For you upgrade pros.....Help me out.

resetjet

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

From the RoyalUP T&C:

“As a reminder, each bid is considered its own offer and reviewed independently of one another. Only 1 of your bids can be accepted and acceptance is based on availability.”

The discussion here is about winning DIFFERENT Royal Ups - you obviously can’t win more than once on a single round of bids - that’s what that policy is talking about. You can win a Royal Up and usually you get to bid on different sets of cabins afterwards. The reason we have not heard about this is that the wins have come so close to sailing that there was no time for new offers and a second win. Again, we have had at least one report of someone winning a Royal Up, then a few days later placing another bid on different set of cabins and winning again (I believe the sequence was inside->balcony->GS). 

Granted, RCI and Plusgrade could have changed something recently to somehow preclude that, but it was possible in the recent past ( the report of the multiple wins was since the restart). 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 5:50 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Our RoyalUp bid was accepted on 2/11.  The cruise is on 2/26.  I checked back each day since it was accepted.   I just logged in again to see if another offer is available.  It still lists our previous bids with the one that was accepted showing UPGRADED.  Nothing about bidding again on suites.

Anything today?

No new offers for me; it’s been over four days now.  I’m not expecting new ones any longer; it’s too late.

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The discussion here is about winning DIFFERENT Royal Ups - you obviously can’t win more than once on a single round of bids - that’s what that policy is talking about. You can win a Royal Up and usually you get to bid on different sets of cabins afterwards. The reason we have not heard about this is that the wins have come so close to sailing that there was no time for new offers and a second win. Again, we have had at least one report of someone winning a Royal Up, then a few days later placing another bid on different set of cabins and winning again (I believe the sequence was inside->balcony->GS). 

Granted, RCI and Plusgrade could have changed something recently to somehow preclude that, but it was possible in the recent past ( the report of the multiple wins was since the restart). 

I really want that to work, but it has not worked for me.  If plusgrade still doing it, it does seem to be taking a while for them to generate a new set of offers.  Since one’s first win often comes fairly close to cruise departure, one’s odds of a second bidding opportunity in time for it to still be meaningful do not seem all that great.

Edited by Starry Eyes

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

Since one’s first win often comes fairly close to cruise departure, one’s odds of a second bidding opportunity in time for it to still be meaningful do not seem all that great.

This and as someone already mentioned the chances are that there will be very few cabins left. The chances of winning the first one are already small -  the chances of winning twice are very small. 

Update, we got the balcony upgrade at min bid of $150 each.  We are 13 days out.  However, there is no option on the royal up page yet to manipulate anything.  From all I have gathered, there is no way to "rebid" now from balcony to suite.  I will keep checking each day.  If it happens, I will post.

29 minutes ago, resetjet said:

Update, we got the balcony upgrade at min bid of $150 each.  We are 13 days out.  However, there is no option on the royal up page yet to manipulate anything.  From all I have gathered, there is no way to "rebid" now from balcony to suite.  I will keep checking each day.  If it happens, I will post.

Was your bid to an outside balcony or a neighborhood balcony? We have sailed on neighborhood balconies on 3, soon to be 4, Oasis class ships and never got a Royal Up option to full suite class, only junior suites, OV balconies and the spacious family cabin.

2 hours ago, ginadcnj said:

Was your bid to an outside balcony or a neighborhood balcony? We have sailed on neighborhood balconies on 3, soon to be 4, Oasis class ships and never got a Royal Up option to full suite class, only junior suites, OV balconies and the spacious family cabin.

Outside balcony.

As I said before we bid on an up grade to JR. Suite & we won now the kicker is we had b/b & they took our bidfor both weeks & we were charged double. So from what I gather if you are going on a b/b & you bid for an up-grade & win you pay for both weeks.

george35

1 hour ago, george35 said:

As I said before we bid on an up grade to JR. Suite & we won now the kicker is we had b/b & they took our bidfor both weeks & we were charged double. So from what I gather if you are going on a b/b & you bid for an up-grade & win you pay for both weeks.

george35

So i guess on a btb cruise you only have one booking number???  Its same cabin for two weeks?  

13 hours ago, resetjet said:

So i guess on a btb cruise you only have one booking number?  

No, they would be seperate bookings with independent Royal Up bids - that poster just happened to win both at the same time (probably very rare).

Edited by Biker19

16 hours ago, george35 said:

george35

Did you actually get the JS upgrade for the second week, or were you charged for something that you did not receive?

Like a couple of other posters here I've been checking to see if I can update my Royalup bid after having a bid for a spacious oceanview accepted.  I decided to call Royal Caribbean and ask if I will be able to and was told "no,  Only one Royalup per bid."  My Royalup bid was accepted early in Feb the day I received the email with offers and my cruise is not til later in March.

4 hours ago, terpshockey77 said:

Like a couple of other posters here I've been checking to see if I can update my Royalup bid after having a bid for a spacious oceanview accepted.  I decided to call Royal Caribbean and ask if I will be able to and was told "no,  Only one Royalup per bid."  My Royalup bid was accepted early in Feb the day I received the email with offers and my cruise is not til later in March.

The other question is,  now that we are in a higher category,  what would be the upgrade price if you just call and ask to pay for an upgrade after your royal up bid.  So for instance if you got a js from a balcony,  do you pay balcony to crown loft,  or js to crown loft,  or is it simply $$$ for $$$

12 hours ago, resetjet said:

or is it simply $$$ for $$$

This - you pay whatever the going rate is, doesn't matter what cabin you are in. However, what you can do, and until capacities go up you may have a good chance to get, is ask for an upgrade on board. Then, the upgrade price does depend on which cabin you are in and the price could be even lower than the min in Royal Up.

On 2/23/2022 at 6:35 AM, Biker19 said:

This - you pay whatever the going rate is, doesn't matter what cabin you are in. However, what you can do, and until capacities go up you may have a good chance to get, is ask for an upgrade on board. Then, the upgrade price does depend on which cabin you are in and the price could be even lower than the min in Royal Up.

I'll give it a shot. 

On 2/22/2022 at 1:18 PM, terpshockey77 said:

So, your new offers came more than 2 weeks after your first bid was accepted?

No, I only had the one email to bid, made the bids that day, and received the acceptance that day.  No other emails to bid with over a month out.  I thought that I had plenty of time to change my bids because of my experience last year of not receiving the acceptance til less than a week before the cruise. 

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I saw where someone sailing march 20 got their notice today of acceptance. I'm waiting for the following week march 27..so might hear within the week. First time so it's just for fun.

I would expect first business day within 2 weeks of sailing.  That is what just happened to us.

1 hour ago, resetjet said:

I would expect first business day within 2 weeks of sailing.  That is what just happened to us.

The last two upgrades we received did not get notified until 4-5 days before the cruise. On our 2/27 Harmony, it looked like they started assigning upgrade cabins on Monday afternoon.

So we were upgraded on a recent Freedom sailing. Won it within days of bidding and 3.5 weeks before we sailed. Never offered to bid again. I checked several times just to see, and it always just said UPGRADED. Others reported the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I saw where someone sailing march 20 got their notice today of acceptance. I'm waiting for the following week march 27..so might hear within the week. First time so it's just for fun.

Good luck! I'm waiting to hear about March 27 too.

23 hours ago, orville99 said:

The last two upgrades we received did not get notified until 4-5 days before the cruise. On our 2/27 Harmony, it looked like they started assigning upgrade cabins on Monday afternoon.

We sail on Harmony this Sunday, and we just received our upgrade email to a CLS for the 50% off minimum bid of $300/pp. Good thing we both tested negative this morning.😀

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We sail on Harmony this Sunday, and we just received our upgrade email to a CLS for the 50% off minimum bid of $300/pp. Good thing we both tested negative this morning.😀

You going to bid, what category cabin do you have now.

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You going to bid, what category cabin do you have now.

We put the bid on a CLS at 7:42 this morning, and received the Congratulations email and new stateroom assignment at 3:03 this afternoon. When I checked the booking engine this morning, there were still 5 CLS (all side-facing) available, so I took a flyer just for yucks to see what would happen.