Why do P&O keep everything a secret?

BornLucky

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

My last P&O cruise was just before the pandemic. 

No Hawaiian night then.

To be honest,  even if they had one,  it would not be compulsory. 

Nothing on a cruise is compulsary wowzz, we have had Black & White formal nights and Tropical nights amongst others o  pre pandemic cruises.

• Like 1

Just now, terrierjohn said:

Nothing on a cruise is compulsary wowzz, we have had Black & White formal nights and Tropical nights amongst others o  pre pandemic cruises.

Yes, I wasn't too clear.

What I meant that even if a Hawaiian theme night was scheduled,  there is absolutely no need to pack the cheap nylon garish shirt from Primark that has been gathering dust in the wardobe for the last ten years !

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, I wasn't too clear.

What I meant that even if a Hawaiian theme night was scheduled,  there is absolutely no need to pack the cheap nylon garish shirt from Primark that has been gathering dust in the wardobe for the last ten years !

P&O website / What to wear....

"We have two evening dress codes for guests aged 18 years and over from 6pm: 'Evening Casual' and 'Black Tie'. The only exception to these are the official P&O Cruises theme nights (get ready for 70s disco, 80s pop, colourful tropical or splendid black and white nights)"

My point is that you may consider it a waste of a good duster taking a Hawaiiian shirt but you feel even more of an idiot packing it when there isn't such a theme or your only option for playing along for a black and white night is sticking on a tux for a third time. 

It keeps coming round to the key point that P&O do not feel they have any need to inform their customers.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Yes, used to be several theme nights before covid but obviously gone the same way as gala nights, cocktail parties etc, due to need for social distancing!

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Yes, I wasn't too clear.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a garish cheap nylon shirt from Primark, just a pity mine doesn't fit me anymore

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a garish cheap nylon shirt from Primark, just a pity mine doesn't fit me anymore

One of the problems with taking Primark shirts on a cruise is that I have to wash them in the launderette because paying for the ship's laundry to do it is more expensive than the original purchase 😇

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

One of the problems with taking Primark shirts on a cruise is that I have to wash them in the launderette because paying for the ship's laundry to do it is more expensive than the original purchase 😇

Like filling the car with petrol will soon cost more than the car!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fionboard said:

Like filling the car with petrol will soon cost more than the car!!

Wasn't that the original Lada joke?

How do you double the value of a Lada ?

Fill it with petrol !

• Haha 1