Just want a beach!

tonik58

• 4 weeks later...

Can you rent lounges and umbrellas?  How is the access to the water--steep, rocky?  Are there changing facilities and restrooms?  How far from the port and about how much is the cab fare and is it easy to get a cab to get back to the ship?

On 3/14/2022 at 2:39 PM, peanut head said:

Can you rent lounges and umbrellas?  How is the access to the water--steep, rocky?  Are there changing facilities and restrooms?  How far from the port and about how much is the cab fare and is it easy to get a cab to get back to the ship?

Go to Beach Limerz on Fort James Beach...it is a short 10 minute cab ride to get there.  It is a great beach, a great beach bar with great food, drink, and service, and the beach is usually not very crowded, even on weekends. Here is my youtube video of our day there in February, 2022. Email  Gail  ( info@beachlimerz.com) and she will arrange a cab for you ( $7 pp)... tell her Jim and Toni told you to go to Beach Limerz. It will make her smile. Although I would not recommend doing so, our friends walked there from the ship..it's THAT close.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 6:16 AM, SonuvaBeach said:

Go to Beach Limerz on Fort James Beach...it is a short 10 minute cab ride to get there.  It is a great beach, a great beach bar with great food, drink, and service, and the beach is usually not very crowded, even on weekends. Here is my youtube video of our day there in February, 2022. Email  Gail  ( info@beachlimerz.com) and she will arrange a cab for you ( $7 pp)... tell her Jim and Toni told you to go to Beach Limerz. It will make her smile. Although I would not recommend doing so, our friends walked there from the ship..it's THAT close.

Why did you think that your friends shouldn't walk?  How long did the walk take them?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
12 hours ago, susi_q said:

Looks like a really great option … is there any reef/coral/sea life that would make it good snorkeling? What are the facilities available for changing? Rinsing off? 

There is no reef at Fort James Beach...it is sandy bottom several hundred yards out. Also, Beach Limerz has recently come under new management. I  have not met the new people, so I can not attest to the quality of food , service or facilities there now.

On 1/2/2023 at 6:21 AM, SonuvaBeach said:

There is no reef at Fort James Beach...it is sandy bottom several hundred yards out. Also, Beach Limerz has recently come under new management. I  have not met the new people, so I can not attest to the quality of food , service or facilities there now.

I was at  Beach Limerz in December. The food was ok and the bar was cute, but I would not recommend it for a beach destination

• 10 months later...