Wonder of the Seas has arrived

berbician

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What was the reasoning to bring te ship all the way to the US for 4 or 5  sailings and then have it return to Europe?

I do not know other than to perhaps have naming ceremony or just to give USA another ship. I mean March is early for Europe and the ship should not just sit around and wait for season to begin.

We already have that with the Ovation hanging around San Diego and occasionally Seattle.

I for one am glad as I just booked the ship for April 8th and in a boardwalk balcony which is what I had for the Allure my first Oasis class ship.

Hoping Wonder won't spoil my trip 4 weeks later on the Symphony.  Then again, I have a Junior Suite for the first time ever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What was the reasoning to bring te ship all the way to the US for 4 or 5  sailings and then have it return to Europe?

US is Royal Caribbean's home market.  Official naming will take place and godmother announced.  More importantly, they will have free cruise for their travel agents and media here.

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I would assume that it was too early to start the Europe season and there were some benefits to completing the stocking of everything in Miami - maybe even some performers hopping on from there?

8 hours ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

US is Royal Caribbean's home market.  Official naming will take place and godmother announced.  More importantly, they will have free cruise for their travel agents and media here.

Think Symphony and Harmony did a season first in Europe before transiting to USA in the Autumn.  They could of done some Med to Canaries/Madeira cruises in March and April.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Think Symphony and Harmony did a season first in Europe before transiting to USA in the Autumn.  They could of done some Med to Canaries/Madeira cruises in March and April.

I would have thought the same considering the times.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

There is also a two week Transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona on April 20th which is sold out.  That's a pretty good reason

11 minutes ago, aloni said:

There is also a two week Transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona on April 20th which is sold out.  That's a pretty good reason

But maybe only 50 percent capacity or less for that sailing because of covid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

But maybe only 50 percent capacity or less for that sailing because of covid.

True and the more enjoyment for those who are on the cruise.

But it probably has to do also with the desire to bring it to the States before the Med season for all the necessary ceremonies and publicity.   Just look how much free publicity the arrival two days ago generated.

• Like 2

FWIW, there's also a few videos that have been posted by a crew member from inside the ship on youtube if you search for them (sorry, no link at the moment).  I think the username they were posting under was "the crew" or something like that.  The ones I saw included the suite area and the main dining room.

Why would they have completely ruined the view over the stern with that weird opaque wall back there ??     Must make that area feel pretty closed in and claustrophobic.     Plus it's ugly.  

7 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Why would they have completely ruined the view over the stern with that weird opaque wall back there ??     Must make that area feel pretty closed in and claustrophobic.     Plus it's ugly.  

It was originally designed for year round China itineraries, which can be pretty cold in the winter. They added all of that so the Aqua Theatre can actually open once in a while, instead of being closed all the time...which is what would have happened if they tried using the older design on those runs.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 1:32 PM, F27TW said:

Different strokes for different folks. I like it

• Like 3