Oceania air to LAX

garyc20

Well, since aside from Southwest, the only flights into LGB are:

Delta - three daily from Salt Lake City

American - once daily from Phoenix

American - once daily from Dallas

I would wager that any air contracts would be in and out of LAX.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Included air is not part of O Life

How did you come to that conclusion?   It clearly states that it is and we’ve used it in the past.   For our upcoming cruise we’ve taken O-Life and have spun out the air since we’re driving to the port, thus receiving a reduction in cost by what they call an air credit.   

18 minutes ago, LNielsen said:

How did you come to that conclusion?   It clearly states that it is and we’ve used it in the past.   For our upcoming cruise we’ve taken O-Life and have spun out the air since we’re driving to the port, thus receiving a reduction in cost by what they call an air credit.   

They are really separate.   Oceania's marketing of these options is quite confusing, perhaps on purpose, as they market OLife with Air as "package."  When you look at the online pricing, this package is called OLife Fare w/Airfare, so it's pretty specific that there is an OLife fare and a separate airfare.  You can choose OLife with air; OLife without air. air without OLife, or cruise only (no OLife and no air).  OLife is imply a choice on one of three options, which you pay for in the price of the cruise with OLife alone (OLife Fare).

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

They are really separate.   Oceania's marketing of these options is quite confusing, perhaps on purpose, as they market OLife with Air as "package."  When you look at the online pricing, this package is called OLife Fare w/Airfare, so it's pretty specific that there is an OLife fare and a separate airfare.  You can choose OLife with air; OLife without air. air without OLife, or cruise only (no OLife and no air).  OLife is imply a choice on one of three options, which you pay for in the price of the cruise with OLife alone (OLife Fare).

Thank you for this explanation.   In nearly 19 years of sailing with O I have never realized this.  Our exceptional TA has always worked her magic on our behalf so we have never bothered to look at this in depth.    

10 minutes ago, LNielsen said:

Thank you for this explanation.   In nearly 19 years of sailing with O I have never realized this.  Our exceptional TA has always worked her magic on our behalf so we have never bothered to look at this in depth.    

You're welcome...and not alone.  Buried in many of the threads on this Board, confusion over this distinction has been a reoccurring subtopic.  I wish that O would be clear up front, but who am I to tell them marketing strategy?

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LNielsen said:

exactly 

now depending on what O life perk you chose  (lots of discussions here on that option)

You could just take the cruise only fare  unless you do the excursion deal or drink a lot  you end up paying for O Life  OBC 

8 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

exactly 

now depending on what O life perk you chose  (lots of discussions here on that option)

You could just take the cruise only fare  unless you do the excursion deal or drink a lot  you end up paying for O Life  OBC 

DH likes the to take the drink package, hence our using O-Life.   I wouldn’t say he drinks a lot, he just doesn’t like a surprise bill at the end of the cruise.   We tend to do our own excursions so that’s not an issue.  

Sorry she should have advised you..

Jancruz1

15 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

exactly 

Some people not realizing they are getting their own money back only NON-REFUNDABLE

take the OBC..which is the worst option (IMHO)..I have seen where people say they dont want a bill at the end so they are willing to pay up front..then the last day running around to buy something to use the money..thats left over... I always feel people have their own ideas of what is best for them..

Jancruz1

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Sorry she should have advised you..

Jancruz1

You both have always handled things beautifully.   I have no idea how to do what you do, I just know you’ve always taken exceptional care of us 😊 I can’t imagine why the need to advise would come into play.   

Edited by LNielsen

DH likes the to take the drink package, hence our using O-Life.   I wouldn’t say he drinks a lot, he just doesn’t like a surprise bill at the end of the cruise.   We tend to do our own excursions so that’s not an issue.  

We do not drink a lot but usually have enough OBC from other sources to cover them 😉

• Like 1

As a note...  Uber and taxi are or have been prohibited from dropping off or picking up at LAX which is undergoing heavy constructing pre Olympics in a few years.     The new LAX plan is  for you to be dropped at the Transportation center off site...  There, you have to board an airport bus ( free)   Id check LAX as it is really screwed up there

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

As a note...  Uber and taxi are or have been prohibited from dropping off or picking up at LAX which is undergoing heavy constructing pre Olympics in a few years.     The new LAX plan is  for you to be dropped at the Transportation center off site...  There, you have to board an airport bus ( free)   Id check LAX as it is really screwed up there

Dan

Are you sure about this?  My understanding is that Uber can drop folks off at the various terminals, but pickup from the terminals is centralized...i.e. go to a  terminal spot for the bus for a free trip to where the  Ubers  are lined up and waiting.  I tried to Google the current rules, but I couldn't find any change from this  scenario.  Do you have a link that shows the change?

Edited by 1985rz1

13 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Dan

Are you sure about this?  My understanding is that Uber can drop folks off at the various terminals, but pickup from the terminals is centralized...i.e. go to a  terminal spot for the bus for a free trip to where the  Ubers  are lined up and waiting.  I tried to Google the current rules, but I couldn't find any change from this  scenario.  Do you have a link that shows the change?

My understanding is it was for both drop and pick up....   I quit using LAX  when it started      ONT, SAN, SNA, BUR< PSP.       So no  I have not seen the policy.    However, the scene is really messed up with construction these days... see it on TV every day... some problem.     For Long beach cruises  I would fly to SNA  NOT LAX     it is about the same dist.