When will covid test stop being required?

B113

2 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Think about this for a moment though... you'd need to show you got a booster within the last six months (before a cruise).  That's going to be a lot of cards.  I mean if the vaccine "wears off" in six months, doesn't it stand to reason the booster (same formula) does also? 

Yes it does.  They are discussing approving another booster in the fall.  I have a feeling we will need them semi annually until they create one that works for longer. 
All 3 of my shots are on one card. 

2 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Think about this for a moment though... you'd need to show you got a booster within the last six months (before a cruise).  That's going to be a lot of cards.  I mean if the vaccine "wears off" in six months, doesn't it stand to reason the booster (same formula) does also? 

I just read an article in one of the Detroit TV online sites that said officials may recommend a second booster in the fall.  I will give up cruising if boosters are required.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SheSailsFL said:

Yes it does.  They are discussing approving another booster in the fall.  I have a feeling we will need them semi annually until they create one that works for longer. 
All 3 of my shots are on one card. 

Recent articles just out suggest that for

those under 50, boosters may not be needed (possible they are never needed).   The research they are citing looked at T cell response.  Very few studies have looked at T cell response because antibody response is cheap and easy to study relative to the T cell function of the immune system.  But the immune system is way more than just antibodies.  

All of this needs to involve context and

it is way more more complicated than just a booster providing protection.   Length and strength of protection varies so much depending on age, health, etc.  Add to this that those who got Covid have some protection too.   The good news is they now estimate 80% of the US will have immunity of some type (vaccine or prior infection) by mid March.  So most people will now have a great deal of protection against serious outcomes barring drastic mutations.  

On 2/18/2022 at 2:30 PM, ymsc said:

I didn't say it would the ONLY test, just that my TA said they might start accepting them.   Considering you can get 8 tests per month per person you can test before flying and then do what ever is needed at the port.

I don't think there is any way they would monitor people taking tests at the terminal. Boarding day is busy enough without trying to do testing as well. I would also like to think that they would like to know a day or two ahead that a person tested positive. 

33 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Did you give up cruising because you should get a flu shot annually?

Cruise lines have never required you to have a flu shot to sail.  So I am not sure what point you are trying to convey.  And before you ask, I have never had a flu shot and never have had the flu.

• Like 1