Height of cabins on the QE

palive22

Hi all, 

I am due to sail on the QE in a couple of months with my partner who is 6’6” (199cm). Do you think the cabin will be high enough so he can stand up straight? 

I understand that the shower in the cabin will be too small but he’s okay with that. Does anyone know if the showers in the gym are taller?

We are in a balcony cabin if this makes any difference. 

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palive22 said:

Hi all, 

I am due to sail on the QE in a couple of months with my partner who is 6’6” (199cm). Do you think the cabin will be high enough so he can stand up straight? 

I understand that the shower in the cabin will be too small but he’s okay with that. Does anyone know if the showers in the gym are taller?

We are in a balcony cabin if this makes any difference. 

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!

BIL is 6/4 and there has never been a concern as to the door frame height, or that of a ceiling.

Think majority of staterooms are identical in height.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just add my bit here as a 6'6'' fella as well. Getting around isn't an issue as the ceilings are high enough all over the ship. My main issue is with the showers, the ceilings there are high enough, but with the shower head, at best you have to duck down to get your head wet (Britannia) or it is easier just to have a bath (good size in PG) as the shower there comes in at mid chest height, can't comment on QG. I've never used the showers in the gym, and wouldn't consider them as an alternative to the Britannia ones, the faff of getting up to deck 9 far out weighs the inconvenience of ducking sightly to rinse your hair twice a day. Beds are excellent though and plenty long enough. I don't have any problems with leg room either, in any venue. My biggest/only real annoyance is with the placement of the treadmills in the gym on QE and QV (QM2 is fine) the ceiling there is too low to jog for most of them and for a couple where there's a step in the ceiling, they are placed so that if you get pitched forward by the ships motion, you end up bashing your head on the edge of the step in the ceiling, not an problem though if you aren't interested in that.

Edited by rakkor

8 hours ago, rakkor said:

I'll just add my bit here as a 6'6'' fella as well. Getting around isn't an issue as the ceilings are high enough all over the ship. My main issue is with the showers, the ceilings there are high enough, but with the shower head, at best you have to duck down to get your head wet (Britannia) or it is easier just to have a bath (good size in PG) as the shower there comes in at mid chest height, can't comment on QG. I've never used the showers in the gym, and wouldn't consider them as an alternative to the Britannia ones, the faff of getting up to deck 9 far out weighs the inconvenience of ducking sightly to rinse your hair twice a day. Beds are excellent though and plenty long enough. I don't have any problems with leg room either, in any venue. My biggest/only real annoyance is with the placement of the treadmills in the gym on QE and QV (QM2 is fine) the ceiling there is too low to jog for most of them and for a couple where there's a step in the ceiling, they are placed so that if you get pitched forward by the ships motion, you end up bashing your head on the edge of the step in the ceiling, not an problem though if you aren't interested in that.

Thank you for getting back to me with this information - very helpful. It sounds like he will be okay and with no diagonal sleeping required! 🙂 

2 hours ago, Underwatr said:

The shower head can be removed from the bracket holding it so you can also aim it at your head to reduce the need to duck down.

Hmm - pretty sure the one in our QE inside cabin was firmly attached to the wall... 

9 hours ago, Underwatr said:

The shower head can be removed from the bracket holding it so you can also aim it at your head to reduce the need to duck down.

Well I never knew that - Is it the same in PG?