Are the diamond drinks actual paper vouchers?

Bjbilly

17 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

My understanding, is that the server that serves this "Voucher drink", also receives the "Credit" for the gratuity that would have been associated with a regular drink package purchase.

10 hours ago, molly361 said:

First time I have heard that one. 

You understand incorrectly.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 3:27 PM, Hogbay said:

Your choice , my logic cannot possibly comprehend spending , vouchers or not , US $26  on something that is free out of a tap . 🙄

The only reason why I do it is to drive people on internet message boards insane. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, js1357 said:

Can you get more than one beer and keep them unopened?

Yes.  We would and just tell them to not open.  That way if we wanted something cool sitting on the balcony it was right there. Whatever you don't drink you can take home or better yet leave for your cabin steward.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 8:23 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I don't know why anyone would have a care about how someone else chooses to use their C&A vouchers.

Some people just to not thing about things.

But after being reminded, if they want to use their vouchers for water, that is up to them.

I see the discussion is possibly helpful to some people.

Again, not telling you how to use your vouchers, just pointing out some things that someone may not have thought of.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SRF said:

Technically they are supposed to open the beers.

And I have seen some cruises were the would NOT give you the unopened beers.  I watched a guy get very irate over this on one cruise.

Is that true under the new voucher system? I understood the reasoning under the old happy hour rules but it doesn't make as much sense now.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Technically they are supposed to open the beers.

And I have seen some cruises were the would NOT give you the unopened beers.  I watched a guy get very irate over this on one cruise.

40+ cruises and I have never been denied an unopened beer, water, etc. We often get 5/6 at a time. If questioned, get a beer in a screw top can and ask for lid. Or just say you are taking it to cabin.

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

40+ cruises and I have never been denied an unopened beer, water, etc. We often get 5/6 at a time. If questioned, get a beer in a screw top can and ask for lid. Or just say you are taking it to cabin.

What did you use to open beers in the cabin? I never bring my knife that has an opener when I cruise. On Allure I found the handle on a draw worked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What did you use to open beers in the cabin? I never bring my knife that has an opener when I cruise. On Allure I found the handle on a draw worked.

I always carry an old style corkscrew in our first aid kit. The corkscrew l have will also open beer bottles. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I always bring a bottle opener. My favorite amenity is the 4 bottles of San Pellegrino water. They are NOT screw tops. 

😊

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

I have. I have even pleaded, saying “I’m taking it to the show and don’t want to spill it on the way. “. The answer was, “Sorry. That’s the policy.”

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Bottle opener is standard item packed for any trip including a cruise.  I have one in my pack backs, suitcases,

backpack coolers, golf bag, and even built in on a pair of flip flops and bathing suits.  Never leave home without one!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I always carry an old style corkscrew in our first aid kit. The corkscrew l have will also open beer bottles. 

I always have a pocket knife with an opener and corkscrew in my packpack that I never even think about. But after it got taken away once I stopped taking it when travelling. I need to buy something that will get past security.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I always have a pocket knife with an opener and corkscrew in my packpack that I never even think about. But after it got taken away once I stopped taking it when travelling. I need to buy something that will get past security.

The one I take also has a foil cutter knife that is 1.25 inches long. Very similar to this one. 

GROGGY Corkscrew, stainless steel - IKEA

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is what I was thinking. If they don't like my pocket knife that thing will make their eyes bug out.😯

I wouldn't even think about carrying in my carry on. Always in my first aid kit in our checked luggage. Never any issues. I wouldn't have posted what I bring onboard if I had any problems bringing it onboard along with my mustache scissors (2.25" blades). 

Edited by davekathy