"LIVE From" Navigator 3-Day Cruise 02/18/22 - 02/21/22

HBCcruiser

6 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

We had a fun day doing the wine tour. I think I’d rather hit the second winery on my own next time but we had a good time. The weather turned rather chilly - ok in the 60s but that’s cold for us SoCal gals! I did grow up in NJ but my blood thinned over the last 30 years. 😂😜

When we moved from CT to FL I swore I’d never ever be one of those people who are always cold, always wearing a jacket. 18 years later, yea, I’m now one of those people! I always have a jacket, and the jackets keep getting heavier! 😂🤣😱

Thank you for taking us along with you on your cruise. Sounds like you’ve had a great time!

Dinner was in Hooked. The food was good. I had the oysters Rockefeller and surf and turf and the guys had oysters and the lobster. I could not eat the oysters. We think they forgot to bake them in butter. It was weird. The rest of the food was good.

4C992D34-180A-4A64-92B5-E607A8FB5B49.jpeg

28326950-9737-4074-8F9C-361EEDA3E23B.jpeg

528648BB-0B64-4DBC-8FBD-20F833ED9D85.jpeg

28F1E545-7A93-4127-B32C-68BA2082070A.jpeg

473FA703-FA0F-4455-86E3-9C41B82753E0.jpeg

• Like 1

After dinner we hit the craps table. I ended up and doubled my $$. The comedian was hilarious! See him if you get a chance and if you are not easily offended.😂

We ended the night enjoying the Hush dance party. I call it the silent disco. Great fun!

My final eggs Benedict;BB09C51A-44B9-46EF-BDBD-FB1A9DB902CC.thumb.jpeg.d897e4448a264c069b340cfe80b11647.jpeg

We were off the ship and in our car in about 15 min. If you need to make an early flight pay a porter to take your luggage for you. They walk you to the front of one of the customs lines and you are out of the terminal fast. 

The weather is very cool today with spotty rain. We picked a good weekend to sail. Back to work tomorrow. Boo. 

Thanks for following along. Until next time….

Happy sailing! 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

My final eggs Benedict;BB09C51A-44B9-46EF-BDBD-FB1A9DB902CC.thumb.jpeg.d897e4448a264c069b340cfe80b11647.jpeg

We were off the ship and in our car in about 15 min. If you need to make an early flight pay a porter to take your luggage for you. They walk you to the front of one of the customs lines and you are out of the terminal fast. 

The weather is very cool today with spotty rain. We picked a good weekend to sail. Back to work tomorrow. Boo. 

Thanks for following along. Until next time….

Happy sailing! 

I just caught up on your trip report! It was great! Wish we could have met up but we didn’t get the internet package so we were totally off the grid. Your meals looked fabulous and beautiful suite! 

3 minutes ago, PaddleAddict said:

I just caught up on your trip report! It was great! Wish we could have met up but we didn’t get the internet package so we were totally off the grid. Your meals looked fabulous and beautiful suite! 

The internet was not very good or strong so you didn’t miss much. I hope you had a great cruise too. 

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

The internet was not very good or strong so you didn’t miss much. I hope you had a great cruise too. 

We had a great cruise! The kids were absolutely blown away by the ship. My little one was crying this morning on our way out saying he didn’t want to leave the ship. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just reading through this thread. Thanks for taking us along. Great job! We board a week from today. Received good news via email from the “Royal Up” fairy this morning. Haven’t cruised on RCI in eight years as Celebrity has been our choice but happy to have an RCI ship back on the west coast. This will be our fourth sailing on the NV and one of our favorite RCI ships.

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

Just reading through this thread. Thanks for taking us along. Great job! We board a week from today. Received good news via email from the “Royal Up” fairy this morning. Haven’t cruised on RCI in eight years as Celebrity has been our choice but happy to have an RCI ship back on the west coast. This will be our fourth sailing on the NV and one of our favorite RCI ships.

Enjoy! 

2 minutes ago, BazingAu said:

@HBCcruiserAre they giving out Cruise Compasses again? Or do you need to get them from somewhere?

I asked the concierge to provide them and he had our cabin attendant bring them nightly. He old us that Royal is moving towards 100% paperless though.

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaddleAddict said:

I bet they had a lot fewer people on board compared to our cruise that left 2/18. Captain said more than 2,000 aboard our sailing.

Actually this is President’s week which historically is one of the biggest cruise weeks of the year which is why I’m assuming RCI made todays cruise a seven night sailing. Disneyland is packed this week. Reservations have been almost impossible to find this week. 

7 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Actually this is President’s week which historically is one of the biggest cruise weeks of the year which is why I’m assuming RCI made todays cruise a seven night sailing. Disneyland is packed this week. Reservations have been almost impossible to find this week. 

Oh did they? I didn’t realize it was a 7-day! My kid only had last Friday and today off … we are local. But maybe people in other states get more time off.

Edited by PaddleAddict