The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

5 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Gary, how much is the corkage fee?  Any limit on the number of bottles?

@RocketMan275first thing, great to here from you again. The fees are $15.00 and $30.00 depending on the size of the bottle.  Wine and Champagne only, not spirits.  The link is below. 

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/liquor-beverages 

Cruise well

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Like 1

I want to say thank you to everyone whom is contributing to this stream. I retired at age 60 four years ago.  It was NOT my plan.  I had to find a way to stimulate my brain.  Normal social media just made me made because of all the hate.  I found Cruise Critic in 2019.  You folks really helped me out of being bored out of my mind.  

It is so much fun writing about cruise experiences weather on the Haven, or my Luxury Cruise Test Drive on a Luxury Cruise Brand.  My goal was and is to provide information so that each of you can leverage as much of the experience that your cruise will offer as you like. I always thought that kind of information was missing.

Enough said.  Just thank you everyone.  You make me feel like I am providing benefit which is so important in everyone's life. 

Remember, Cruise well.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@RocketMan275first thing, great to here from you again. The fees are $15.00 and $30.00 depending on the size of the bottle.  Wine and Champagne only, not spirits.  The link is below. 

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/liquor-beverages 

Cruise well

Thank you for that information.  We are in the final stages of preparing for our upcoming cruise on Breakaway.  I got the suitcases out yesterday.  I bought them in 2019 for a cruise that never happened.  Really looking forward to this.  Your information has been most helpful

• Thanks 1

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

Thank you for that information.  We are in the final stages of preparing for our upcoming cruise on Breakaway.  I got the suitcases out yesterday.  I bought them in 2019 for a cruise that never happened.  Really looking forward to this.  Your information has been most helpful.  We'll wave in your general direction as we pass through B'ham.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2022 at 11:43 AM, Sthrngary said:

f you don’t like what is on the Haven Restaurant Menu, tell your server in the afternoon you want something else, and they will do their best to have it for you.  The best examples are filet steaks (normally strip) for your breakfast steak and eggs, lunch menu items for dinner, salmon from the main dining room and the list go on.  Ask and you will receive just give the crew some time to plan.

i just checked the app for my upcoming cruise and the menu still says filet..sigh. so can you request the filet during your seating at breakfast or do you need to book one the day before? i'm assuming since it's on the dinner menu that it's in the kitchen and they dont have to go make new just for you?  

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

i just checked the app for my upcoming cruise and the menu still says filet..sigh. so can you request the filet during your seating at breakfast or do you need to book one the day before? i'm assuming since it's on the dinner menu that it's in the kitchen and they dont have to go make new just for you?  

I think you want it for Steak and Eggs for Breakfast with the Filet.  You need give them 24 hours.  I am sure they would be flexible with you.

Cruise Well

1 hour ago, Kirk2121 said:

We have a 2:30 check in time tomorrow/today.  I think we got the check in time before we got upgraded to Haven.

Planning to show up early.  What's earliest we can show up/board? Thanks

Whatever the earliest check in time on your sailing. It's usually around 9. But you will be waiting till around 11 before boarding as they clear the ship of previous guests. At least you can sit in the small haven lounge. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

Last week on the Joy, we mentioned it at dinner to our waiter.  Few minutes later the maitre came to our table and asked us if my husband wanted it every morning for the rest of the cruise (it was in the beginning of our sailing).   We said we did not know if we were going to be having breakfast in the Haven every morning, but thank you anyway.    The Maitre noted it and it was still available every morning for us.   I noticed on the NCL app a standing reservation for breakfast at the Haven every day for the rest of the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Last week on the Joy, we mentioned it at dinner to our waiter.  Few minutes later the maitre came to our table and asked us if my husband wanted it every morning for the rest of the cruise (it was in the beginning of our sailing).   We said we did not know if we were going to be having breakfast in the Haven every morning, but thank you anyway.    The Maitre noted it and it was still available every morning for us.   I noticed on the NCL app a standing reservation for breakfast at the Haven every day for the rest of the cruise.

ok maybe ill actually ask for it 1st nite so i get it 2nd day at sea and from then on. and for the pricing i do think it was cheap of them to get rid of filet on the menu. regarding reservations i had no idea u could even reserve haven 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

ok maybe ill actually ask for it 1st nite so i get it 2nd day at sea and from then on. and for the pricing i do think it was cheap of them to get rid of filet on the menu. regarding reservations i had no idea u could even reserve haven 

I think the reservation was actually a note on their system that notified them daily of the filet order and not actually a reservation as it had no time attached.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I think the reservation was actually a note on their system that notified them daily of the filet order and not actually a reservation as it had no time attached.   

OK, so here is what I did.  I had posted that I was going to do a Real-Time review of the Joy on my November 27th cruise.  More then one person asked me about the steak at breakfast.  I made a point of asking the server on that very first night about the Filet for breakfast instead of the strip.  They offered it for me the next morning.  

I had both steaks for breakfast.  The Filet was very good however I like strip better personally.  The key here is to give the kitchen a heads up.  They ask for 24 hours but most likely will accommodate us 12 ahead.  

I know this is a different subject.  I had Prime Rib for dinner more then once.  On my second order, I asked if I could also have a lobster tail.  No issue and I was not the only one asking.  

Cruise well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yinster said:

Whatever the earliest check in time on your sailing. It's usually around 9. But you will be waiting till around 11 before boarding as they clear the ship of previous guests. At least you can sit in the small haven lounge. 

I sailed out of Miami last week. First time in the new terminal. I was somewhat disappointed. The outside looks impressive but the inside is not much better than the former terminal. I thought the Haven lounge in the new terminal would be considerably nicer than the old terminal but it’s nothing special. One little table for coffee and a few pastries and fruit. There’s more seating, but that’s about it.

On 2/19/2022 at 10:31 AM, Sthrngary said:

A question for you. How soon did the Bid up offer get sent to you.  45 days before, 30 days before?  Just planning my strategy.  Thanks.

Cruise well.

In January we received an email about 30 days out for the upgrade on the Breakaway from NOLA. However, for our upcoming May 18th Baltic cruise we got the email roughly 90 days out. Essentially, not consistent. It could be because of the Ukraine invasion and NCL removing all Russia ports for the year and they really need the Haven to fill up quickly due to cancellations. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

OK, so here is what I did.  I had posted that I was going to do a Real-Time review of the Joy on my November 27th cruise.  More then one person asked me about the steak at breakfast.  I made a point of asking the server on that very first night about the Filet for breakfast instead of the strip.  They offered it for me the next morning.  

I had both steaks for breakfast.  The Filet was very good however I like strip better personally.  The key here is to give the kitchen a heads up.  They ask for 24 hours but most likely will accommodate us 12 ahead.  

I know this is a different subject.  I had Prime Rib for dinner more then once.  On my second order, I asked if I could also have a lobster tail.  No issue and I was not the only one asking.  

Cruise well.

for dinner id like a filet and crab cake combo. not whats on the menu. good to know shouldnt be an issue. 

Just boarded.  1st time in Haven on Joy.  Easy board

Food delicious in haven restaurant!

They were trying to push free American Diner.  People on here gave good advice to only eat Haven.

We've got 2 specialty meals.  I can only eat so much :). Should we do cagneys & maybe ocean blue & eat twice? 

20220226_124413.jpg

20220226_124421.jpg

20220226_125342.jpg

20220226_130210.jpg

20220226_131510.jpg

20220226_133102.jpg

20220226_133106.jpg

20220226_134057.jpg

20220226_134110.jpg

20220226_134241.jpg

20220226_134508.jpg

20220226_141903.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kirk2121 said:

We've got 2 specialty meals.  I can only eat so much :). Should we do cagneys & maybe ocean blue & eat twice? 

We were going to do Cagney's, but after looking at the Haven dinner menu, they have all the meat I could want there. Also, most say the Haven is better than Cagney's.

• Like 1