Marina Feb 11-23

gardenbunny

This is our first Oceania. Thanks to all the info before we boarded. The pre-cruise testing tent process went well - we are only 378 - could not imagine if it had been 1,000. 
Food has been phenomenal- Oceania definitely earns their accolades for best food at sea. We ate at Polo first night and GDR last night. I need to keep a running count on how many times I have said “oh my, this is so good”. 
Tonight Jacques. 
Terrace Cafe and Waves are as excellent as everyone stated. 
The ship is beautiful - a mix of grand meets elegant meets modern styling. 
The crew is so friendly and service is very nice. 
Entertainment has been good. There will be no shows - ship singers and dancers are regrouping from illnesses and will start again next cruise. But we had a nice opening night show with other on board entertainment - singers, string quartet, band from Horizons, piano from Martinis - 

Last night was Pianist Linda Gentille - totally awesome.  Tonight is ventriloquist Jerry Goodspeed - but could have some competition from the Super Bowl party that will be shown in Horizons at 6:30. 
First port in Aruba Monday morning at 11:00. No test required and free to go off ship and explore on your own. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gardenbunny said:

This is our first Oceania. Thanks to all the info before we boarded. The pre-cruise testing tent process went well - we are only 378 - could not imagine if it had been 1,000. 
Food has been phenomenal- Oceania definitely earns their accolades for best food at sea. We ate at Polo first night and GDR last night. I need to keep a running count on how many times I have said “oh my, this is so good”. 
Tonight Jacques. 
Terrace Cafe and Waves are as excellent as everyone stated. 
The ship is beautiful - a mix of grand meets elegant meets modern styling. 
The crew is so friendly and service is very nice. 
Entertainment has been good. There will be no shows - ship singers and dancers are regrouping from illnesses and will start again next cruise. But we had a nice opening night show with other on board entertainment - singers, string quartet, band from Horizons, piano from Martinis - 

Last night was Pianist Linda Gentille - totally awesome.  Tonight is ventriloquist Jerry Goodspeed - but could have some competition from the Super Bowl party that will be shown in Horizons at 6:30. 
First port in Aruba Monday morning at 11:00. No test required and free to go off ship and explore on your own. 

Glad you’re enjoying the cruise.  Hopefully, all passengers will comply with the mask requirements and save the ship’s Master from having to make some less-than-desirable decisions.

gardenbunny - We're on the Marina's Feb. 23 cruise.  With the low passenger count on your cruise, are the usual daily activities like afternoon and evening trivia still being held?  We were on the Riviera in December with a little over 700 passengers and the ship felt uncrowded, so with less than 400 passengers, it must feel pretty empty.  Probably not a problem to get additional specialty restaurant reservations?

Thank you for posting, enjoy your cruise, and looking forward to reading any additional observations you have of your cruise experience.  Cheers!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lj77346 said:

gardenbunny - We're on the Marina's Feb. 23 cruise.  With the low passenger count on your cruise, are the usual daily activities like afternoon and evening trivia still being held?  We were on the Riviera in December with a little over 700 passengers and the ship felt uncrowded, so with less than 400 passengers, it must feel pretty empty.  Probably not a problem to get additional specialty restaurant reservations?

Thank you for posting, enjoy your cruise, and looking forward to reading any additional observations you have of your cruise experience.  Cheers!

We're also on the Feb 23rd cruise.  Counting down the days, so excited.  My wife will be celebrating her 60th birthday onboard. 

Yes, there is trivia onboard.  The food is great, as always.  The pastries are divine!  Most dining facilities, Horizons, Martinis, etc. all have tables closed off so that there is sufficient covid spacing.  With 380 passengers it is not a problem.  The crew can't do enough for us, very attentive.  I cannot carry a plate back to my table in Terrace Cafe without an offer to carry it for me.  Boarding was easy, 45 minutes from arrival to walking onboard.  Covid testing was about 15 minutes.  Very well-organized.  Oceania knows how to do everything well.  We are now watching the Super Bowl in our stateroom.  They even have a Super Bowl pool. It feels so good to be back onboard Oceania!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We were only tested before boarding.  Not since.  We haven't been told if we will need testing before entry to any ports, but I doubt it.  I have not been told if anyone is in quarantine. The cruise is wonderful, the food is wonderful, and life is so good!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Twiga said:

We were only tested before boarding.  Not since.  We haven't been told if we will need testing before entry to any ports, but I doubt it.  I have not been told if anyone is in quarantine. The cruise is wonderful, the food is wonderful, and life is so good!

Great to hear things are going so well. 

With so few passengers the need for masks is not a big issue. People are doing the right thing to have them on around the buffet and walking through inside areas but they are not crowded at all. And we rarely see anyone in our cabin corridor or on an elevator. And tables are spaced as “not available” so as not to sit by anyone. 
And they will be optional March 1.