen unless I went early. 

I had more luck with table sharing during brunch and had a blast. Often turned out to be same like minded people.

I had the same experience with not actually being seated with others even when I picked it. Not at brunch either. At tea time I sat with a couple and we had a blast. There were only five other people that came to tea so we talked with the staff and chatted with each other for like an hour. 

Brian, as far as showing up at the dock with only one person, that isn’t a big deal. I did that too. They will just refund the port charges for that other “person” and nothing else. You have already paid the double occupancy rate so nothing else changes.