When will covid test stop being required?

B113

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Why do you say that ?

How does one's personal opinion on when on when testing will stop effect anything, it does not.  We can all surely have one, but they really don't mean a thing if they don't got that swing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

How does one's personal opinion on when on when testing will stop effect anything, it does not.  We can all surely have one, but they really don't mean a thing if they don't got that swing.

I cannot fathom a society in which opinions are frowned on.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

I don't care what kind of summer vacation the "government" wants...they can do and go wherever they want if they have the vacation time.

Unfortunately, foreign ports of call make the rules for the people entering their country. This testing requirement is not a choice the lines make in a bubble.

They have outside entities that force their hands. It is what it is. No matter our opinions or feelings.

We can advocate for change in our own country at the ballot box, but we have little influence on foreign governments outside of our tourist dollars.

If their testing requirements is seen to be detrimental to the tourist dollars coming in and the risk to their population has waned to a point they are comfortable with, that is when we will see those requirements change, followed by the lines testing requirements, in sync with each other.

• Like 2

Our first cruise after restart (on Celebrity Edge) was testless and maskless for vaccinated because June-July where relatively quite in terms of spreading.

Edited by Tatka

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot fathom a society in which opinions are frowned on.

I don't think anyone is saying you can't have an opinion.  Heck, they're not even saying you can't voice that opinion.  I believe the point is IN THIS CASE, our opinions don't matter.  If Royal (or the CDC) was going to listen to what the majority believe, THEN the opinions "matter". 

If 100% of CC said "testing AND mandatory masks should end on March 1.", do you think that will change policy?  That's why "it doesn't matter".  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Another good sign is I saw online that crew members are now allowed to get off ship at certain ports and relax, shop, whatever.     They must be thrilled!

And if they test positive but remain asymptomatic they only have to quarantine for 3 days.   I am sure this is helping with any anxiety crew members have had about their weekly testing.

I predict testing will be gone by summer as long as no nasty mutants show up😁

Captain Per on Odyssey made that statement while we were at breakfast in CK last week.  We all clapped and cheered for the crew.  🙂  Waitstaff in that restaurant are top notch and so welcoming, happy to hear they finally get to go ashore.  

• Like 3

When talking with my TA this week she said there are talks about them accepting the OTC tests and having them available at the terminal for $10.  She also made it sound like protocols will be changing again before mid March.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ymsc said:

When talking with my TA this week she said there are talks about them accepting the OTC tests and having them available at the terminal for $10.  She also made it sound like protocols will be changing again before mid March.

OTC tests will never be accepted; i they were to accept those, then they should eliminate testing since there is no accountability.

• Like 2

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

OTC tests will never be accepted; i they were to accept those, then they should eliminate testing since there is no accountability.

Not if they have you do the test while you are there.  Only takes 15 minutes.

• Like 2

As all of our opinions are....remember this.....I will be going on a land trip to Europe, and will not need a test before I leave the USA, just my vaccine and booster.  However, coming home, I have to scramble in a foreign country to find a test 24 hours prior my flight home, or be denied entry into my home. 

The testing is not about the science, but rather about politics right now.  So my opinion is sometime in 2024

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

And how many people would pay hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to fly cross country to be turned away?

I didn't say it would the ONLY test, just that my TA said they might start accepting them.   Considering you can get 8 tests per month per person you can test before flying and then do what ever is needed at the port.

• Like 2