European Cruise Covid Info

joehick

4 hours ago, joehick said:

Will be cruising the Adriatic in Sept. My ?? is. What will be or are is the protocol for disembarking at each country in regards to covid. Testing, Vax, etc?

Howdy @joehick emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread that is on the Cruise Blogs & Websites forum! 👍 However, your thread is off topic there. That forum is for members to share their personal travelogue-type cruise-related blogs or websites with their fellow Cruise Critic members.

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Ask a Cruise Question forum where it will be more on topic. It is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. I suggest you also research our Ports of Call - Europe - Mediterranean - Eastern & Western forums. Browse through the thread titles on the various forums l👀king for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you. To me, you are asking for information that only time will tell. Hopefully, all will be well in the world by your cruise in September. 🤞

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! emo49.gif See How To: Submit a Member Review.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

5 hours ago, joehick said:

Will be cruising the Adriatic in Sept. My ?? is. What will be or are is the protocol for disembarking at each country in regards to covid. Testing, Vax, etc?

Far too early to answer the question - much will change before (hopefully) September.

I believe there still might be requirements for vaccinations.

Ask the question in August but also include the countries you’re visiting - each country will have their own restrictions and requirements (6 to 7 countries along the Adriatic)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, hallasm said:

Far too early to answer the question - much will change before (hopefully) September.

I believe there still might be requirements for vaccinations.

Ask the question in August but also include the countries you’re visiting - each country will have their own restrictions and requirements (6 to 7 countries along the Adriatic)

thanks

Agree with Hallasm.  We have continued to travel (from the USA) throughout the pandemic including a last summer trip to Europe (Turkey, Greece and Cyprus) and a future trip (next month) that will involve many countries (both on a cruise and independent land travel).  Accordingly, we have been keeping a very close eye on the constantly changing rules/trends (vis-a-vis COVID) in several European countries.  Since we prefer independent travel we have left ourselves the ability to revamp our complete itinerary right up until the last minute with the exception of our flight back to the States (from Prague).  

I mention all this as a way of emphasizing that travel today means keeping oneself well informed on changing rules.  So, for example, until a few days ago we had planned to fly from Nice to Vienna but have since crossed Vienna (and Austria) off our list for several reasons including the restrictive atmosphere (and rules) being maintained in that country.  As to cruises, the situation is much easier since the cruise line keeps up with the changing rules in all the ports and advises the passengers as to the requirements.  Sometimes you might find that rules can change right up until the day of your visit and can even vary by cruise line.  So, for example, last summer at least one cruise line (I think it was NCL) decided to impose tougher restrictions on their visit to Mykonos (because of a COVID surge) while some other cruise lines (such as Seabourn) did not modify their policy for that port.  If there are testing requirements for ports it will usually be handled onboard the vessel.

As to my own speculation (which turned out to be very good last summer when we decided that Greece was the place to go)  I think the current trends throughout much of Europe really favor tourism for the upcoming spring/summer/fall seasons.  Restrictions continue to be eased in numerous countries with some others indicating they will soon ease or eliminate current restrictions.  We are really encouraged by the trend to eliminate mandatory testing for folks who are fully vaccinated.   That being said, while testing is truly a pain (and can cost money) it is usually easier to find the necessary testing sites in Europe then in many parts of the USA.

One WARNING!  Make sure to keep up with the changing rules imposed by your own airline.  It is the airlines that will enforce requirements (including testing) as a condition of boarding.  

Hank

• Like 1

Yes, the situation is in flux and can change without notice. However, there are two websites to follow that will give you a pretty good idea of what is happening around the world. Note Kayak's latest update is today. (You can increase the size of the map.)

https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions

And, when you check in for an international flight, the agent behind the desk checks IATA (International Air Transport Association) to verify your docs (passport, visa, vaccinations, etc.)  IATA is the definitive source for airlines. Check your countries here:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Lots of other useful information there too.

• Like 1