Oceania air to LAX

garyc20

On 2/22/2022 at 12:07 PM, Hawaiidan said:

My understanding is it was for both drop and pick up....   I quit using LAX  when it started      ONT, SAN, SNA, BUR< PSP.       So no  I have not seen the policy.    However, the scene is really messed up with construction these days... see it on TV every day... some problem.     For Long beach cruises  I would fly to SNA  NOT LAX     it is about the same dist.

We travel in and out of LAX frequently due to family in Orange County. Two key points here: 1.  Uber and Lyft drop us off at the appropriate terminal just as they always have. No changes for drop offs. Rideshare pickups are done from a central location. Unless you are flying SW into terminal One which is adjacent to the rideshare pickup area, you do have the extra hassle of taking a bus to rideshare pickup area. 2. It is certainly preferable to fly into Santa Ana (SNA)..more flights than Long Beach airport, but still far far fewer (and often more expensive) flight options than LAX). 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 11:35 AM, Jancruz said:

Some people not realizing they are getting their own money back only NON-REFUNDABLE

take the OBC..which is the worst option (IMHO)..I have seen where people say they dont want a bill at the end so they are willing to pay up front..then the last day running around to buy something to use the money..thats left over... I always feel people have their own ideas of what is best for them..

Jancruz1

You are so right, we purchased on of the turning world globes—-did we need it/want it? No, but now we have one.

13 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

You are so right, we purchased on of the turning world globes—-did we need it/want it? No, but now we have one.

I have one of those also. Funny story about that, to protect it I packed it in my carry on. At the airport the TSA guy tells me I've got something liquid in there I need to take out. I tell him "no, I don't have any liquid" He says, "I've been doing this for a long time and I guarantee you got liquid in here". Long story short the globe is filled with liquid, which obviously I didn't realize. So I got to take it back to the check in counter, and pay for an extra bag to be checked. My little globe kind of got expensive real fast. They are fun though, and I've always enjoyed looking at them.