Meraviglia---menus and other tips you may have

jamon

MDR menus (Not sure just how current they are,) can be found on a couple of the other Cruising sites.  I think they are posted on the FB groups for the Meraviglia as well.

We are onboard 02/27 for 4 nights.  Looking forward to it!

Here are some of the menus from my cruise on 1/23. I do not remember seeing any meet & greet for Diamond members, but could have missed it. There were less than 600 on that sailing. 

These are not the best quality, but maybe you can read most of them. Apparently my camera lens on my phone was dirty and many of my photos were blurred if you tried to zoom in. 

5E2C2F81-2BA3-487C-9B82-B820B20BEEC0.thumb.jpeg.cc71f600cf96cbe959881905992a2341.jpeg

1B20761E-4A55-4B93-AD8E-48821AB6C94F.jpeg

FDDEC477-3117-475B-A087-2CE5516E2734.jpeg

D08E4229-7F02-428A-A159-ABA12C17D251.jpeg

ED693E36-0F8E-4F35-B3D1-19504157386F.jpeg

0FEEC404-D792-4274-B103-659CBFA6F2C3.jpeg

F19FE949-BBF1-4E4A-97E3-38F6901C3AF8.jpeg

8AF6FFC8-EC5E-49D4-802F-01D303C61840.jpeg

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As far as tips, you can order more than one item from each section of the menu in the dining room. The MSC menus seemed to have a few less items than Royal Caribbean or Carnival and the soups , salads and appetizers are all in one section. I never had an issue finding something to order and enjoyed all of items I did order.

I ordered an appetizer and soup or salad each night. I did not order more than one appetizer or dessert, but I believe you can. Don’t be afraid to try items you may never have eaten before. If you do not care for something, feel free to order something else.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

You asked for tips.  Pizza:  don't miss trying some of their pizzas.  Find the few minutes it takes each day to enjoy the dome over the Atrium's Digital Show.  The mid-ship's pool bartenders make excellent Bloody Marys.  

how is the pizza on MSC compared to other cruise lines if you know?

On 2/13/2022 at 2:46 PM, jamon said:

thanks ...also wondering if they are doing the voyagers club party for diamond and the meet and greet party.....

Nothing that causes gathering…so no Diamond card party, no cruise critic meet ups w officers etc

Masks strictly adhered to…

Testing at pier is quick

VAXdocs and tests are photographed into sailing record

Plenty of room. Ship is immaculate and crew is wonderful 

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

how is the pizza on MSC compared to other cruise lines if you know?

Princess's pizza is usually very good.  HAL's pizza varies from ship to ship because of the different venues (and, I assume, how the pizza is cooked).  The Pinnacle Class ships have a dedicated New York Pizza and Deli venue.  I found the pizza and their deli selections excellent.  Friends currently sailing on Nieuw Statendam, who have eaten pizzas around the world, have found that venue's pizza disappointing.  Carnival's pizza is good.  But, I would rate the pizza that I have eaten at Alfredo's on a Princess ship as being the best with MSC's pizza being a close equal to Alfredo's.  

On 2/13/2022 at 1:15 PM, pr8hd said:

MDR menus (Not sure just how current they are,) can be found on a couple of the other Cruising sites.  I think they are posted on the FB groups for the Meraviglia as well.

We are onboard 02/27 for 4 nights.  Looking forward to it!

By your name, it seems as though you may be a ParrotHead  we have 116 of us on the 2/27 cruise from Latitude Margaritaville in Daytona  I am sure you will see us on board! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Princess's pizza is usually very good.  HAL's pizza varies from ship to ship because of the different venues (and, I assume, how the pizza is cooked).  The Pinnacle Class ships have a dedicated New York Pizza and Deli venue.  I found the pizza and their deli selections excellent.  Friends currently sailing on Nieuw Statendam, who have eaten pizzas around the world, have found that venue's pizza disappointing.  Carnival's pizza is good.  But, I would rate the pizza that I have eaten at Alfredo's on a Princess ship as being the best with MSC's pizza being a close equal to Alfredo's.  

ok thanks.  Now I am hungry to pizza.  but ya know they also say steak can vary from ship to ship in the MDR.  I have been told several times to not order steak in MDR but rather do at a specialty restaurant.

However, on a cruise I took in 2019 I did order steak in the MDR and it was great.   i find conversations about food so interesting.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 4:15 PM, Fogfog said:

Nothing that causes gathering…so no Diamond card party, no cruise critic meet ups w officers etc

Masks strictly adhered to…

Testing at pier is quick

VAXdocs and tests are photographed into sailing record

Plenty of room. Ship is immaculate and crew is wonderful 

Is everyone e tested at pier? 

23 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

For now yes, but you still need to be tested within 2 days before your cruise.  This is just an extra test from MSC.

Ah good to know. We do have test scheduled for Friday morning for Sunday cruise on Mera - so many hoops!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

i find conversations about food so interesting.

As do I.  Regarding cruise ship dining experiences, so much depends upon the Executive Chef in the Galley.  That is the main reason, I think, the guests' satisfaction varies so much with what they are served.  

Then, one gets into a discussion of MDR service.  That can be influenced by whom the Hotel Director, the Culinary Operations Manager, and the Maitre d' is.  

Add to the above the personal preferences/likes/dislikes of guests, that is a reason that the reviews/opinions of dining on ships can be so highly varied.  

6 hours ago, cellfree said:

Is everyone e tested at pier? 

Yes

you must have original vax docs

you must have original testing docs

everyone is tested. If one in your boarding group is positive you are all turned away

On 2/14/2022 at 10:20 PM, PhotoFlo said:

Well, definitely in the same age group.  😁  My first JB show was 1970-something in San Francisco.  

A flock of Parrotheads should be easily spotted.   I have a few questions about Latitude life & communities that people in your group maybe can help me with.

See ya then!

Edited by pr8hd

12 hours ago, pr8hd said:

Well, definitely in the same age group.  😁  My first JB show was 1970-something in San Francisco.  

A flock of Parrotheads should be easily spotted.   I have a few questions about Latitude life & communities that people in your group maybe can help me with.

See ya then!

Many of us will be wearing a blue/green shirt that says Cruise Crew.  If you see any of us, be sure to stop and and ask.  General answers will be “We love it!” And “Best decision we ever made!”  Looking forward to meeting you on board!

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 10:34 PM, pr8hd said:

See ya then!

You may also find us wearing different variations of shirts with Jimmy’s Daytona Hood.